Moods - Suggest new ones

Comments

• Something solemn, mild in nature for a monk. Focused, reserved. That sort of thing..
  • for @silas maybe horny?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    pensive, listless, and the like would be great

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Honestly, if we were able to customise moods like we can with expressiveness, I would love that so much. I understand the desire for consistency, but maybe we could just be able to customise in-room appearances? That would be amazing and I think (hopefully) minimise stupidity in customisation if any.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited April 2014
    We're very likely to limit these to predefined moods and possibly the occasional custom mood.

That said, I see us eventually having over a hundred, so there should be lots of choice as time goes on.
  • Also, lots of good suggestions so far.
  • edited April 2014
    Oh, not at all. These are intended as the most basic moods though, so they're largely going to be the simplest.'

Really though, I wonder if we're eventually going to need multiple randomly-selected messages for each category per mood. That's going to be a little brutal in terms of content creation if so, but it may very well end up being the case.
  • edited April 2014
    Disinterested. Curious. Confused.
    Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't it be possible to make it all customisable? When Expressiveness was launched, something quite similar happened - a lot of preset expressiveness styles were suggested and introduced and the list became ridiculously long, but still didn't incorporate everything people wanted (and 90% of it people never used). In the end, it was made fully customisable and I've been really happy for that change.

I'm just wondering if it's a code thing that makes this not possible (which if so, aw and oh well), or if it's mostly just a preemptive measure to stop people being stupid with setting moods. If it's the latter, maybe the community could self-police by just reporting anyone who uses it in a dumb way or telling them themselves - since we can already custom emote and custom say, custom moods shouldn't encounter too much more issue with people, though I guess I could be overly optimistic.

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2014
    We've launched the system with 16 public moods, and plan to add more moods that can be collected in various 
    ways such as questing, leveling up, Shop of Wonders, and so on. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Jurixe Probably mostly a code concern. With expressiveness it's just a bit of extra text on a few key commands (say, whisper, etc) but the basic structure remains the same. This affects a lot more and would probably require the messages for those things to be entirely rewritten by each player using it.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    paranoid, fretful, listless, apathetic (no, not synonyms)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Agitated. Restless. Contemplative. Respectful.

That last one is Cyrene-only.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    flabbergasted!

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    rancor plz. 
    Here you go: 

• edited April 2014
    oh. How about a Cain mood where it's just...pure rage?

Bob stomps in from the east, glowering at all and sundry.
    Loosing a primal scream of rage, Bob picks up the nearest newbie and hurls them into the next room.
    Glaring at you all a final time, Bob stomps out to the west. 

• Already have a rage one in the works!
  • There are also going to be special ones that are less like literal moods and more like 'theme's. Fire, ice, etc for instance.
  • @Sarapis Whilst I understand that this makes no sense in terms of what a literal mood: Any thoughts to making faction/class/race specific moods?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • That's ok, they don't have to be literal moods. We have thought about making faction/class/race specific ones, and may do it at some point, but for now are more focused on broader ones.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Sarapis said:
    There are also going to be special ones that are less like literal moods and more like 'theme's. Fire, ice, etc for instance.
    Please make 'jingle' a theme. Thank you.

• I got one! "constantly flexing"

I have undressed a god.

• Gibbi said:
    I got one! "constantly flexing"
    Chanting "Bro, do you even lift?", Gibbi enters from the northeast. ??

Also, I'm tired as hell, but 'sly'?

• Irritable (which is pretty much what mood Kelandra is in all of the time)
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    How about.. passionate?

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    omg swagger!

Does anyone have the text for that yet?

I really like the new public moods, particularly impassive and amused. Thumbs up for that!