Unsafe Seas

Seafaring was one of the biggest reasons why I came back to play Achaea. Having fallen in love with the whole concept of sailing and ship combat ever since, it was always my eventual intention to write something that could summarize some of the experiences and reasons why I continue taking part in ship-related activities.

My favoured writing style has always been poetry, but I felt that to properly encapsulate the experiences I've had so far, poetry was not going to do it justice. After procrastinating for over six months and then, after countless late nights, I've finally managed to psyche myself into finishing it. I did submit it for Bardics but I figured I would share it earlier anyway, for those who enjoy stories.

I did use a particular experience to fuel the story. While some parts did happen in Achaea, there are also some parts because I had to truncate the entire encounter in order to keep it interesting.

Here you go: http://pastebin.com/GxSBxr9p

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Comments

• I enjoyed the story. I am keeping the pastebin link open in another tab because I know I skimmed parts of it-- work to do, too much text, and wanted to know what happened next.

The problem with this is that every time I glance over my tabs, my mind sees "Unsafe Sex", and then I'm like "What-- why do I have that Mortal Kombat condoms post from Amusing Things open in another tab", and then I realize that it actually says "Unsafe Seas". This has happened three times this evening.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I have this open in another tab as well, reading between sailing and bashing. Not done yet, but so far it's awesome.