LGBTQ Clan

2»

Comments

• Pretty sure the norm in non-norm there stands for normative, not normal, haha.
  • Eld said:
    Nakari said:
    according to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QUILTBAG (I could remember all but the u, so pretty close)

Queer/questioning
    undecided
    intersex
    lesbian
    transgender/transexual/two-spirit
    bisexual
    asexual/ally
    gay

I like the acronym, myself. It's pretty easy to remember, and is pretty inclusive
    Honestly, I think it's reached the point where trying to extend your acronym to enumerate all the things you're inclusive of (and sometimes adding letters to make it pronounceable and deciding after the fact what they should stand for) has gotten pretty silly, and the purpose would be better served by just settling on a word. For example, my impression is that what people generally mean in referring to "the queer community" is essentially the same thing, and is to my mind preferable to the QUILTBAG business; there may well be differences in meaning there that I'm unaware of, and I'm sure there'd be some distaste for the particular word, so maybe not 'queer' specifically, but something more along those lines. I also find it a bit odd to lump together the (seemingly, to me) separate issues of gender identity and sexual preference. But I'm not really a member of said community, however you define it, so my vote doesn't really count. 
    Guuuuuuuurl you said it.

P.S: I am gay and I approve this message.
  • Asmodron said:
    Eld said:
    Nakari said:
    according to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QUILTBAG (I could remember all but the u, so pretty close)

Queer/questioning
    undecided
    intersex
    lesbian
    bisexual
    asexual/ally
    gay

I like the acronym, myself. It's pretty easy to remember, and is pretty inclusive
    Honestly, I think it's reached the point where trying to extend your acronym to enumerate all the things you're inclusive of (and sometimes adding letters to make it pronounceable and deciding after the fact what they should stand for) has gotten pretty silly, and the purpose would be better served by just settling on a word. For example, my impression is that what people generally mean in referring to "the queer community" is essentially the same thing, and is to my mind preferable to the QUILTBAG business; there may well be differences in meaning there that I'm unaware of, and I'm sure there'd be some distaste for the particular word, so maybe not 'queer' specifically, but something more along those lines. I also find it a bit odd to lump together the (seemingly, to me) separate issues of gender identity and sexual preference. But I'm not really a member of said community, however you define it, so my vote doesn't really count. 
    Guuuuuuuurl you said it.

You don't have hot enough abs on your profile pic to be gay, I am hereby revoking your gay membership. Srsly though, I have always liked LGBT, short sweet and to the point.
  • Achimrst said:
    Asmodron said:
    Eld said:
    Nakari said:

Queer/questioning
    undecided
    intersex
    lesbian
    bisexual
    asexual/ally
    gay

Guuuuuuuurl you said it.

You don't have hot enough abs on your profile pic to be gay, I am hereby revoking your gay membership. Srsly though, I have always liked LGBT, short sweet and to the point.

:(( :((  I try, but this damn Mud keeps my ass seated!
  • YverdaerYverdaer North Carolina, USA
    Hey guys! I'm happy to see all the great comments that this post has gotten! Thank you everyone!

I also noticed that someone posted about a joint effort for an LGBTQ(insert rest of letters here) clan? I think that would be an awesome idea :]
  • I'll have to agree with bonko here. Can the straight people get a straight clan too?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    I'll start a clan and call it Breeders.

Because let's face it; the gays wouldn't even exist if the straights didn't keep having gay babies.
  • YverdaerYverdaer North Carolina, USA
    I mean, if you want a straight clan, sure. Have fun
  • Agrias said:
    I'll start a clan and call it Breeders. Because let's face it; the gays wouldn't even exist if the straights didn't keep having gay babies.
    I actually call str8 people I don't like Breeders :P
  • Do humans even have a racial clan? :-/

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • edited March 2014
    Just join a normal clan and be gay (or whatever pseudonym you 'are' that fits into an acronym). If people don't like it, PK the shit out of them, or form a l33t gank squad like Rho.

Edit: As long as you're not being vegan.
  • I just enjoy watching how attempted equality and comradery slowly assists in the segregation of culture and race types.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • In summary, CLANHELP PRIDE. Thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.