Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Change To Contracts / Marks

15678911»

Comments

  • RomRom Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I'd like if it were a bit more strict with the activity requirement, maybe something like what you guys have in place for voting (if I remember that correctly). I've logged in for like 5 minutes total non-consecutive over the past week and some change, but I've got 3 contracts dwindling away under my responsibility! As I write this I realize it may have been relaxed temporarily so as to not have a big period of time where nobody received contracts while they built their playtime, oh well.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • DecanDecan Member Posts: 112 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited March 2014
    Ive noticed that now a target of a contract has no idea the contract has been placed, its easier than ever to hire 50 (exaggerated) marks on one person and have them attacked/killed constantly without any way for the contract victim to identify whether or not these contracts are actually valid.

    Case in point: If I attack someone, they can just hire on me until they are poor, and I cant issue them for excessive 'attacks via mark system' until after Ive negated the contract through death or killing the mark. Likewise I wouldnt even have to attack someone at all, they could just not like me (hard to believe right?!) and then just do the same thing which means I have to suffer through the process until I can establish that xxx person is being a griefer and abusing the mark system.

    Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I figured I would bump the thread either way.
    image
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Nope, can only have a single contract on a target!
  • DecanDecan Member Posts: 112 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited March 2014
    Then if a group of people attack me and then all hire, even though some of them may be the original target but the rest I would actually have rights to contract on, I would still be in the same position, or after each contract, another one is issued without any new or additional reason, the point still is raised

    That point being an abuse of the current mark system which cannot be established until after the fact when it could be looked into before the fact.
    image
  • DraqoomDraqoom CyreneMember Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Decan said:
    Then if a group of people attack me and then all hire, even though some of them may be the original target but the rest I would actually have rights to contract on, I would still be in the same position, or after each contract, another one is issued without any new or additional reason, the point still is raised

    That point being an abuse of the current mark system which cannot be established until after the fact when it could be looked into before the fact.
    Instead of looking for hypothetical ways for people to screw you over I have an easier solution: Don't be a dick to other people and they won't have to hire on you.
    image

  • DecanDecan Member Posts: 112 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Draqoom said:
    Decan said:
    Then if a group of people attack me and then all hire, even though some of them may be the original target but the rest I would actually have rights to contract on, I would still be in the same position, or after each contract, another one is issued without any new or additional reason, the point still is raised

    That point being an abuse of the current mark system which cannot be established until after the fact when it could be looked into before the fact.
    Instead of looking for hypothetical ways for people to screw you over I have an easier solution: Don't be a dick to other people and they won't have to hire on you.
    If by hypothetical you mean actual, then... well no its actually happening. And two, you need to practice what you preach.
    image
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Decan said:
    If by hypothetical you mean actual, then... well no its actually happening. And two, you need to practice what you preach.
    @Draqoom isn't the one complaining about people hiring, though???

    His point still stands. Don't be a dick -> You won't get hired on.

    CesarinaDraqoom
  • FlorentinoFlorentino Member Posts: 516
    Maybe my fault for not reading the entire thread, but are you meant to see who hired when you successfully kill the Mark and cancel a contract on your head? I got a notification that I had successfully cancelled but no information on who hired recently, and that seems kind of weird. 
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    " GG, easy. "

  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,521 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:
    New system let me take a contract on Targossians and Hashani I normally wouldn't be fighting. Funfunfun.

    Hey man, want to duel?

    hmm, ok, sure!

    OMG YOU HAD A CONTRACT ONE ME???

    U got played mate.
    Hmm, will be wary of any invitations for tea from you moving forward.
    image
    BluefTesha
  • PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,518 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If @Rangor ever invites you to tea, contracts or not, you very well should be wary.  Very wary.
    Melodie
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Y'all have no sense of fun.

    <3 Rangor.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    New mark system overhaul just for @bonko so he can finish my impending contracts please!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,962 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2014
    I WANT A CONTRACT OMG


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • NellaundraNellaundra Member Posts: 1,556 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You know, the easiest fix for this would to make the contracts not tick down while there's an open issue between the target and the mark.  Don't alert the target of the contract at all, of course, since that'd be a pretty easy and obnoxious way to game the system.
    image
    Tharvis
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,864 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why does there need to be a fix at all? It's really no different to them getting a Mark that's on a totally different schedule to the target, who doesn't have a veil when the target does, etc.

    If people are that concerned that their actions are going to unfairly punish other people they can quit Mark or correct those actions.
    Strata
  • IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like it. So far I constantly had to reject contracts and explain why. Now I can just ignore them.
    SilasBonko
Sign In to Comment.