Mudlet breaking during GOTOP command or clicking on map

This started happening again? 

Someone fix?

Comments

• Big error box that leads to mudlet crashing.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    think it'd help if you added a screenshot or a paste of what the error box says
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• well, I was in a hurry to log back in! :P
  • edited March 2014
    Pretty sure I'm having the same issue, can't figure out how to put an ss in so I'll just list it.  Seems pretty cut and dry...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information

This is also any time I try to use GOTO or map click as well
    Edit: Ok, seems like not everytime because it just worked so...yeah
  • edited March 2014
    @Bishan @Rangor Hi. I've had this issue for ages. Post to Mudlet forums with as much relevant information as you can. It's not every time for me. I semi-isolated it and found out every time I play League of Legends (You have that game installed, don't you, everyone I notice having this issue does. It installs the 2005 version of the c++ visual library stuff on Windows) this happens next time I use goto/showpath. However it HAS happened before when I hadn't played, and even (without the C++ message) has crashed on goto/showpath on other operating systems. I am not 100% sure of the cause, but if you post relevant information on Mudlet forums SOMEONE may be able to fix it. Until then, don't suffer in silence!
    **this has caused me numerous problems such as crashing mid fight or mid raid. If you ignore the error box you can continue to WATCH (but not interact with) mudlet in the background. So I always wait to watch myself die and stuff beforehand, dunno why, it's peaceful to me, slipping away into death.
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • Downloading and reinstalling everything related to the mapper and mapping scripts seemed to do the trick for me. (for now)
  • Just after I updated my mapper last night, @Qwindor popped on to say someone had broken something when they updated (not sure how) and people needed to re-update. That fixed the issue for me
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I had it crash once yesterday, with a runtime error. Had not seen one of those before and did not write down the details. Will do if it happens again.
  • Xli said:
    Just after I updated my mapper last night, @Qwindor popped on to say someone had broken something when they updated (not sure how) and people needed to re-update. That fixed the issue for me
    Yeah I've never seen this until the latest update, I'll try the reinstall and see if that works.  I found that if I started autowalking without the map up first, then everything was fine and would stay fine.  But if I opened the map first, then it would crash.  We'll see how it goes

Cesarina said:
    @Bishan @Rangor Hi. I've had this issue for ages. Post to Mudlet forums with as much relevant information as you can. It's not every time for me. I semi-isolated it and found out every time I play League of Legends (You have that game installed, don't you, everyone I notice having this issue does. It installs the 2005 version of the c++ visual library stuff on Windows) this happens next time I use goto/showpath. However it HAS happened before when I hadn't played, and even (without the C++ message) has crashed on goto/showpath on other operating systems. I am not 100% sure of the cause, but if you post relevant information on Mudlet forums SOMEONE may be able to fix it. Until then, don't suffer in silence!
    **this has caused me numerous problems such as crashing mid fight or mid raid. If you ignore the error box you can continue to WATCH (but not interact with) mudlet in the background. So I always wait to watch myself die and stuff beforehand, dunno why, it's peaceful to me, slipping away into death.
    No LoL here...lol.  I run DOTA2  L-)
  • Someone else on another forum thread posted that you had to go into your Mudlet profile and make sure some things were deleted too. I deleted everything Mudlet mapper script related last night and re-installed the whole gambit. It still isn't working for me though. I too had heard that @Qwindor was fixing something related to the last mapper update, but I'm not sure if it's done yet. Anyone else still having issues?
  • Gotta delete the scripts and the map itself
  • I deleted all data after it crashed. Seems to be working now that I've re-installed and updated. 
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited March 2014
    Riley said:
    Gotta delete the scripts and the map itself

I deleted everything. Re-installed. QQ. Save. GOTO AALEN 3. Runtime error. Crash. Re-load. GOTOP Kaie. Crash again, boom, bleh!

Edit: I couldn't participate in the Foozle last night. Waaaah. I love Foozle!

:((
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I had the same issue yesterday. Deleting and reinstalling the mapper didn't help. So instead I went into Windows Update and had it check for updates. It said it needed to install the runtime library that was making the runtime error happen as if it were missing, so it re-installed, then had me restart my computer. When it booted back up my mapper has been fine ever since, no more crashing.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Yes someone updated the crowdmap that was not me and instructions were not followed and a very old version of the map was uploaded that causes an error with the current version. I fixed it and reverted to the previous update. Try force updating and make sure it all installs correctly then try walking. If that does not work close out of mudlet and go to the .config folder and in your profile delete the map folder and the map downloads folder.

• edited March 2014
    Trevize said:
    People nowdays. We used to play Foozles without autowalking, without maps, without the MAP command, in the snow, uphill, both ways, during a blizzard, while dying of thirst.
    Hey man, I'm pretty old too you know...I remember when there was no map...or at least I didn't know there was one
    :(

Lunar Cleric Trevize Amaris (male Xoran).
    He is 329 years old, having been born on the 23rd of Miraman, 320 years after the fall of the
    Seleucarian Empire.

Nevermind, you win
  • Can someone teamviewer me and help me figure it out?
    *Animated Signature*

• Ainia said:
    Trevize said:
    People nowdays. We used to play Foozles without autowalking, without maps, without the MAP command, in the snow, uphill, both ways, during a blizzard, while dying of thirst.
    I'm so dependant on all the hella easy movement now though :( If I ever log in from work (NOT THAT I DO OR ANYTHING, SHEESH) and am on the HTML5 client without all my maps/walking/etc I end up sitting on my ship the whole time thanks to forgetting how to get around due to maps (and all my transportation toys) :(
    Or she makes me drag her where she needs to go
  • edited March 2014
    Ainia said:
    Trevize said:
    I'm so dependant on all the hella easy movement now though :( If I ever log in from work (NOT THAT I DO OR ANYTHING, SHEESH) and am on the HTML5 client without all my maps/walking/etc I end up sitting on my ship the whole time thanks to forgetting how to get around due to maps (and all my transportation toys) :(
    I hear you. When I got a client that I could keybind the numpad to movement directions (I played for several years prior to this) I thought it was the best thing EVER. I do still navigate by hand (keybindings) unless I'm feeling particularly lazy, I just love the feel of walking around the world.

(yes, I still wander through new areas/ones I haven't been to in a while and LOOK around to get the feel of the area)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • room find altar
    You know the following relevant rooms:
      Before a small, bloody altar (41154) in nil. > Show path
      Altar of Valnurana (5521) in nil. > Show path
      Altar of the Ocean (40384) in nil. > Show path
      Altar of the Forest (40354) in nil. > Show path
      Altar of the Mountain (40388) in nil. > Show path
      Flowstone altar (8269) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      A Desecrated Altar (5894) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      Altar room to the Moon (1380) in nil. > Show path
      Altar of the Desert (40393) in nil. > Show path
      At a pearl-encrusted altar (4263) in nil. > Show path
      An ancient altar (10200) in nil. > Show path
      Before a small, bloody altar (16819) in nil. > Show path
      The Altar of Peace in Hashan (7654) in nil. > Show path
      Stone altar (5977) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      The Altar of Glanos (13542) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      A limestone altar (16589) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      Altar to Ourania (5522) in nil. > Show path
      The Dyissan altar (22015) in nil. > Show path
      Approaching an altar (19396) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      Altar of the Tundra (40404) in nil. > Show path
      Forgotten altar (10900) in nil (Meropis). > Show path
      An ancient altar (5326) in nil. > Show path
      Altar behind the waterfall (3221) in nil. > Show path
      Before a small, bloody altar (11000) in nil. > Show path
      Near a low altar (9041) in nil. > Show path
      The Altar of Golgotha (13532) in nil (Meropis). > Show path

I've downloaded the latest map. The mapper script is also updated. Any idea why these would all show me as a) being in nil and b) as being on Meropis instead of Sapience? 
    :((
  • QQing and coming back  in fixed *some* of these, but it is still showing some rooms as being in Meropis:

The Gardens of Darkness (4012) in Qwindor's Ship (Meropis). > Show path
      Sludgy path into the darkness (22847) in Nishnatoba (Icons) (Meropis). > Show path
      Near-complete darkness (25582) in Phereklos. > Show path
      Before the Obelisk of Darkness (9927) in Mhojave Desert (Northeast). > Show path
      Into the darkness of the earth (22810) in Nishnatoba (Icons) (Meropis). > Show path
      A vault of darkness (25035) in Xhaiden Dale. > Show path
      The Gardens of Darkness (4003) in Qwindor's Ship (Meropis). > Show path
      The Gardens of Darkness (4011) in Qwindor's Ship (Meropis). > Show path
      Statue of Twilight, God of Darkness (7316) in Cyrene (Pantheon). > Show path
      A staircase leading into darkness (29372) in Tenwat Prison (Meropis). > Show path
      Within the darkness (36808) in Gulf of Nilakantha (Meropis). > Show path
      Primordial Darkness (4043) in Qwindor's Ship (Meropis). > Show path
      A long passage shrouded in darkness (29501) in Tenwat Prison (Meropis). > Show path

Bad map update? @Qwindor?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Qwindor tends to move destroyed rooms to either his ship subsection or Nil
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Aye, I'm more worried about rooms in Thera showing up as if they are on Meropis.  :-O
  • edited March 2014
    I think that would mean the area they're in hasn't been set to the Prime continent explicitly.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    edited March 2014
    As @Vadimuses said some of them haven't been sent to prime continent. I will have to take care of that and some of the old nil rooms were because of a mudlet error from a an earlier version of mudlet that has since been fixed as it wasn't completely deleting rooms like it was supposed to when you highlighted and tried to delete them with the map window. I will try to get rid of those rooms so that it hopefully helps with the speed of the pathing as well.

Edit: Also from it stating that it's on meropis is for the wings portion of the script so it does not attempt to use wings in areas that they will not work in. We just have it set to prime and meropis to make it easier to discern from the two areas that will allow wings and such. Sorry for the confusion

• Does this help?

I seem to break it during lag, or when I earring/portal to people then directly hit gotop after farseeing.

• That is different from pathfinding - and you can stop that by turning off the MCCP compression option in special settings.
  • Vadimuses said:
    That is different from pathfinding - and you can stop that by turning off the MCCP compression option in special settings.
    What will that have an impact on?

Btw, my gotop is still breaking like crazy with the error box and mudlet shutting down. I did delete all mapper related items and redownload. I'll try that again.

Works good for a while, then I do a lot of earringing about, gating to new locations, sensing the new target and I smash in gotop target. Most of the time it works, but then suddenly it doesn't.