Moods - Suggest new ones

HELP MOODS is a thing now.

Feel free to suggest new ones here, and to suggest messages for them. Can't promise anything as far as implementation, but always helpful to see ideas!

Comments

• Not the thread for bug reports, guys.

• Ellodin said:
    bored, amused, i feel like i'd like something like annoyed or miffed because "cranky" isn't quite what i'm thinking
    irked?
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • sure why not, i'm saying that cranky exists already and i'd like something similar to annoyed or miffed

look, here's the list of existing moods

***********************************[ Moods ]***********************************
    Name           Public   Adopt message                                      
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy          Yes      You can't help yourself and begin to smile happily
    Angry          Yes      Your features take on a dark cast as you fill with
    Sad            Yes      A wave of sadness rolls over you.
    Excited        Yes      You become excited at the thought of it all!
    Morose         Yes      A small frown darkens your features.
    Content        Yes      Your body relaxes as an aura of contentment settle
    Guilty         Yes      You've done something wrong, haven't you?
    Tired          Yes      You're just so tired!
    Cheerful       Yes      The future's looking bright isn't it? You're aweso
    Cranky         Yes      Why must the world conspire against you like this,
    Determined     Yes      You focus your will, determined to succeed at any
    Alarm          Yes      There's an emergency somewhere and you react with
    Shy            Yes      You blush slightly and retreat into yourself.
    Worried        Yes      The sky may actually be falling!
    Stressed       Yes      Argh! Why?! Your blood pressure starts to rise wit
    Mellow         Yes      You mellow out. Ahhhhhh. So relaxing.
    *******************************************************************************
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Ellodin said:

bored, amused, i feel like i'd like something like annoyed or miffed because "cranky" isn't quite what i'm thinking

I was thinking the same thing. "Dour" might work. It'd fit Aehren at times (and some other characters more often :D).
  • I'd like 'empty' or something, an equivalent to a blank mood. Not the default nothing, but the character deliberately hiding their emotions.
  • i wouldn't use dour in the same situations, so i'd prefer not to have that flat out replace an annoyed/miffed

but sure why not as a suggestion
  • ah, along the lines of pre-occupied and busy, pensive
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Impassive, murderous, studious, annoyed

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KyrtonKyrton California

From yellow to blue to white the dots on the wave form the image. Shape and texture juxtaposed with the sensation they create on the eye and the sentiment it stirs within. Thus the ambiguity of "to feel."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Euphoric, jubilant
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• NimNim
    edited April 2014

I'd like calm or serene or other monkly things.

ETA: Actually, I guess content works for the above. Mellow so totally does not, though - way too surfer and/or new age to be appropriately monk.

I'd like 'empty' or something, an equivalent to a blank mood. Not the default nothing, but the character deliberately hiding their emotions.

Empty makes me think of a state of emotional shock or depression (like, how you might feel after watching someone you cared about die), rather than just devoid of emotion. Blank might be good though - I'm told that's how I usually seem IRL, so :c

• For busy, you could just say distracted.

• Two suggesions for the vacantcalm and collected at heart: Indifferent and detached.

Will provide details when I get back.

• detached, sarcastic, teasing/playful
  • The announce post said things about level-based moods, so it might be cool if Logosians got some sort of mood to go with the flavor that they're essentially quasi-immortals (no longer need to eat/sleep), and Dragons got some sort of mood to go along with the fact that they've essentially tapped into a sliver of the primal energy of the universe.

Zero interest in hunting to dragon for being a giant reptile. One hundred percent OK with hunting to dragon for a line of flavor that says I'm awesome.
  • Betrayed, paranoid, indifferent, traumatized.

All I can think of right now.
  • Sluggish.

I have undressed a god.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Serene (this is like, default mode for Mel), reflective, pensive. Most of these already said but picking out the ones I'd love to see. Will keep brainstorming.

Also with Jurixe on that some of these could use more subtle wording.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    These are cool. I saw someone with one of these in their room description and I thought "No way. Did they actually pay credits to get a custom room description?!" - Then realized it was a mood.

Hint hint: one-time use artefact that lets people create a custom mood for themselves.
  • I wrote things. :c
  • I approve of @Strata's message. Where can I sign up for a newsletter and a pamphlet?
  • Strata said:
    Should add mandatory moods for cactus weed, gleam, and snow blossoms. :)
    Would so do drugs on an alt if this were a thing.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    Crazy

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Devout, Zeal
  • rancor plz.