XP Event, did you enjoy/like it?

edited March 2014 in North of Thera

Comments

• I only voted no because you didn't provide an ambivalent option, dick.

• I dropped 300k gold. F- this event.
  • I can't hunt, so no.
  • Cooper said:
    I don't like any event that lasts a period of time than is longer than anyone should ever be awake for. It's not healthy and really only shows you who can give up their social/family life and health to win on a game. I've completed in many of those events in the past but now it just feels stupid to me.
    Some people can't do it on the "Peak hours" though, maybe they should have rest periods or something so I can do some damn hunting!!!
  • Could easily have it to where you do 'activate xpevent' and for the next 4-6 hours you're in the event, and give everyone a 24-48 hour window to complete it (I've suggested this a few times in the past too).

• Honestly, I'm a college student,
    Jovolo said:
    The long hours do make sense in a way, because of the wide variety in timezones of Achaean players. The no sleep for two days routine that some people get into for these events iis just an unfortunate consequence of the attempt to cater for this variety. I don't really know how you would balance it considering that. 

Perhaps a personal limit on how long you can gain xp in the event for (from the point that you begin earning xp, or an ACTIVATE EVENT type command) of around 6 hours, followed by a few hours cooldown to discourage seriously unhealthy habit formation would be a good bet but meh, seems messy. 

However saying that, this is the Y650 games so I can't help but feel like a full 48 hours of hunting is not that unwarranted. Though, again, the Staff of Nicator does not change hands for 50 in-game years, so can giving up your life for 48 hours justify such a reward?

It would make sense to impose a limitation on regular xp events and greathunts.
    I'm just lucky because of a busy College and Work schedule, I naturally have an up 24 to 48 hour sleep cycle. Though I wasn't planning on participating last night cause of work, but got there and found out there had been a schedule change.
  • What kind of sissy can't handle a 24 hour event, seriously?

• This shit was great.

Even ganked some people with @Santar‌.

Fun stuff.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • *and Antidas, after you heard me say on an ooc clan that I'd be afk for a minute.

• Cooper said:
    Could easily have it to where you do 'activate xpevent' and for the next 4-6 hours you're in the event, and give everyone a 24-48 hour window to complete it (I've suggested this a few times in the past too).
    Actually could have it like that and be x hours total over the entire Quinquagenary year. Just have it run for an hour after each 'activate xpevent' (so you can't deactivate it yourself), that way everyone can participate on the hours they are here and it doesn't turn so much into a coffeine race, but a 'who can get the most xp during a year'

• Cooper said:

*and Antidas, after you heard me say on an ooc clan that I'd be afk for a minute.

Well why would you announce you're going to be afk...as a mark...city enemy...no allies...on clouds.

I mean yeah I saw your statement but come on I could have attacked you for any reason but it's cool lol. I had a good time with it, sorry if you didnt.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It was supposed to give antidas a shot at killing me :) also I haven't been a mark for prob 50-100 years

• Loving this.
    Like training to be a mark, except not really.
    I enjoy the melee, and seeing how everyone debates and talks and works out problems.
    Sure it's supposed to be a hunter thing, but I hate hunting, it's boring.
    BRING IT ON.
  • Cooper said:

It was supposed to give antidas a shot at killing me :) also I haven't been a mark for prob 50-100 years

My mistake then.

I assumed by your saying that, that you expected and embraced being attacked. It's all good if you want to duel it out or whatever I'm down.

I'm not about ruining the atmosphere of the game for other people.

• Naah said:
    Loving this.
    Like training to be a mark, except not really.
    I enjoy the melee, and seeing how everyone debates and talks and works out problems.
    Sure it's supposed to be a hunter thing, but I hate hunting, it's boring.
    BRING IT ON.
    It's actually exactly what it's supposed to be - a combination of mass PK, hunting, and endurance. 
  • Actually, now that I am participating. I kind of like it.
  • Achimrst said:
    Actually, now that I am participating. I kind of like it.
    Embrace the madness, foresty one! Life can't be all trees hookers and sunshine. 

• I'm kind of surprised Bouff is being allowed by Targ to support Iakimen instead of Tesha. Seems like they should smite for that!
  • Mixed feelings on the 24h, but I've had a lot of fun still. Most of my "No" vote goes towards how much I hate Meropis and travelling to and from it. Wish I had gotten a pebble way back.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • More importantly, Colin O'Donaghue is a startlingly attractive man.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    I was present on Meropis in my afternoon. Harvesting/patrolling is easy when everything is dead. Got attacked by a group of three (including a fellow order member) although I never joined the event. I was pleasantly surprised they stopped when I told them so. Decided after dinner I had better things to do and did not return to Achaea.