XP Event, did you enjoy/like it?

Comments

• I kept getting attacked hunting too even though I didn't join and I was hunting in the same place I've been hunting since level 25. :(

• Bonko said:
    A group of reasonable people in Achaea…?

Could I have their names, please? I need to rectify this gross injustice immediately.

Thank you.

You devil, you. Going into Mhaldor houses in the subdivision. <3
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I didn't take part in any of the battles, really, between all cities, but it appeared to be really enjoyable for those who take this opportunity to test out new strategies and skills.

While I've been plenty disgruntled at the advantages of several groups, especially in these sort of world events, in the end, it did serve to create interesting opportunistic situations between each org.

Also, I originally intended not to participate because I had work and violin during the first half of the xp event. However. I caved in and joined anyway. I'm actually quite surprised I managed to catch up to 10th. Goes to show what goal setting can do to you.

I'm kind of regretting staying up overnight to bash though, because I have work in 6 hours and I've not slept yet!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Just came back from dormancy. Didn't join the event, got jumped anyway due to the event.

Joined the event after being told there was no player death xp loss, got jumped without even trying to bash.

Not that much fun.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I joined the event, not for myself, but to help protect Iakimen while he hunted. Spent 6 hours pking yesterday, and 6-7 hours today.

I have never pk'd so much in my life. And my head hurts. But I had a really good time.

We died a bunch, we killed a bunch, it was a crazy fierce battle. Maybe it was just the Eleusis group, but there was a certain supportive vibe going on, some wincing here and there, mostly clear directions and generally just... really learning a new profession like I doubt I'd have a chance to otherwise without much more time.

It was a blast. While I -did- enjoy it, I do think the 24 hours might be a bit much, but I'm not sure how to balance it out. I felt terrible for Iakimen though, who wanted to be fighting instead of bashing AND had to stay up 24 hours. Poor guy.

So all in all, I think some tweaks could be made, but overall I had a really good time. :)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Hated first 23 hours, I must be a masochist or something. Last hour was really fun though. 

i'm a rebel

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had fun with Rangor and Bouff ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I joined to help Iakimen, which meant lots of sailing, pebble use, and groves. It was fun. Even though I stayed up all night.
  • Damn you real life financial responsibilities, getting in the way of logging in at all.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    Damn you real life financial academic responsibilities, getting in the way of logging in for any significant amount of time.
    Fixed to apply to me :/
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    I had a great time helping team Iakimen. Didn't intend to stay up so long, as I had kids to tend the following morning. But it was real fun, and the reduced sleep was worth it :)

• That is a really amazing idea, and it sounds really fun. I especially like the not having to stay up for 24 hours thing, people are still going to be playing for a lot of the 24 hours, but sleeping doesn't mean you are sacrificing a chance at winning with this setup. 

i'm a rebel

• edited March 2014
    I don't think it needs a change. The 24 hour thing makes it fair for all time zones. 

Sleep isn't even remotely required for a 24 hour event. That's literally only 8 more hours than you stay awake on a normal basis.  I've stayed up for 34 hours straight before just because I felt like it, no other reason. I've stayed up 44 hours for great hunts. Seriously, what's the big deal? You're not even risking bodily harm at 24 hours(tbh you're not risking bodily harm until the 50-60 hour mark).

• 5 minutes of hunting and ganksquad the size of Meropis.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2014
    I hate the long endurance requirements of Great Hunts and XP events that essentially force people to stay online for RL days at a time. Have I done it before? Yep. Was it fun at the time? Sort of. But the last few hours is just a haze of killing things and not any real enjoyment, tbh. 

Each time I participate in one of these I realize not only how incredibly detrimental it is to me OOCly, but to interactions overall in the game itself. Frankly stated, people get insanely bitchy. And that's IF there are any interactions beyond kill, killl, hey you took my kill, kill kill, bitch/moan/rant on an OOC channel, kill kill...

Arguments (and sometime much more) break out over stupid stuff because people are so sleep deprived. In the end, it's not an assessment of who can hunt the most, it's just about who can stay up the longest and not lose their shit. 

Edit: Also claims that a 24 hour event doesn't risk OOC harm to players aren't really valid unless you are assuming every single person had a full rest before the event started and/or has absolutely no physical, developmental, or psychological issues that may make such endurance events an issue. And it doesn't respond to the irresponsibility of such events, when you consider that people have to log off and try to live productive lives when these events conclude. 

If the problem is that it needs to hit everyone's time zone, then simply run one 8-hour segment on three different days during one week. Or make these bursts of hunting/PK chaos random, so that no one knows when they're coming and whoever is on for them is simply lucky enough to have been able to be around for them (works for bazaars). 
  • To be quite honest, that sounds like an idea for an awesome new event, not a change to a current event.
    Sarapis said:
    Yeah, not sure if it's a change we'd make or not.

Anyway, don't know if you guys realize, but this had to have been the closest xp event ever. About 5 minutes of hunting separated Iakimen and Jhui at the end. 

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Disable forestals grove resurrection crap during these events and it'll be fine. Enjoyed it alot except for that one thing. The last hour was boring: Kill Iakimen, Targleusis portals in kills us all, then he gets resurrected and was back to bashing again in 10 seconds while we all have to embrace, get back to meropis, group up. Repeat several times to same effect, a complete nullification of the PK aspect of the event.
    Might as well just have made the guy a immortal and give him an honors line: "He hunted as a demi-god and defeated Jhui in the Y650 XP Event."
    Daeir said:
    Factional advantage, yo. Use that double-aeon kalmia more.
    The point I was trying to make was, in an event like this, where endurance/time/speed matters and textp loss from PK is disabled, deaths mean absolutely nothing to the individual. When one faction can instantly come back to life and the other can not, it needs to be looked into.
  • Strata said:
    Disable forestals grove resurrection crap during these events and it'll be fine. Enjoyed it alot except for that one thing. The last hour was boring: Kill Iakimen, Targleusis portals in kills us all, then he gets resurrected and was back to bashing again in 10 seconds while we all have to embrace, get back to meropis, group up. Repeat several times to same effect, a complete nullification of the PK aspect of the event.
    Might as well just have made the guy a immortal and give him an honors line: "He hunted as a demi-god and defeated Jhui in the Y650 XP Event."
    If you want to delete forestal soul resurrection than you should delete extermination, because we have to fight in forests away from Eleusis and need a place to defend the forest from. Also, you could just have a serpent get the bodies of the dead and throw them in the flame on Meropis, and having to walk back to Meropis is BS. You rez on Orilla or just outside of it when you embrace.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Now go build me a bridge or a dam so I don't have to wade through your tears :P
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:
    If you want to delete forestal soul resurrection than you should delete extermination, because we have to fight in forests away from Eleusis and need a place to defend the forest from. Also, you could just have a serpent get the bodies of the dead and throw them in the flame on Meropis, and having to walk back to Meropis is BS. You rez on Orilla or just outside of it when you embrace.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Now go build me a bridge or a dam so I don't have to wade through your tears :P
    Read what I said first plz.
  • One problem with altering an event like this so you only have to bash so and so many of 24 hours is that then it caters to people who are on during off hours (like Australians. Who needs those anyways), both because the roaming gank squads are probably thinned out and because the hunting areas are probably less populated/camped. It sounds like a great idea/solution, but like most of those, it creates its own problems. Which is probably why it just stays the same--because you will probably never really make it 'fair' or please everyone at once.

• Hated the event, utterly. It was the worst thing ever.

I spent the whole entire time being sick and watching things on youtube instead of playing Achaea.

Would still have been the worst thing ever even if I was healthy and participating, because @Bonko and @Tvistor have yet to teach me how to grief people, so I don't think I'd have been able to do more than sit there and be awkward. :(
  • I voted 'no' because my experience of it was logging on JUST in time to see it end. :(
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Random thought, why not make the XP Event be a rolling thing for the entire almost-two-weeks of the YXX0 celebrations? That would cover the time zones thing, the endurance (by making it -so- long it's unfeasible), and might interact in interesting ways with the rest of the events and other things going on.

Good idea/bad idea/omg wtf Kei just shut up already?

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Strata said:
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:

Never! We still have to defend the forest, get some alchemists! And where is my bridge!
  • Achimrst said:
    Strata said:
    Achimrst said:
    Strata said:

Never! We still have to defend the forest, get some alchemists! And where is my bridge!
    Only you can pick up our bodies to deny the rezz and even if we grab all of yours you can still soul rezz.