Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• What do people generally use for HTML logging these days? Wyd's Simple Logger? screendump?
  • I just tend to save the snippet of a log I need with the right-click menu. Wyd's simple logger logs in plain txt (which I also use for permalogging).
  • Ah, I thought Wyd had added html to his at some point.
  • @Vadimuses is that what you think is the best way, I want to actually log the entire output of my buffer (not in HTML) for record keeping purposes and actually was looking for a solution.
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • Hello!

I don't know if this should be posted here but...

I was making a GUI in mudlet, and I was wondering if it was possible to place GIF or JPG format pictures in a mudlet GUI, and if so, how?
    I'm talking about the gifs like Zulah posted in this thread http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1710/commissioned-guis/p2.

Is there a function in geyser or vyzor that allows this?
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Neso said:
    Hello!

I was making a GUI in mudlet, and I was wondering if it was possible to place GIF or JPG format pictures in a mudlet GUI, and if so, how?
    I'm talking about the gifs like Zulah posted in this thread http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1710/commissioned-guis/p2.

@Neso: You probably want this here: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Geyser#Image_on_a_label
  • Nizaris said:
    Neso said:
    Hello!

@Neso: You probably want this here: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Geyser#Image_on_a_label

@Nizaris: Thank you for replying, I have already tried what you posted thus the initial question, but png's and gif's are not appearing in mudlet if they are animated. I just know it's possible, because @Zulah did it.
  • That might be a label with the pictures being constantly switched out via timer.
  • Keneanung said:
    That might be a label with the pictures being constantly switched out via timer.
    I understand, well I got Vadi's dancing santa script, so I guess I'm gonna have to create my own pictures and use timers.

Thank you guys!
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Hey, I discussed this some on ranting menace. So here's my issue:

I'm trying to learn to make gauges in geyser. I've had a lot of people say, just buy a gui from someone. I actually want to learn it and work on it on my own, though. So I read the Geyser manual on how to do it. I understand positioning, color and all that, I think. I just couldn't get the setValue bit to work. 

hpbar = Geyser.Gauge:new({
      name="hpbar",
      x="50%", y="85%",
      width="45%", height="5%",
    })
    hpbar:setValue(current_health, max_health, "<b>"..max_health.."hp</b>")

My starter was basically like this, except for current health I was trying to make a custom string to call. 
    I was trying to use GMCP by way of another script, but I couldn't get it to work at all. I think I'd need triggers
    to call it, just based on what I've read. I understand most triggers, but have no clue where to call this one from. Any pointers?

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Sorry for the messed up font, too
  • You don't use triggers for GMCP... so your issue isn't with Geyser at all, it is with getting data from GMCP. 

In the first part it pulls GMCP data on the prompt, in the second part (after sending), pulls GMCP data right away as it comes in.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I'll try it, thanks!

• Thinking about it, if you've ever built a sipper, you already know how to do that - just put the update function in where it gets the stats at.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Jinsun said:
    I'll try it, thanks!

Ok, so where I'm having issues is with Setvalue still, so, I used a function to make a call like it showed at the bottom of the tutorial you linked me too, capturing my max health and current health to a string then putting it into SetValue on geyser, but set value wants a number. That's where I'm having issues.
  • Use tonumber(mystring) to turn it into a number.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA

name="hpbar",

x="50%", y="85%",

})

hp_bar:setValue(tonumber(myhealth), tonumber(maxhealth))

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Jinsun said:

name="hpbar",

x="50%", y="85%",

})

hp_bar:setValue(tonumber(myhealth), tonumber(maxhealth))

Never mind, @Josoul and I tried something else, and got it working.
  • Might as well say what got it working so others with the same problem will know 
  • Ok, for some reason lately, anytime I work with large amounts of groupable items (specifcally primes, minerals and metals), mudlet freezes up/crashes on me. I'm able to hit reconnect to get back in the game, which leads to this:

chite", "attrib": "gre" } }ame": "a group o": "gre" } }9Char.Item: "inv", "item"g21nch59959", 
    "name": "a group of 5 pinches 1814239e" } }ame": "a group o": "gre" } }35v"4ion": "inv", "item": { 
    "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches olachite", "attrib"", "item": {  { 481gronchpdate { 
    "location"3e""item": { "id": "454313", "namd49ms.Update { "location": "inv", "item": { "id": 
    "386957", "name": "a  of61em5loc": 792.Uppdate { "locloc3e",name": "roup of 5 pinches of groue {57of 
    2495 pinches olachite", "attrib"", "item": {  { 481gronchpdate { "location"3e""item": { "id": 
    "454313", "namd49ms.Update { "location": "inv", "item": { "id": "386957", "name": "a  of6ation": 
    "inv"3loc "item": {}35v"4ion": "inv", "item": { "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches olachite", 
    "a0645451687", "name": "a group of 5 pinches of ground malachite", "attrib": "gre" } }35v"4ion": 
    "inv", "item": { "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches olachite", "a0645451687", "name": "a grou36159 
    ofÉChar.It5nche9L14n": 0 "i49acie": "a group of 5 pinches 1814239e" } }35v"4ion": "inv", "item": { 
    "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches olachite", "a0hite", "a75 "name": "a group of 5 pinches of ground 
    malachite", "attrib": "gre" } }35v"4ion": "inv", "item": { "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches olachite", 
    "a0645451687", "name": "a group of pdat333item": { "id": "99 ofÉChar.It5nche9L14n": 0 "i49acie": "a 
    group of 5 pinches 1814239e" } }m5loc": 792.Uppdat3621pdate { "locatm5loc": 792.Uppdat3621pdate { 
    "locatm5loc": 792.Uppdat3621pdate { "locat35v"4ion": "inv", "item": { "id": "386957",of 2495 pinches 

showing up first. Anyone have idea what might be causing it and how to make it stop?

• Yeah, disable compression / mccp in Mudlet's Special Options.
  • That seems to have done it, you're a life saver!

• AnnwylAnnwyl Vancouver, B.C.
    Is there a problem with Mudlet? I've tried logging in six times, and Mudlet crashed every time once the loginwas finished. I haven't changed anything in my settings. Using Mudlet and SVO. It was working fine earlier today. 
  • Hm maybe you've made an infinite trigger or an alias. Try enabling the bomb button - if the issue doesn't happen, then it is that.
  • Corrupt map, most likely. Navigate to your profile on your computer, which is usually inside of the .config file somewhere in My Computer, and delete the map folders/files, then reopen mudlet and let the map redownload. (Don't forget MCONFIG CROWDMAP ON, to have it updated)

• I have a little programming background (mostly self-taught), but I've been trying to set up a GUI in Mudlet that resembles the HTML5 client, with some customisations.  I have a feeling I know what the trouble is, here, but I wanted the opinions of those more experienced before I dive back in.

I've managed to create a left-hand-side container and split it into three sections.  In the bottom one goes the mapper (which seems frozen (non-zooming) at all times, but that's another issue).  In the middle and top go labels that are supposed to display stats and info retrieved from the game via gmcp.  When I put placeholder words in the labels, they work fine.  I have to put the text all in one line or subsequent ones overwrite previous ones.  This becomes a problem when I want to bring in the gmcp data, because putting something like 'gmcp.Char.Stats.name' in the echo line prints exactly that, and if I split out into a second echo line, I only see the result of the previous line.  So if I call name and then race,  I only see the race.

I think the answer is to not use labels, but miniConsoles for this.  I was happy when I got the label to do what I wanted, so I stubbornly stuck to using it (and I was running out of steam at that point anyway), but clearly that's not the best option.  Are miniConsoles the way to go, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?  Here's my code for the placeholders:

CharStatslabel = Geyser.Label:new({
      x = "0%", y = "33%",
      width = 198, height = 150
    }, left_container_mid)

CharStatslabel:setStyleSheet([[
      background-color: black;
      border-width: 5px;
      border-style: solid;
      border-color: darkslategray;
      border-radius: 10px;
      qproperty-alignment: 'AlignLeft | AlignTop';
    ]])
    CharStatslabel:echo("<pre>CHARACTER STATS\n\nName&nbsp;&nbsp;Race&nbsp;&nbsp;Level&nbsp;&nbsp;Class\n\nDEFENCES</pre>")

Which results in this:

...which looks fine and all, but doesn't work beyond the placeholder stage.  The next step is obviously to get the real data in those boxes so it can be functional. 

• "which seems frozen (non-zooming) at all times" - that likely means you have a transparent label on top of it.

Use <br> instead of \n for a new line in a label.

• Anyone happen to know why this keeps happening? - http://pastie.org/9136648

IThis message persists non-stop, checking inventory, outrifting plants and checking defenses doesn't fix it - Syntax: OUTRIFT [num|ALL] <ITEM>

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Which Svo version?

• Happened to me, dunno why. I just restarted mudlet and it worked.