Year 650 timetable

2»

Comments

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #4062                                     (03/10/2014 at 03:03)  
    From   : Tecton, the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Year 650 Approaches
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Less than a week remains before the commencement of Year 650! If you haven't had a chance to 
    experience one of our semicentennial celebrations, you're in for a great time, as the whole of 
    Sapience celebrates the anniversary of the fall of the Seleucarian Empire! There's prizes, games, 
    special events, and many other exciting activities for everyone to enjoy over the 12 Achaean months.

We've put up our timetable on Achaea.com, with many of our major and championship events, so head 
    over to http://www.achaea.com/year-650 to get all of the details.

Many more surprises are in store for you too, so stay tuned to the ANNOUNCE news board for more 
    details.

Penned by My hand on the 3rd of Valnuary, in the year 649 AF.

Linked to the help file giving you the info.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4078                                     (03/23/2014 at 20:37)  
    Subject: Jousting!
    As mentioned in events news #464, we have released Jousting as an arena event! HELP JOUSTING has all 
    the particulars.

Currently jousting is only available at the Matsuhama Arena in Delos. We will allow cities to 
    purchase the add-on for their arenas once we have any bugs worked out. And if you do find any such 
    anomalies, please report them via BUG command!

The Year 650 schedule has been updated to include a jousting tournament, to be held tomorrow at 
    18:00 GMT.

Last, Merentesh is selling practice lances in his shop in Delos (across from the post office). Keep 
    in mind, these lances are of inferior quality to those made by those with the forging skill.

Penned by My hand on the 6th of Lupar, in the year 650 AF.

Linked the website in that one too with all the info.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4084                                     (03/27/2014 at 17:20)  
    Subject: A staff contested
    As the last days of the 650th year of the modern age dawn, we encounter a situation unseen in the 
    history of quinquagenary celebrations - a tie for the Staff of Nicator! To resolve this deadlock, 
    Iakimen and Jhui shall engage in a final challenge to determine who is worthy of the title of 
    Champion!

Join us at 1800 GMT this Saturday (2pm EST, 11am PST), to be followed by the Championship Ceremony 
    at its conclusion.

Don't forget the CTF tomorrow (Friday) at 2300 GMT, as the cities of Sapience battle it out for the 
    Effigy of Victory!

Plainly states the CTF is tomorrow, if you happened to miss the previous two announcements, everyone talk about it IG and on forums, and didn't check the sticky thread that gave you the link to the list of all the events and the times (minus jousting, which they introduced mid year 650).

So no, you didn't read all the announces :)

• Oooh, one day before. Actually what I did was scan for a date stating the CTF, which is not listed in those first two announce posts.
    Kind of expected it to be actually in one of the announces instead of just on the website.

Disappointed. But I've been fairly dormant through March and not frequenting the forums like I did for a while. I'll give a credit to anyone who can guess why!

+1 to Cooper for being cool for once. Except that last snarky line, you snide ess-oh-bee.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Xith said:
    Aww, you guys are always so sweet in replying to my plainly stated questions. Good to see the accompanying squinty faces on my post too.

Someone please link the Announce post that said the time? I'm pretty sure I was reading news every time I logged on.
    (My 'zero' key and 'right arrow' key are broken so scrolling through news articles is more effort than I'd like right now]
    http://www.ironrealms.com/game/news/Achaea/Announce/4062 - This was posted about a week before the games started and had a link to the website where all the games and times were announced.

http://www.ironrealms.com/game/news/Achaea/Announce/4084 - This was the day before to remind everyone of what the times are.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah, still expect a text game to make its announcements where it makes most of its other announcements. It's usually a 'we copied what you just read to the website' thing. So I tend to just read the game announce in the actual game.

Faux pas. But Ashtan didn't need me. I logged in just as they were winning, kinda pissed me off.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • They did. More than once. They told you to click the link for the info. You failed to do that and then failed to comprehend what 'the ctf is tomorrow at 23:00 gmt' means I an announce post. Entirely your fault

• There's also something called asking your city when the CTF was on, which was how I found out and had to calculate my timing that way.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."