Furniture/Housing Suggestions

2»

Comments

• I made a thread a long while back with an idea for a fireplace that you can light an actual fire in and there would be ambiance messages and it would function same as the campfires. I'd still be interested in such a thing, whether it's a credit or goldsink. Could also have a mantle there and be able to put things on it like a shelf. 

• Sounds like the ambience globe feature they added. But you can only have one of those, so an extra fireplace option would be cool. Worth 1 room credit, yeah?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • It costs 400cr for a custom exit (two-way) according to the last time I asked.

I'd love a functioning washstand and the option of inlay for furniture instead of encrusted.
  • And make them fight other perople's fish?
  • Still waiting on my TV. 

• Still waiting on my TV. 

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to say that the fireplace is awesome and I absolutely adore it. I love all the ambient messages for even when it's not lit, and for small things like adding wood to an already roaring fire. Whoever designed this did a great job, so thumbs up from me.

Now to patiently wait for all the 101 other items... :D  I hope further improvements will be considered/aren't far off! (please let next one be bathtubs)

Also while I can still edit and still think of it, I'd like to seriously suggest that the furniture non-decay be reduced in cost (4 room credits in city subdivisions sounds reasonable). At the moment 8 room credits for in city subs is just completely unreasonable unless you have 8 pieces of furniture in the same room, which I honestly highly doubt generally happens. It seems like it would save much more time in dealing with customisation requests if such an upgrade were more popular - at 200cr for in city that's still 4 pieces of furniture worth of non-decay customisation, which is a fair bit.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    A small bump to this thread!

Conversation over in the ranting menace reminded me how much of these suggestions really should be looked at, given a bit of time (I know House meetings and classleads are super busy right this second).

I also think there's just so much room for expansion on housing that would allow greater customisation and less huge costs per thing. I think housing really is something -every- person in Achaea could really get into, but because of how some of the pricing goes, so much of it is woefully underused. I think the earlier suggestion of having the out-of-subs upgrades (but not the building costs) remaining the same rather than doubling would be a great start, but I think overall several other things (Jurixe mentions the furniture stasis, and I can think of several other things that have already been mentioned in this thread) could use a second look in terms of cost.

The great thing about lowering the cost is that it opens it up for more people, and more people will be spending the money to obtain them, so really in the end, the playerbase and the admin both win - we get the ability to have an easier way of digging into housing, you most likely end up with quite a bit more money spent in your pocket. It's something people just are willing to shell out for, and encouraging that is a good thing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited April 2014
    Also just wanted to add my voice to an add-on that can help maintain the house. In the form of a servant would be completely awesome and could tie in with other duties etc that can by bought as expansions. Like a butler that can take add-ons like sigil duty, RP actions like cleaning, bringing tea and biscuits, taking coats etc. Start with a base servant and then buy additional add-ons and options for him/her.

(A french maid outfit would rake in tonnes of cash)

Yeah I won't lie, having a butler and a maid would be a huge, huge, huge huge huge money rake-in, assuming they didn't cost 1k credits each or something silly.

Pretty please with sugar on top for that one.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You can get people for ships that cook for you. Just give it time and maybe someone will decide to do it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Maybe a magical portal that lets you play a text based game. Mudception.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Kyrra said:
    You can get people for ships that cook for you. Just give it time and maybe someone will decide to do it.
    I already have one of those, her name's @Melodie. You're saying I might be able to train her to replace sigils and clean, as well?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Aerek said:
    Kyrra said:
    I already have one of those, her name's @Melodie. You're saying I might be able to train her to replace sigils and clean, as well?
    Good luck with that ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Aerek said:
    Kyrra said:
    @Aerek:

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    While I think about it, something else that I wanted to suggest was an upgrade in the form of non-decay for sigils. To prevent it from being overused, it could be confined to the first entrance room only, where sigils would be the most important - but really I know people who would have no problem buying it in every room just for the sheer sake of convenience (depending on cost), which might also hugely increase credit revenue.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs