Big change to acquiring skills coming

See announce #4101.

The upshot is that as of tomorrow we're going to start selling every character, no matter what age, up to 2 packages of 1000 lessons each, for $10 each. 2000 lessons, $20. If you're at all interested in Achaea and are not destitute, it's a no-brainer, or is intended to be!

Comments

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Multi class going to be so easy to get now.

• I love this, and forgive my ignorance, but why only either 1 purchase of 2000 or 2 purchases of a 1000?
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    YEAH now to resist spending 20 dollars. CURSE YOU!!!!...I must destroy my credit card now just in case.
  • @Datrius it's 2 purchases of 1000. You can get a total of 2000 for $20, through two purchases, or will be able to as soon as the system goes in tomorrow.
  • Carmell said:

Makin' a lot of assumptions about multiclass given the dearth of information we've given out about it!
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington

Sarapis said:
    Carmell said:

Makin' a lot of assumptions about multiclass given the dearth of information we've given out about it!
    Aww man was just thinking of buying those credits maybe now i'll wait.  Don't need to learn a darned thing.
  • @Sarapis Ah, ok. My apologies just the wording in the line below made me think there would be a thousand lesson package and a two thousand lesson package.

we've decided that as of tomorrow, we're going to add two new lesson packages for purchase. 

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    This is an amazing deal and because of it, I foresee a lot of secret santa purchases.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'm pretty excited!

I'm definitely going to recommend this to any of the novices I get who are interested in staying, and I'll be spending the $20 come next paycheck. Thanks for making it available to everyone! Now I'm pretty sure I can finish out a few skills I've been meaning to.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    Yay! 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• I'm soooo broke right now but I'm starting a new job next week so...first paycheck in a few weeks, lots of lessons! Thanks, @Sarapis.
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Here is a song about wine and a woman.

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • this is really a great change. congrats team @sarapis for making it happen!

two questions though:

1. will purchasing the lessons have the same effect of preserving your character and making said character purge-free?
    2. why only twice, ever, in a character's life? i understand that it will greatly decrease the revenues, but is that the only reason?

again, thank you very much for this wonderful news!
  • @Tarkanian Yes, your character will be purge free, though if you've played at least 100 hours, it's already purge-free.

Why only two in a character's life? I think you answered that yourself already.
  • There's a couple lucky individuals in Mhaldor.
    *Animated Signature*

• Sarapis said:
    Why only two in a character's life? I think you answered that yourself already.
    thank you for the prompt response! though if you do ever allow further purchases like these, like making it a one-time opportunity every two or so years, consider me hooked.
  • Impressive, newbies and oldbies will love this one.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited April 2014
    This is a great addition and definitely makes it easier for true novices to get into the game faster, $10 - $20 is a no-brainer to impulse buyers. I've dropped that on monthly subs for in-game perks in F2P mmos before.

You could also consider, if you haven't, dropping them an IG hint about it towards level 15-20ish. Something like "Enjoying Achaea? Consider supporting us with a $10 Lesson Pack to enhance your character skills!"

• 15-20 is really low, you can easily be still working through tasks at that point (pretty sure I was), would suggest tacking it on at 31 when they leave newbiehood.

• this is really great!  i mean really really great.

now if only we could do LESSONS CONVERT 2000 TO CREDITS
    AGREE!

Joking aside, is this going to be a temporary promotional thing or is it here to stay for good?
  • Is this something we could buy as a gift for another player?
  • @apolinario Well, anything could be removed, but it's not intended to be temporary.

@feral Sure, though that would count as one of that character's two 1000 lesson packages.
  • Aktillum said:
    You could also consider, if you haven't, dropping them an IG hint about it towards level 15-20ish. Something like "Enjoying Achaea? Consider supporting us with a $10 Lesson Pack to enhance your character skills!"
    That's not really a hint :D
  • Sarapis said:
    Thank you. I accept tips in the form of wine,blah, and something involving drunken dancing.

I always have wine.