Year 650 timetable

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
Everyone loves our quinquagenary celebrations, and year 650 is nigh upon us! Head over to http://www.achaea.com/year-650 to checkout the timetable today!

Comments

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Today I learned a new word. I had to go and google that!

Looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to see who'll get the Staff this time. Sad that my time zone means I can't participate in most of these things, but also eager to see what the other mentioned 'surprises' are (bazaar? multiclass? free credit giveaways? HOUSING EXPANSIONS? /wilddreams)
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Will there still be a CTF This summer? Hope so! 
  • Super! @Tecton Thanks for all your hard work, and Sarapis too! This should be a fun year
  • edited March 2014
    Wha actually is the artifact vault and what do you get you get for choosing that?
  • Jovolo said:
    Wha actually is the artifact vault and what do you get you get for choosing that?
    I believe you get to visit a room in the game, and there will be multiple artefacts on the ground. You get to keep whichever one you pick up.
  • @Tecton, I'm sure it goes without saying that there will be an auction, but could we get an idea of when it will start?

• Will the quiz be general knowledge or based on a specific history, culture, series of game events, etc.? 
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    What is up with the opening ceremony start time? Isn't that like Midnight-4am in the states? I guess we just have to sleep through the treasure hunt. :(
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Bluef said:
    Will the quiz be general knowledge or based on a specific history, culture, series of game events, etc.? 
    Yes ;)
    Kellonius said:
    What is up with the opening ceremony start time? Isn't that like Midnight-4am in the states? I guess we just have to sleep through the treasure hunt. :(
    As always, the treasure hunt will be on when the new year rolls over - this year, it'll be about 0700 GMT on a Sunday. Gotta let the rest of the world have a chance too, man.
    Trey said:
    @Tecton, I'm sure it goes without saying that there will be an auction, but could we get an idea of when it will start?
    During Y650!
  • Will there be crew size limits for the ship arena event?
    Kinilan said:
    Will there be crew size limits for the ship arena event?
    Captain and 4 crew at this stage.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Similarly, any restrictions for the ship race event?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Ruth said:
    Similarly, any restrictions for the ship race event?
    None planned at this stage.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Jurixe said:
    Today I learned a new word. I had to go and google that!

Looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to see who'll get the Staff this time. Sad that my time zone means I can't participate in most of these things, but also eager to see what the other mentioned 'surprises' are (bazaar? multiclass? free credit giveaways? HOUSING EXPANSIONS? /wilddreams)
    Haha :) Me too!

Seems google's dictionary (define:word) doesn't even know it:

• Oh my bejesus, I -just- realized.

With Maya, Sarapis and the Pantheon gone, who will hand the staff down now? Or even how?! Should be exciting to see!
  • NieelensarsNieelensars Southern, Texas
    edited March 2014
    @asmodron well @Tecton visited me last night and it was in His hands so I'd presume probably Him
  • Veldrin said:
    It'll be the ghost of Nicator, now freed from his prison now that the Overlords are gone. As long as the staff remains in mortal hands he'll slowly gather the life energy needed to revive and when he does revive so shall Glorious Seleucar, which shall overrun Sapience and the Empire shall be reborn!
    I like it!
  • Couple questions:

1. Why wasn't the CTF announced?

2. Why was it on a Friday?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Do you read :|

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited March 2014
    Xith said:
    Couple questions:

1. Why wasn't the CTF announced?
    WTFing that for the sheer idiocy of the statement. It was announced at least twice that I can remember, likely more.

• It was announced on the forums, on the year 650 website, in shouts and in an announce post. Are you that daft?

Friday, March 28

TBD

• Winner's Ceremony

23:00 GMT

• City vs. City CTF

• NimNim
    edited March 2014
    Could've done with knowing an end time though. The last one was like, so many hours that I expected a chance to relax for an hour or so after getting home, and then apparently it's over. x:
  • Regular CTF's are always 2 hours. Idk how long the Game of Eyes or w/e its called is, never played during one.

• Really? I swear the 600 one was at least 4-6 hours long. Maybe it just felt that long?
    Nim said:
    Really? I swear the 600 one was at least 4-6 hours long. Maybe it just felt that long?
    Always two hours! They usually pass in the blink of an eye, at least on our end! 
  • Aww, you guys are always so sweet in replying to my plainly stated questions. Good to see the accompanying squinty faces on my post too.

Someone please link the Announce post that said the time? I'm pretty sure I was reading news every time I logged on.
    (My 'zero' key and 'right arrow' key are broken so scrolling through news articles is more effort than I'd like right now]
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.