Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• Elaborate on this guaranteed kill or you're talking bs.
  • Jacen said:
    that's not mending D:
  • Lilian said:
    Jacen said:
    that's not mending D:
    Or, if it is, you're wasting way too many sips.
  • Cooper said:
    *applications
    4152h, 3788m, 20237e, 17449w cexkdb-p mending
    The black-walnut vial seems to be extremely heavy, with an extremely thick wall.
    It has 9 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Rurin, the Crafter (a denizen).
    A salve of mending sloshes about in it.
    There are 149 sips remaining.

I checked before posting. D:

• Nim said:
    Cooper said:
    *applications
    4152h, 3788m, 20237e, 17449w cexkdb-p mending
    The black-walnut vial seems to be extremely heavy, with an extremely thick wall.
    It has 9 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Rurin, the Crafter (a denizen).
    A salve of mending sloshes about in it.
    There are 149 sips remaining.

I checked before posting. D:

Win.
  • It's still applications.

• Parting should be eliminated and replaced with something else. Araeus has never used parting in his entire life. Once you get waterwalking shoes, it is totally useless.
  • Araeus said:
    Parting should be eliminated and replaced with something else. Araeus has never used parting in his entire life. Once you get waterwalking shoes, it is totally useless.
    Planting totems and raising shrines in water rooms
  • Riley said:
    Araeus said:
    Parting should be eliminated and replaced with something else. Araeus has never used parting in his entire life. Once you get waterwalking shoes, it is totally useless.
    Although I would never do this, DOWN WITH TOTEMS!

• Riley said:
    Araeus said:
    Removing flooded rooms in combat so you can beckon people in.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I would kill to have someone in Ashtan that can part water. Everyone with a sceptre is either too busy or doesn't want to watch me totem :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• So inappropriate. D:
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Penwize said:
    Kyrra said:
    I would kill to have someone in Ashtan that can part water. Everyone with a sceptre is either too busy or doesn't want to watch me totem :(
    Join Eleusis, I will part for you and watch you work that totem all day. :x
    You temptress, you. Joining Eleusis seems to be the bandwagon thing to do these days... hrm.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SUGGEST ACTION. I have this really neat innovative idea where we like, let serpents suggest people to give/put/drop items. We could like use that to umm, steal stuff or something. It'd be a really neat change.
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • Pre-programmed theft isn't a bad concept, it's just way too pointless in its current iteration.  Personally I don't understand what was wrong with it in the first place, when used legally, but that's in the past.  I am strongly in favor of returning theft to the game by re-doing it in a way that makes it possible to actually pull off.
  • Penwize said:

Kyrra said:

You sound like a female prostitute.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Kyrra said:
    I would like to change the skill of in-game prostitution, we need an ability which does obscene sex acts taught by the filthy prostitute who kills people randomly.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Achimrst said:
    Xith said:
    Kyrra said:
    I would like to change the skill of in-game prostitution, we need an ability which does obscene sex acts taught by the filthy prostitute who kills people randomly.
    Could learn a lot from that chick in Delos who is handy with a whip.

• I'd love to see inscribing changed. It's retarded slow and time consuming. 5 minutes and all my mana later, I've got 22 cards.Yay!

Seriously though, i think it would be a little better if the quill of inscribing let you inscribe a stack of 20 cards at a time, and the nib thing stayed about the same by allowing you the chance to inscribe 25 rather than 20. It's just wickedly time consuming currently, and unlike the other time consuming things where you can't move (wormhole splicing, totem implanting) you need them to pk. Can't just whip out my quill and inscribe mid-fight like you can prop a totem.

Especially with aeon tarot, any pker worth his weight is going to use speed defence and be on the lookout for it, so aeon requires 2 flings to actually afflict meaning 100 cards only gives you 50 uses if you land each one the second time.
  • Ah, Thanks everyone for the comments I did not realize parting could be used for all that.. I stand corrected.
  • edited March 2014
    @Kaie there's an artie for that. (I have one)
  • @Shecks There's an artefact that lets you inscribe stacks of tarot cards? I thought there was just the quill, which makes it slightly faster or something.
  • Dorn said:
    @Shecks There's an artefact that lets you inscribe stacks of tarot cards? I thought there was just the quill, which makes it slightly faster or something.
    Quill makes it faster, and there's the golden nib from the shop of wonders that gives a chance to inscribe an extra of the same card, both of which Kaie mentioned (at least I think that's what he was talking about, can't always tell).
  • Oh.  I never had an issue with it, when I was occie... and I was way more involved in PVP.  Just set up a script for it and go to town, while enjoying some Archer.
  • Daeir said:

HELP AUTOMATION:

What is not allowed?
    --------------------
    Auto ratting, auto fishing, auto questing, auto hunting, (and auto pretty much
    everything else). This is any activity:
      1) that you automate via triggers, and
      2) that you use to gain gold or experience.

Hence, Tarot is shit. Nobody is going to manually inscribe a thousand cards by themselves. Thankfully the Garden does not enforce that rule as it stands currently.

You can automate tarot? Ah shit...
  • Technically not, but they're ok with it as long as your hands remain on the keyboard and your attention on the game, or something like that. You don't have to type every command up manually, but you still have to be there to oversee it.
  • Nim said:
    Technically not, but they're ok with it as long as your hands remain on the keyboard and your attention on the game, or something like that. You don't have to type every command up manually, but you still have to be there to oversee it.
    my understanding for the mundane repetitive stuff was that as long as it does not do everything for you and you are required some input then it is ok
  • Riley said:

Nim said:

Technically not, but they're ok with it as long as your hands remain on the keyboard and your attention on the game, or something like that. You don't have to type every command up manually, but you still have to be there to oversee it.

my understanding for the mundane repetitive stuff was that as long as it does not do everything for you and you are required some input then it is ok

The hands thing is likely because what you said could be interpreted as being met by starting TarotInscriBot 2013b and telling it how many to do.