Any other MUD's like Achaea

Do you play any other MUD's? Any suggestions for something massive and engrossing? Fantasy genre.  Any thing based on other fantasy realms?

Comments

• It's hard to find a MUD like Achaea that is also as large as Achaea. There are several other Achaea-like MUD's, but they're IRE games - Mudkemia, Imperian, Aetolia, Lusternia... they are pretty massive, but their playerbases are at least half of what Achaea's is so it can feel empty.

Most other text games either have no emphasis on fantasy roleplay or they are just dull/empty.
  • ah i see, IRE is where its at. five different games, that's impressive.  i wonder how long these games have been around? as for empty mud's, I've had the experience of an empty mud before so don't wish to revisit that. Thanks!
  • Dran said:
    i wonder how long these games have been around?
    Achaea: 1997
    Aetolia: 2001
    Imperian: 2003
    Lusternia: 2004
    Midkemia: 2009
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Dammit @Jacen - I remember 7-8 years ago being so excited.

Also didn't IRE at some point make a super cute-sy little graphical MMO or am I thinking of something else?
  • They were, but it ended up splitting from IRE into a new business. Earth Eternal, with Sparkplay Media.

I miss reading up on stuff for Tears of Polaris. I wish they'd take up the project again.
  • Earth Eternal got passed around a few businesses after Sparkplay went under. It never took off and was eventually shut down. 
  • Mannimar said:
    Earth Eternal got passed around a few businesses after Sparkplay went under. It never took off and was eventually shut down. 
    I was really sad about it too. One of the people I graduated with worked on it and he was pretty popular (everyone knew piggypops some how), but he's also moved on and moved up since that experience.
    meh