Crafting from Achaea

KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
Sometimes I get bored and I have a ton of creativity. Achaea inspires this with all this creative crafting floating around. I was wondering if anyone else has this happen too? If so, please share?

I made Cincinnati Cyrenian Chili.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    ...can I eat that? Pretty please?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I sometimes paint from Achaea. Not in a while, due to time.

I'm actually about to be beginning looking into a future career in clay sculpture/claymation, so it is entirely possible I will be creating things from Achaea as I get started. I'm still in the research stage for everything, but it should be a fun persuit.

I know @Katia used to make actual real dolls of Achaean characters years ago (I'm not sure where I put Melodie... she must be hiding in a box). I'm sure there's others who have done such things!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Tharvis said:
    ...can I eat that? Pretty please?
    That's my bowl, get your own
  • Melodie said:
    I know @Katia used to make actual real dolls of Achaean characters years ago (I'm not sure where I put Melodie... she must be hiding in a box). I'm sure there's others who have done such things!
    Oh, wow. I so want a Nim plushie. Maybe a @Nellaundra plushie too. I HAVE MONEY, I just don't give it to @Sarapis because I'm too tsundere :c
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I've been wanting to get back to crochet dolls. I last made a Carmen Sandiego that's currently being passed around the world for my sisters kindergarten class.
    Hmm. Where's my yarn!

edited April 2014
    Nim said:
    Melodie said:
    Oh, wow. I so want a Nim plushie. Maybe a @Nellaundra plushie too. I HAVE MONEY, I just don't give it to @Sarapis because I'm too tsundere :c
    Her dolls were sewn, not knitted/etc. Had actual feathery wings, too, and her old blue dress thing!

@Trilliana, however, does a lot of the crochet stuff. Maybe she'd be willing to for a bit of money? (Who doesn't love money, right?)

Edit: Sown =/= sewn.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I like money too *weeps*
  • Melodie said:
    Nim said:
    Melodie said:
    Her dolls were sewn, not knitted/etc. Had actual feathery wings, too, and her old blue dress thing!

@Trilliana, however, does a lot of the crochet stuff. Maybe she'd be willing to for a bit of money? (Who doesn't love money, right?)

Edit: Sown =/= sewn.
    I do LOTS of crochet and knitting (though not lately) My last Achaean inspired thing was a scarf that I made IRL and IG... in fact the day I finished it IRL was the same day it got approved IG and only @Phaestus gets that specific scarf... Lemme see if I can find the picture

I do know a pattern for humanoids (amigurumi) and it's fairly easily changed around to customize. Felt sheets and fabric can be used for clothing, but I'm terrible with that, so everything is eyeballed. If I got better at it, I'm sure I could do fabrics... it'd put my travel sewing machine to use.
    meh

Actually, gonna be honest, I want a Melodie to cuddle with (the other is too delicate). Would you be up to trying it out, @Trilliana? Mel's human and pretty normal at least, nothing too funky to do!

I'm sure we could figure out some agreement on payment, if you're up for it and have the time!
  • @Melodie I can try. I don't have any extra fabric and my felt stores are pretty miserable. I'll see if I still have my fabric tomorrow and I'll message you with a picture of it if I have it.
    meh

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Kerria You mean Skyline chili. The only type of Cincinnati chili that's worth a damn. (I'm so the reason Serendi started making dat shit.)
  • Skyline chili is garbage, son.

@Trey You take that back. You take that RIGHT back before I run a raid on your Michigan shit.
  • I'll take it back to the fuckin' store to return it, because calling that chili is an insult to chili.

• I... I want a little plush gibbi :o

I have undressed a god.

• ....I would squee to have a plush Kei to snuggle.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I have asked @Kerria‌ about a plush Riley
  • So far...
    problem #1: I don't have much of fleshy-toned yarn, so after Meli's I would be using a beige like color
    problem #2: my daughter seems to think that all things I make are her "baby"s... she's been stealing Meli's since I started.

@Melodie can share the pics I've sent her if she wants or she can share when she gets it
    meh

• Trilliana said:

So far...
    problem #1: I don't have much of fleshy-toned yarn, so after Meli's I would be using a beige like color
    problem

Good thing Gibbi's green :>

I have undressed a god.

• Trilliana said:
    So far...
    problem #2: my daughter seems to think that all things I make are her "baby"s... she's been stealing Meli's since I started.
    I really dunno the logistics of problem #1, but if you wanted to make a Nim, I really wouldn't mind contributing to solving said problem!

You're on your own for problem #2 though. :c
  • @Nim's green, so you wouldn't need any typically "fleshy"-toned yarn to begin with!
  • Iocun said:
    @Nim's green, so you wouldn't need any typically "fleshy"-toned yarn to begin with!
    She has tan skin! D:D:
  • Fine. A brownish green, then.
    THAT'S IT @Trey!!! We're dueling in Columbus. Meet you at the corner of Fifth and Seventy-second!
  • Iocun said:
    Fine. A brownish green, then.
    :p
  • Daslin said:

THAT'S IT @Trey!!! We're dueling in Columbus. Meet you at the corner of Fifth and Seventy-second!

Why, @Daslin? Are we meeting your mother for take your kid to work day?

@Trey dem be fightin' werdz.

Don't make me get the greasers to come along. Fuckin' Socs.
  • Daslin said:
    @Trey dem be fightin' werdz.

Don't make me get the greasers to come along. Fuckin' Socs.
    Who's in the Soc? Greasers for life, son.

• edited April 2014
    @Melodie

Pretty!! She reminds me of Ariel

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.