Comments

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited March 2014
    Nemutaur said:
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:
    Disable forestals grove resurrection crap during these events and it'll be fine. Enjoyed it alot except for that one thing. The last hour was boring: Kill Iakimen, Targleusis portals in kills us all, then he gets resurrected and was back to bashing again in 10 seconds while we all have to embrace, get back to meropis, group up. Repeat several times to same effect, a complete nullification of the PK aspect of the event.
    Might as well just have made the guy a immortal and give him an honors line: "He hunted as a demi-god and defeated Jhui in the Y650 XP Event."
    If you want to delete forestal soul resurrection than you should delete extermination, because we have to fight in forests away from Eleusis and need a place to defend the forest from. Also, you could just have a serpent get the bodies of the dead and throw them in the flame on Meropis, and having to walk back to Meropis is BS. You rez on Orilla or just outside of it when you embrace.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Now go build me a bridge or a dam so I don't have to wade through your tears :P
    Read what I said first plz.
    Never! We still have to defend the forest, get some alchemists! And where is my bridge!
    Only you can pick up our bodies to deny the rezz and even if we grab all of yours you can still soul rezz.
    Maybe your on the wrong side? I don't think I we can truename, astralform, soulspear, blackwind, etc etc etc. Maybe we can call a truce and just share :P

Edit!: Another idea is to drop eye sigils, Mhaldor does it to us all the time and we have to embrace when that happens.

• edited March 2014
    Yeah you're not constructive at all.

You can port the grove around eyes, which is what was happening on Meropis a countless number of times.

• Dunn said:
    Yeah you're not constructive at all.

You can port the grove around eyes, which is what was happening on Meropis a countless number of times.
    Making excuses isn't a strategy, I can think of several ways to combat a grove user porting a grove. I am being very constructive, your just not using your creativity to find a way to combat it. Although me giving you the answers isn't helpful to you either. Just strategize or ask Mhaldor.
  • edited March 2014
    I don't really like the idea of solo bashing events being a city vs city war, but I'm over that.

The reason I didn't like it to the point of it not even logging in, like many other people, is because I wasn't even able to participate (as an actual basher), because every bashing area worth using, as well as most of my in-game buddies, were "claimed" for use by the single guy deemed our candidate for the event.

The ultimatum was extremely clear: Go kill people in defense of Jhui, or stay the F*@$ out.

I like Jhui, and I'm fine with helping him when I can, but I really would have just enjoyed being able to compete in the event.
  • C'est la vie.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    didn't porting groves like, reset grove energy? Or am I thinking of another ability?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Imprint resets energy. Port doesn't.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I liked it. Hopefully they'll do it again when I have better internet to actually hunt.

• Thanks, Jovo. I had it typed out, but I laughed and deleted it instead.

• If you kill every grove-user, and eye the grove, everyone has to embrace... Seriously, we had to embrace quite a few times too. We picked an area where we knew we had an advantage (Meropis has lots of jungle) and we used our strengths. Yes, soul rezz is powerful, but of all the battles, it happened maybe ONCE where I managed to def up and get back in the fight on time. All others, it was already over.

Instant gates were much more powerful and helpful than soul-rezzes in this event. You guys are complaining about the wrong thing!
  • There was always more than one grove that had multiple other grove users allied so they could just self-res elsewhere. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be.

• edited March 2014
    Alrena said:
    If you kill every grove-user

Alrena said:

Alrena said:
    Apply this to the real world where you have tons of non-com grove users in reserve and this is a pretty ridiculous 'counter'.

Not to mention not only grove users can remove eyes from groves.
  • edited March 2014
    Dunn said:
    There was always more than one grove that had multiple other grove users allied so they could just self-res elsewhere. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be.
    Ported groves can't be used by allies!

edit: also, the non-com grove users were on mainland and didn't join the event, so they were not going to make a difference. They -did- supply us with sunlight to keep up. But that's it.
  • Dunn said:
    There was always more than one grove that had multiple other grove users allied so they could just self-res elsewhere. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be.
  • edited March 2014
    Alrena said:Ported groves can't be used by allies!

edit: also, the non-com grove users were on mainland and didn't join the event, so they were not going to make a difference. They -did- supply us with sunlight to keep up. But that's it.
    I personally dgaf about the XP event, I was talking about the ability in general. Having to remove literally every person on the opposite side from a conflict all at once often isn't viable.
  • Kafziel said:
    Alrena said:Ported groves can't be used by allies!

I personally dgaf about the XP event, I was talking about the ability in general. Having to remove literally every person on the opposite side from a conflict all at once often isn't viable.
    It's not like a soul rezz means back in the fight right away... most often, it'll still take a lot of time to def up, regroup and then go back. It's very rare that you can rush back into things, and the very long eq time on rezzes makes it not very safe to do. 

Besides, Mhaldor doesn't bother rezzing, they soulspear their own! I would too if I had it. Trade?
  • Ah I see what you mean. I didn't realise deffing up was specific to grove rezz, I thought you had to after embrace as well.
  • You can always try not fighting with Eleusis, since were so OP with grove rez and everything.
  • My only complaint about the XP Event was how quickly Eleusis/Targossas/Cyrene decided that faction didn't matter for the event and ended up just grouping up together.

I kind of expected it (There hasn't been a major event that Targossas didn't immediately ally with another city for in forever), but it's still annoying to see.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Oh, you.

• You guys are getting way off topic. The important thing here is @Bonko is griefing me by not teaching me how to grief other people. I think it's a very ineffective means of griefing, though, because griefing someone is just once, but teaching someone how to grief others is a lifetime. :(
  • edited March 2014
    Melodie said:
    Dunno why you're painting us as the bad guys.
    It's because other than a select few, Team Ashtan: World Police can do no wrong. Things are only lame if they're done against them; if they do them, it's utilisation of skills/alliances/etc.

ETA: Also, Ashtan always seem to get their collective knickers in a twist during Staff season. The way they vilified Sothantos for "stealing" the Staff from Tanris last time was a never-ending source of hilarity.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Kei said:

Random thought, why not make the XP Event be a rolling thing for the entire almost-two-weeks of the YXX0 celebrations? That would cover the time zones thing, the endurance (by making it -so- long it's unfeasible), and might interact in interesting ways with the rest of the events and other things going on.

Good idea/bad idea/omg wtf Kei just shut up already?
    @Penwize‌ already won that game.

But in all seriousness.. Reduced sleep for 24hrs x 14days is worse than reduced sleep for 24 hrs only.

• While I was around we never grouped with Mhaldor, they jumped Jhui a few times, and we ganked their group a few times.

Also, please remove grove rezz and give Eleusis soulspears. That would be the biggest mistake in Eleusian history and I would love to see it happen.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited March 2014
    On rezzing: wouldn't have worked because of your factions but if you just ordered a bunch of Alchemists to rez as necessary it could have been an option. They're not locked by location and terrain type like we are. Don't forget the other groups had Priests and Priestesses who can rez if the person is blessed, and again, not locked in by location.
    I couldn't log in to help out because fu work, but from what I've observed, Eleusis was just hella organised to get things done. They planned ahead, had the discussions, and even with things not covered early, just worked it out on the fly because it's a timeworn system we use over and over again. Communication, teamwork and setting grudges aside for 24h. That's all it is.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited March 2014
    Jarrod said:
    Also, please remove grove rezz and give Eleusis soulspears. That would be the biggest mistake in Eleusian history and I would love to see it happen.

Yeah, people complain about soulspear much more than people complain about grove rez. Forums wouldn't be able to handle people complaining about two factions having soulspear, and we'd have Eleusis to thank for forums crashing.

i'm a rebel