Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Removing instant travel - good, or bad?

12346»

Comments

• BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Strata said:
    Cooper said:
    I didn't argue against spreading knowledge, I said that anyone qualified to discuss this topic should already know the information.
    This be forums tho. Should probably move the discussion to ACC where people like @Daeir (aka "My system paused because I was editing a poster and that's why you killed me") can bring these nerfs straight to the people that matter.

A little more about that... so many Self-Qualified Achaean Combat Mechanics Experts who are in a perpetual state of class-switching no-system no-arties no-limitations-on-e-peen-flaunting-via-"discussing"-nerfing-of-every-fucking-thing.
    The last time many of these experts actually did anything was maybe back in 2007? Welcome to the forums! I'm da besssst. Word up.
    Good point @Strata. Would love to know who the "expert" commenting on Shaman combat is within this clan. 
  • AdioroAdioro Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I don't really an opinion or anything to contribute to the earring discussion, but I've always been of the opinion that when discussing mechanics it's best to diligently lay out those mechanics--not only because people who didn't understand them before reading what you post might have great critical thinking/problem solving abilities, but also because even the 'experts' can and will interpret or understand things differently, and laying it out can preempt a lot of misunderstanding and, more importantly, bickering or posturing, leaving more time for actual arguing!

TeshaNimBluef
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,764 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Whoa buddy, the last time I actually did anything was like 2004. Everyone knows that.

Also, I'm not too kind to people that don't even bother to read threads before commenting (re: the information Jacen requested was posted on the first page).

And really, combat balance and huge changes like this are things that people on the general forums generally shouldn't discuss (I'd bold the generally part to make it more important but I'm lazy).

And repeating, again: this type of change should not be discussed (even broadly on the forums) by people who don't even know the basic mechanics behind them. That's not being rude or secretive, it just means that this is a HUGE change and is one of those things that should really be ACC only.

BluefShadrac
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lol I've read the whole thread. Sure, the info is here, but its spattered across 6 pages, and who knows what little tidbits have been missed?

Oh yeah, silence vibe.
    Oh yeah, don't forget about indoors.
    Oh yeah, there's a balance on SAYs

Even the ACC crowd could make their discussion better if the relevant information was clearly and concisely compiled in one location. Pulling shit out of your head all the time leads to a lot of mistakes.
    Bluef
    edited March 2014
    Cooper said:
    Whoa buddy, the last time I actually did anything was like 2004. Everyone knows that.

Also, I'm not too kind to people that don't even bother to read threads before commenting (re: the information Jacen requested was posted on the first page).

And really, combat balance and huge changes like this are things that people on the general forums generally shouldn't discuss (I'd bold the generally part to make it more important but I'm lazy).

And repeating, again: this type of change should not be discussed (even broadly on the forums) by people who don't even know the basic mechanics behind them. That's not being rude or secretive, it just means that this is a HUGE change and is one of those things that should really be ACC only.
    I can understand why such ideas aren't appropriate for IDEAS. But how can people make reasonable classlead suggestions without discussion leading up to informed ideas? Surely, not only ACC ideas are given serious consideration.

Meh. Comments like these just make me want to ask one thing:

@Tecton when will the next call for ACC be (I think the last posting asking for applicants was back in October of 2013)?
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,764 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There usually aren't too many calls for applicants. If people say you should be in you get in. Tecton also takes into account the number of people from each faction/class too, so you're more likely to get in if your faction has fewer people.

And again, as usual, you jump to a conclusion that wasn't said or implied.

Ideas are fine to discuss, on or off forums.

The really big things (such as nerfing earrings) should only be considered by people qualified to do so (ACC).

Taking 'huge combat/balance changes shouldn't GENERALLY be discussed on the forums' and taking that to mean 'no ideas should be discussed' (and many other big logic jumps you've done in the past) is one of the main reasons I don't respond to you. And your follow up of only 'Surely, not only ACC ideas are given serious consideration' is a big jump over what you just said, which was already not the truth.

Your logic would go something like this.

That tree is blue. Therefore trees are only ever blue, and everything else is only blue too (even though you're plainly looking at green trees, brown trees, and pink cats). It's just stupid, stop it.

BluefShirszaeShadrac
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Strata said:
    Cooper said:
    I didn't argue against spreading knowledge, I said that anyone qualified to discuss this topic should already know the information.
    This be forums tho. Should probably move the discussion to ACC where people like @Daeir (aka "My system paused because I was editing a poster and that's why you killed me") can bring these nerfs straight to the people that matter.

A little more about that... so many Self-Qualified Achaean Combat Mechanics Experts who are in a perpetual state of class-switching no-system no-arties no-limitations-on-e-peen-flaunting-via-"discussing"-nerfing-of-every-fucking-thing.
    The last time many of these experts actually did anything was maybe back in 2007? Welcome to the forums! I'm da besssst. Word up.
    Hey come on, I did pretty much say that regardless of the poster thing, you had me well and truly dead regardless. I was legitimately commenting on your superb lolgank, not being snide!

Why you gotta hate? Also: All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 3100 credits in escrow. I can escrow a veil, so. Yeah. That defense doesn't really fly.
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    The really big things (such as nerfing earrings) should only be considered by people qualified to do so (ACC).

Why?

Bluef
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Huge changes have effects on tons of things, making some things more powerful and other things less. People who don't have a solid knowledge of multiple class mechanics and how they currently interact with current effects, and how they will interact with proposed effects, will generally make suggestions that have multiple flaws with how they interact with multiple things.

It's more productive to remove those suggestions and just have a discussion among those with the extensive knowledge and experience, which is what the ACC is for.

As far as 'spreading information' is concerned. There's a thread called Quick Combat Questions for specifically that, and a forum search feature that's actually quite good to find information with once you know how to use it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

CooperBluefNimSherazad
    edited March 2014
    I'm amused that people are posting to protect their right to be the decision makers on things like this. It's a discussion - join it or don't. But don't try to stop others from conversing about a topic that's generated lots of interest. Unless there's a reason why it can't be discussed here, there's no harm done. There's certainly been other idea and discussion threads that have been far less productive on these forums. 
    Shadrac
    Daeir said:

Strata said:
    Cooper said:

Hey come on, I did pretty much say that regardless of the poster thing, you had me well and truly dead regardless. I was legitimately commenting on your superb lolgank, not being snide!

Why you gotta hate? Also: All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 3100 credits in escrow. I can escrow a veil, so. Yeah. That defense doesn't really fly.
    3100? If escrowed credits get you into ACC, I win a free membership, whee!
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    They don't, but that's hardly the topic of the thread.

Which I think has since been lost. Oh well.
12346»
This discussion has been closed.