Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Queue Revision

JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Allow queued commands to be specified, such as: "QUEUE ADD THORNREND MAKARIOS LEFT LEG" up to a maximum of two commands. This allows the queue to be used for specific actions instead of a LIFO structure which is a pain in the ass when trying to function properly i.e. lighting pipes getting in the way of the Queue.

PenwizeNimKuyRomNemutaurJosoulSenaMelodieIsaiahSynbios

Comments

• KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Why does it need a maximum of two commands?
    Nim
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tecton already insisted that the queue wouldn't be made any bigger than two commands. I don't know the exact reasoning, but this functionality change is a first step in making it properly usable in combat - the next is getting it increased to three or four commands at a point when that's feasible.
    Josoul
  • PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,591 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    Tecton already insisted that the queue wouldn't be made any bigger than two commands. I don't know the exact reasoning, but this functionality change is a first step in making it properly usable in combat - the next is getting it increased to three or four commands at a point when that's feasible.
    And please let that be soon, 2 is just ... so not enough for so many situations. :(
    NimJosoul
  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,696 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Actually I would rather see a way for commands to be chained into a single sent command, using a delimiter that Achaea recognized. Then queue can be only one long and it would not be a problem. Also solves issues where on bad latency a second/third sent command goes through but the ones before it do not.

So essentially you would send something like: "temper arador¦educe iron arador¦wrack arador paralysis"

Your client sends out as a single command, Achaea receives it as a single command and splits it so the order is always preserved and will not get broken by latency issues or spamming.

I think that would be a much better solution than an ever increasing queue size.
    Josoul
  • NemutaurNemutaur GermanyMember Posts: 1,068
    Arador said:
    Actually I would rather see a way for commands to be chained into a single sent command, using a delimiter that Achaea recognized. Then queue can be only one long and it would not be a problem. Also solves issues where on bad latency a second/third sent command goes through but the ones before it do not. So essentially you would send something like: "temper arador¦educe iron arador¦wrack arador paralysis" Your client sends out as a single command, Achaea receives it as a single command and splits it so the order is always preserved and will not get broken by latency issues or spamming. I think that would be a much better solution than an ever increasing queue size.
    Basically something Imperian already has?
    Synbios
  • AradorArador Member Posts: 1,696 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yes. That combined with the queue system would suit most needs.
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2014
    Bump. Thank you for taking another look at the queue though you made the queue longer before making the queue more fundamentally efficient! Can we revisit this?

@Tecton
    FeralJosoul
Sign In to Comment.