Talisman Trade-Ins

With the latest promo almost over, I speak for a lot of people (I think) when I say that I'm probably going to have so many fragmented, unwanted, and unused talisman pieces left over.  I dig the Talisman promos, but this one left us with a lot of undesired items that no one even looks to complete.  Possible solution; have a trade-in command or NPC that takes the leftovers and gives you something nice, like 5 credits or some gold or even an xp boost.  

Comments

• That's what Alchemists and Mages are for! They can turn Talisman pieces into gold.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    the gold gain from that is second to nothing though
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Can the alchemists/magi appraise it first or you find out after they melt it or whatever it is they do?
    we only know how much after we destroy it

• Tharvis said:
    the gold gain from that is second to nothing though
    Did you mean to say "next to nothing" (i.e., very little)? "Second to none" means "the best".
    oh, yeah, very little. Last time I used unweave on a piece I got what... 600odd gold?

• 600 gold is better than 99% of mob drops, so that's definitely not insubstantial from regular talismans... Talismen.

The wonders talismen should probably give more when unweaved, though, given that they're a product of credit-buying and real money purchases. They may not be bought directly with cash, but they're a reason a lot of people are spending more cash, so it'd make sense to give back more for them.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    601gp.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Tested a left horn strap, 450gp return.  

I run a business too, I get it....name of the game is money. Wouldn't it be in the best interest if we are to keep running talisman sales to have some type of somewhat beneficial return on these undesirables because not all talisman sets are going to be homeruns?

• @Halo We're more likely to look at, at some point, implementing a centralized market for Talisman pieces to make buying/selling them easier than spamming market, hoping someone who wants what you have, or has the last piece you need, is listening and will deal with you. Not a promise though!

• Dynamic gold value based on their availability on active characters as well as some kind of rarity multiplier?

Probably more trouble than it's worth though.
  • @Sarapis that would be an awesome implementation, the problem persists in pieces like the rams horn, which is obsolete due to shouting being widely available and the undesired pieces, like this latest round of Ormyrr helmets.  No one will buy those pieces, a market might alleviate that somewhat by putting them out there and hoping a fish bites.  If the answer is take the 400-800gp gold for the pieces that have no real use or marketable value, then that's fine with me.

I think the rate of 100cr per piece is perfectly fine, and if you want to take a %5 returnrate of that because you're too lazy to sell them to other people or they just aren't sell-able doesn't seem too generous; even a certain boost during certain promos like a crit or xp would be reaganomical.
  • We're definitely not looking to create a fat new gold faucet, no, though we already have a rarity modifier on Talisman pieces, which accounts for why some are worth more than others. It's probably not balanced though, between purchased ones vs. hunted-for ones. Something to look into for me.
  • Just make it like the credit market. tfs <talisman piece> gives a list of talisman pieces for sale ordered by price.