Miscellaneous Maths/Testing II

Comments

• Also artefact collars, possibly magic damage icons? Not sure if icons help against denizens.
  • Sena said:
    Also artefact collars, possibly magic damage icons? Not sure if icons help against denizens.
    Hm, I initially thought collars did to, but didn't see it in the list in HELP ARTEFACTS, so didn't list it.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    If it doesnt show up in the list you can send them an email and ask as well. It's a long shot but it may work.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• At higher levels, is it faster to bash with Scorpion or Dragon stance? Scorpion is about .6 seconds faster than dragon which means more of a chance for critical strikes. But Dragon has more damage output (combined with level 3 knuckles)?
  • Just going by memory without checking actual numbers, I think scorpion has better damage output (which doesn't necessarily make it better overall). Dragon also has some randomness in its damage.
  • Doesn't dragon also have a bit of a defensive boost? Or was I misinformed on that?
  • With monk stances, defensive boosts refer to increased chances for blocks to fire, which doesn't help with bashing. Dragon has faster eq recovery, but I'm not sure how much that matters against denizens.

I'm pretty sure dragon has slightly higher damage per hit than scorpion, on average (since dragon is random, so it could be lower or higher than scorpion), but scorpion is faster so it has higher DPS, even with knuckles (which are a bit more effective in dragon because it has stronger punches). I think accuracy is about the same for both.
  • Ohh, that makes more sense.
  • I thought dragon had 20 percent increase to kicks AND punches, while scorpion was 30 percent to just kicks.
  • I gave some damage numbers for unstanced, dragon, and scorpion at http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/106310/#Comment_106310.
  • Does strength matter for monk bashing? Or Cons? For high level bashing
  • Strength and constitution are both important. Not sure which is better to focus on.
  • Strength matters, just like it does for pvp.

It's kind of a sliding scale of 'Can you reasonably tank this' that leads to 'if you can, get more strength to kill it faster'.

• KuyKuy
    edited March 2014
    @Sena, I sent you numbers for Shaman!  I probably should have dug up this thread first, hmm.  I'll also post them here!

Bleed against a falcon with 12 int was 280 damage.

With swiftcurse, I curse at ~.85s speed.

With perfect swiftcurse upkeep, I can curse 12 times.

Swiftcurse (when used while swiftcurse is already active) is ~1.8s.

12 (the number of times I can curse before having to swiftcurse again) / 1.8 (the length of the balance on swiftcurse) = .15

.85 (the unmodified length of curse while swiftcurse is active) + .15 (the modifier to each curse from having to upkeep swiftcurse) = 1s.

So, it looks like with perfect swiftcurse upkeep, a 12 int Shaman as 280 dps.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Kuy said:
    @Sena, I sent you numbers for Shaman!  I probably should have dug up this thread first, hmm.  I'll also post them here!

12 (the number of times I can curse before having to swiftcurse again) / 1.8 (the length of the balance on swiftcurse) = .15

.85 (the unmodified length of curse while swiftcurse is active) + .15 (the modifier to each curse from having to upkeep swiftcurse) = 1s.

That's with nimble, I assume? And do you have a diadem?
  • Thanks. Can you also give the mana/willpower costs for bleed and swiftcurse?
  • Eld said:
    Kuy said:

That's with nimble, I assume? And do you have a diadem?
    Oh yes!  With nimble, with no diadem.  Diadem would only affect swiftcurse.

Swiftcurse is 80wp, bleed is 10wp.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Also, I forgot to mention that I'm back from vacation, so if anyone still wants to help me test the bashing abilities I listed on the previous page, I can do it now.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Happy to help with Sylvan stuff, @Sena!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I just tested bop. The stock blackjack (60/200/200) deals 480 damage (targeted is the same as untargeted) for 3 seconds of balance (before nimble), at trans pranks.

I didn't test other stats to confirm it, but presumably it's 300+3*DamageStat damage and the standard weapon speed formula (7-SpeedStat/50 seconds). If so, then the standard blackjack at 12 strength without nimble has 160 DPS, and then 192, 211, and 235 for level 1/2/3, 273 for level 3 runed (546 damage on a 2 second balance, 1.8s with nimble).

So a runed level 3 blackjack is almost as strong as drawslash in Arash with a level 3 band, if those numbers are accurate.

And just as an aside, targeting bop makes the flavour text a bit better. Instead of "You reach out and bop Penwize on the nose with your blackjack.", you can get "You reach out and bop Penwize's head (or torso, left leg, etc.) with your blackjack."
  • Thornrend with 18 int is 597 damage (I'd guess 450 at 12 int, but I can't be sure), for probably 3 seconds eq without quick-witted.
  • edited March 2014
    Int: 12

Decay,
    Damage : 549
    EQ Cost : 3.5eq      w/ quick-witted
    Willpower : 16wp
    Mana : 80m

Deadeyes Bleed/Bleed,
    Damage : 160
    Balance : 2.0s    w/ no nimble
    Willpower : 50wp
    Mana : 60mana

Might be slightly off on the balance/eq times.

• Damage was tested on a Baalzadeen* if it makes a difference.
  • Crixos said:
    Damage was tested on a Baalzadeen* if it makes a difference.
    It does, but I haven't figured out why. Decay does 549 against baalzadeens and 545 against falcons. Would you be willing to try bleed on a falcon to see if it's different too?
  • Confirmed that deadeyes bleed/bleed is 160 against falcons too, and single bleed is 80.
  • Sena said:
    I just tested bop. The stock blackjack (60/200/200) deals 480 damage (targeted is the same as untargeted) for 3 seconds of balance (before nimble), at trans pranks.

I didn't test other stats to confirm it, but presumably it's 300+3*DamageStat damage and the standard weapon speed formula (7-SpeedStat/50 seconds). If so, then the standard blackjack at 12 strength without nimble has 160 DPS, and then 192, 211, and 235 for level 1/2/3, 273 for level 3 runed (546 damage on a 2 second balance, 1.8s with nimble).

So a runed level 3 blackjack is almost as strong as drawslash in Arash with a level 3 band, if those numbers are accurate.

And just as an aside, targeting bop makes the flavour text a bit better. Instead of "You reach out and bop Penwize on the nose with your blackjack.", you can get "You reach out and bop Penwize's head (or torso, left leg, etc.) with your blackjack."
    This is interesting, thank you. Been thinking about upgrading my lvl 2 blackjack but wasn't really sure on the difference it would make to me, using it only a little in pvp combined with the option of hunting in Dragon

Satyr Gallant with 13 Str, lvl 3 pendant, nimble and aim to kill traits

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sobriquet said:
    Sena said:
    I just tested bop. The stock blackjack (60/200/200) deals 480 damage (targeted is the same as untargeted) for 3 seconds of balance (before nimble), at trans pranks.

This is interesting, thank you. Been thinking about upgrading my lvl 2 blackjack but wasn't really sure on the difference it would make to me, using it only a little in pvp combined with the option of hunting in Dragon

You can borrow my lvl 3 blackjack to try for yourself, if you'd like :)

• Utianima said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Sena said:

You can borrow my lvl 3 blackjack to try for yourself, if you'd like :)
    Can't wield someone else's artefact weapon.

• Sena said:
    Crixos said:
    Damage was tested on a Baalzadeen* if it makes a difference.
    It does, but I haven't figured out why. Decay does 549 against baalzadeens and 545 against falcons. Would you be willing to try bleed on a falcon to see if it's different too?
    Does using decay drain a little health from your Baalzadeen?