year 650

2»

Comments

• RomRom
    edited March 2014
    I'm really bummed that the tiebreaker between two dudes that weren't gonna get staff ended up having Jhui winning. We were very relieved when Kafziel and Jarrod were at the top, but I understand that is their precedent for tiebreakers after seeing it happen at the quiz. Optimistic towards the championship tiebreaker though, as Dunn said it would be nice to see an individual skill competition between the two, whatever that event could even be.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • I watched ( and participated enough ) during the XP event. I will admit, I was amused. I remember at one point Jhui actually told me he would end up hunting a lot to make sure I wouldn't overtake him back when he was in Eleusis. He saw how fast I was going at that time. But this event? Man, you really rocked it Jhui. Hats off to you dude. You really showed your strong side of hunting as an Occultist vs Monk. 

I will admit though, I was really interested in watching the fights happen back and forth. Ashtan, Mhaldor, Targ and Eleusis all had fierce competitors and fierce defenders. Everyone had their place and everyone knew what they had to do to help their Champion.

I'm pretty sure we are all holding our breath as we quietly wait for the next event to see who will truly win the Staff of Nicator. 

The y650 events were definitely an inspiration and those that participated have shown great skill, great wit, and great talent. Many more years to come!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited March 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Stop saying 'bro'. That is all.

Don't tase him, bro.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Good luck, @Jhui. I know I already wished you already but wishing you again wouldn't hurt!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited March 2014
    Oh snaaaaapp CTF gonna be craaaaafy
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Rom said:
    I'm really bummed that the tiebreaker between two dudes that weren't gonna get staff ended up having Jhui winning. We were very relieved when Kafziel and Jarrod were at the top, but I understand that is their precedent for tiebreakers after seeing it happen at the quiz. Optimistic towards the championship tiebreaker though, as Dunn said it would be nice to see an individual skill competition between the two, whatever that event could even be.
    Never heard of a tiebreaker where the rest of the field was also able to participate as well. Man I know we all must be embracing our inner nerds playing a text game in 2014 but does no one watch sports :(
  • Rom said:

Should be a no-holds-barred legendary best of three, no transmog, set of duels at North of Thera. I vote for Mastu's ghost to make a small appearance. Would be epic.

@Tecton @Sarapis there is no better way to conclude Y650.

• Exciting stuff dudes! Glad I got to be a part of it all. Congratulations Jhui!
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Did anyone by chance log the tie-breaker XP Event?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Rank      Player                                            Xp
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    #1        Warlord Jhui Ta'sa, Lord of the Crossing          4942776
    #2        Blackthorn Iakimen Longshanks, Ithmian Reap       4726039
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• It
      It
        It
          It
            It
              It
    ------------------------------------------------------ <- The wire
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    That was cute, Jarrod.