How fast do you type?

Got linked to a typing test earlier, so decided to do one for the first time in ages. I figured this would be a good thing to share/compare here since typing is something all of us that play Achaea do a lot of.

Here's the test:

And, here's my first try:

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I'm slow. Hard to type a random sequence of words, kept trying to type words that would have made sense.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

On an unfamiliar computer at school with a keyboard that resists my keystrokes and kids distracting me, but not too bad I suppose!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    edited March 2014
    First try and made some stupid errors.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I'll have to redeem myself on a PC later, I hit a rough patch where I typoed like 9 words wrong haha.  This Macbook feels so awkward.  

Words per minute (WPM)73
    Keystrokes440
    (367 | 73)
    Correct words73
    Wrong words13
    You are better than 90.12% of all users (position 13621 of 137896 - last 24 hours)
  • EldEld
    edited March 2014
    No excuse.

• edited March 2014
    i can't get it to work 

I have no idea how to upload the image you guys are, as I can't copy the image url, but I got 115wpm 0 mistakes. Nowhere near Santar but its ok:(
  • Jovolo said:
    i can't get it to work 

Try just right clicking on the first image, copy image url, and post it as an image here.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited March 2014
    EDIT: tried again. Below are the new results.
    And again. This is weirdly more fun than most free word games.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • XerXer Langley
    edited March 2014
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I did another one just to show off:

Errors are for sissies.

• ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Santar said:
    I did another one just to show off:

Errors are for sissies.
    @Santar

Get position 1!  So close!
  • Maybe if I were younger. My hands are getting too old and worn out. Too much Achaea playing. 

My fastest clocked typing speed was around 180 WPM. I did that 2-3 times in one day. Never been able to replicate. The stars aligned that day to make my fingers as fast as they ever could be.

• edited March 2014
    http://imgur.com/8i1lnIi

140 wpm, rawr.

Meh. Best I can seem to do with no errors. I snagged at 152 with 1 error, and a 156 with 3 errors, but those aren't -real- results. 

Might try again and see if I can get #1. Top ranked person is 182 WPM right now. I can realistically beat that but I have to get kinda lucky.

• Bottom of the barrel.
    I have to memorize 6 or 7 words ahead and keep an eye on the keyboard, then look up and memorize more when I know I know how to type a word.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp

Not as fast as I used to be on qwerty. Been on dvorak for about 3 years now.
  • edited March 2014
    Strata said:
    -snip-

I've considered switching to dvorak several times to attempt to increase speed, but am afraid it'll take too long to adjust. 

Much word.  Many stroke.  Wow.
    Santar said:
    Strata said:
    -snip-

I've considered switching to dvorak several times to attempt to increase speed, but am afraid it'll take too long to adjust. 
    It actually didn't take as long as you might think. For me I went from qwerty to dvorak kind of cold turkey... where I forced myself to use only dvorak instead of trying to slowly work my way toward it. Total time to go from ~120wpm qwerty speed to the same speed on dvorak was about 3 months. Then after 3 years of only dvorak, i can't type on qwerty for shit. Have completely gone retard on qwerty now. maybe 20wpm.

The speed isn't really a difference. Sure you can type common english words a little faster but I made the switch to help prevent RSI. dvorak is hella more comfortable on the hands/wrists than qwerty. I used to have to take breaks every hour or so on qwerty. Now I take 0 breaks.
  • edited March 2014
    First try:

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

[spoiler]Just kidding. image[/spoiler]
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Jonathin said:

[spoiler]Just kidding. image[/spoiler]
    Was about to say.... Mosr so fast he looped back around and ended up at 20wpm!!!

• Typing Test

Visit the Typing Test and try!

I'm a slow typer: one of those old archaic people who still take all my notes by hand and such. 

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."

I keep looking to the -next- word and starting to type that one...I'm also completely self taught in how to touch-type. @Cooper ended up helping with that one ten-plus years ago :P
    (Also for kicks I got ~24 WPM on my phone.)

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Couldn't figure out how to get the direct link, but:

first try. Look like I got some work to do to catch up to a couple of you :P