New Zealand Achaeans?

13»

Comments

• AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Dunno if it already exists or not, but if not, WHY has no one made a design for chocolate dipped, fish-shaped strawberry marshmellow bites?!?

EDIT: Also Chocolate dipped, Pineapple-flavoured candies need to exist in Achaea pronto if they do not already.  *starts saving up for a cooking license*
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
    edited February 2014
    Also, back on topic for the moment, I'd ideally like to organise a get-together for anyone interested before the weather starts getting too cold and wet.  For those of you with the ability to travel up to auckland (and it is not overly difficult considering Air New Zealand does night-rider flights leaving around 9 or 10pm at night for $39, so you could fly in the night before and leave the same night if you had to be at work the next day, a cheaper option is travelling using nakedbus, their fares start at $1, but realistically you are looking at around $20-$25 depending on where you are travelling from), there is a few options I had in mind.

1. A day trip to Waiwera hotpools (a great place to relax, have some fun and chat in a casual setting, particularly good if the weather is nice, costs $26 for the day for adults, $20 for university students, plus they are usually open until something like 8pm, so it would take up the full day if we decided to simply remain there)
    2. A day trip to Rainbows End (A little more expensive but once again is an all-day activity, I believe it costs around $50 for an adult for an all-day pass, Rainbows End closes at 5.30pm in the afternoon, keep in mind)
    3. Go to Paradice Ice Skating rink in the evening (can be done alongside 1 or 2, also a lot of fun, plus not overly expensive...)
    4. Go to Snowplanet (even though I'm terrible at skiing =p)
    5. Go to Laserforce Lasertag arena (A heck of a lot of fun, similar to paintball but without the mess, plus I can GUARANTEE I can get a VERY good rate there for anyone that turns up, though the session would only be 1-2, POSSIBLY 3 hours tops)

This list is by no means exhaustive, I'm more than happy to consider other options!  

Now that Universities are going back, realistically we would have to organise it for a Saturday or Sunday (most likely Saturday) unless it was organised during Semester break (somewhere between April 18 and May 4)

If you are interested in coming along, leave a message here, or drop me a private message if you would rather it remain a surprise (such as potential divines interested in coming *hint hint* =p  )
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • Could do! Lasertag is always fun. Along with nommy foods. I vote lasertag in suits.

Just to add to the list, you know you're an Achaean Kiwi when:

- You see a Moa in game and get excited and proud. Then you get a strong urge to eat it.

- You see Moco's belly and must restrain yourself from saying the word puku.

- You go to Eleusis and tell them to "Keep it green".

- You attempt to fix everything with number 8 wire.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I only recently discovered that Kiwis is referring to a flightless bird and not the delicious if odd looking fuzzy fruit.  I plan to visit NZ and parts of Australia by the end of 2014 around Christmas but I'm worried they are a land of criminals.

Still, gorgeous enough to risk it.
    Oh, also for those of you that are in the Auckland area, I'm going to be at the Parakai Farmers Market this weekend if anyone happens to be in the area, it is at the Parakai tavern, right next to the Parakai thermal pools from 8.30am until 1pm - I will be at the "Montwick Bodycare" stand.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Love kiwi fruit. Oh my god, Charlie's comes out of New Zealand and those fruit smoothies are to die for. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Achilles said:
    I only recently discovered that Kiwis is referring to a flightless bird and not the delicious if odd looking fuzzy fruit.  I plan to visit NZ and parts of Australia by the end of 2014 around Christmas but I'm worried they are a land of criminals.

Still, gorgeous enough to risk it.
    To be fair the only difference is one has a beak and feet!

Also you so should tour the country, if it works out I'll shout you a drink somewhere!
  • When:

(The Arcane Kindred): Dairune says, "I've lost my compass. I dunno where to find it."

(The Arcane Kindred): You say, "On the floor!"

I can't find that ad anywhere online :(.

• Cidusii said:
    When:

(The Arcane Kindred): Dairune says, "I've lost my compass. I dunno where to find it."

(The Arcane Kindred): You say, "On the floor!"

I can't find that ad anywhere online :(.

I worked out that it was an old Sky TV ad, still can't find it though.
  • Yeah Sky TV, the "floor storage system" classic ad, no idea if it is online anywhere though :/
    edited March 2014
    Apologies for my absence as of late, I have been incredibly busy, first week back at uni and all that stuff.

For the moment I'll tentatively plan out something for Easter weekend (this is also the beginning of mid-semester break as far as I am aware for most universities) and would likely be the most convenient time for most people, but I am happy to consider other dates if more people can make it then.  I will make a separate thread so we can discuss details there without it being mixed among the general banter.

Unless anyone has any particular requests for things they would like to do, I'll make the plan to be going to Waiwera Hotpools during the day, then afterwards in the evening, either going to Paradice Ice Skating in the evening or going to play Lasertag for a while.  I will also see about hiring a BBQ from Waiwera or booking one of the picnic areas so we can have lunch there (I'd like to avoid eating at the Cafe, it can be a little bit expensive)

I'm fairly flexible myself as to when we can organise for it to happen, but the best day would probably be a Sunday.

If you are interested, please respond in here or via private message if you would rather keep your intention to attend as a surprise (*cough*divines*cough* >_>)

With regards to pricing, to get into Waiwera, you are looking at $26 for an adult, $20 if you have Tertiary or Secondary School student ID.  I need to get a firm price on Lasertag, but anticipate it to be around $15 or so.  Ice Skating, if we choose to do that instead, costs $17, including skate hire, or $12.50 if you have your own ice skates.
  • Yeah, that's a no on travelling to Auckland, sorry. :P Have fun!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• JarrolJarrol New Zealand
    Awww, I'm from Auckland and would like to meet fellow Achaeans.... Am I too late?
  • I saw some NZ and AU banter going on and, as a Brit - shut up convicts you all sound the same, and you owe a lot of tax to the Crown.
  • Do they have kiwi's on new zealand?
  • JarrolJarrol New Zealand
    Seftin said:
    I saw some NZ and AU banter going on and, as a Brit - shut up convicts you all sound the same, and you owe a lot of tax to the Crown.
    Though I'm in NZ, I am originally English, so I can safely say: no, they are really not the same. That's like when I hear people saying "English, Scottish... you're the exact same".

And yes @Rangor, they do have kiwis in New Zealand. Both the bird and the people.