New Zealand Achaeans?

Comments

• AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    Don't forget Pineapple Lumps =p
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    And Hobbits!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ValdusValdus Australia
    And Russell Crowe!

...er... our bad. :(

Viva la Bluef.
  • Auckland is just way too spread out and busy. I loooove Wellington and Dunedin as places to live... the atmosphere is amazing. There are some lovely charming small towns around too.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• New Zealand also gave the world the pavlova, don't forget.

Achaea is a 24/7 game, makes sense that a few antipodeans would find their way to the night shift :)

• I love how a NZ thread starts up and the good-natured insults start flying across the Aus/NZ ditch.
  • Ahem and this:

"Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Pavlova, Pineapple Lumps, Mince (read meat) pies, Hokey Pokey Ice Cream, Anzac and Afgan Biscuits....

Australia gave us Lamingtons though, so maybe it is a fair trade.

• I am thankful to NZ for L&P and Flight of the Conchords.
    edited February 2014
    Wysteria said:
    Ahem and this:

Sorry, gotta disagree with you about those, tried them and absolutely LOATHE them >_<  They taste nowhere near as good as the original ones IMO.
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    Alkaid said:
    Wysteria said:
    Ahem and this:

Sorry, gotta disagree with you about those, tried them and absolutely LOATHE them >_<  They taste nowhere near as good as the original ones IMO.
    Now Jaffa Thins on the other hand, they're some Kiwi biscuits that I can get behind.
  • edited February 2014
    So much jargon, I can't understand a single post in here. SPEAK ENGLISH.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Cardan said:
    Alkaid said:
    Wysteria said:
    Ahem and this:

Now Jaffa Thins on the other hand, they're some Kiwi biscuits that I can get behind.
    all chocolate thins are awesome!
  • Can I consider this as a divine endorsement of doing such things?
    edited February 2014
    Scarlatti said:

You might be an Achaean kiwi if you...

* see an Achaea promotion with tiny miniature versions of shop goods sold around Sapience, and know what the reference material was

* feel the urge to perform a mass tribal chant and dance before every city CTF

* start posting "yeah right." posters around Delos

* claim customary fishing rights as an ex-Shallamese to the Peshwar Delta

* your first cooking design submitted was for a sandwich with a black yeasty paste

* or if you designed a "white sprats fritter"

* you become Imperiate and institute a 15% tax on shop profits and 30% tax on all hunting gold to run a centralised herb and mineral cures distribution centre for all Cyrenians

* you become Tyrannus and your first city project is to develop alchemically modified killer sheep to release in the Ithmias

* you're a citizen of City X and wish that the bigger City Y next door would stop buying all your crafting designs and claiming them as their own

Oh I am SO tempted to post "Yeah Right" posters around the place XD

* you wonder why there's so much snow at Logosmas and look for the nearest beach instead

Don't forget instead of having a big Logosmas dinner with all the trimmings, heading to the beachside, making a firebox and barbecuing food instead >_>
  • Black yeasty paste and crispy fried potato slices sandwich coming up!
  • Are we talking Vegemite or Bovril here?

Also, I had a NZ customer say he wanted to courier a chilly bin. It took me 10 minutes to realise he meant an esky.

Re Chocoades - I've never had them but people kept raving about them for some reason. Something about some lady petitioned for their return after a 20 year hiatus?

Wysteria said:
    Are we talking Vegemite or Bovril here?

Also, I had a NZ customer say he wanted to courier a chilly bin. It took me 10 minutes to realise he meant an esky.

Re Chocoades - I've never had them but people kept raving about them for some reason. Something about some lady petitioned for their return after a 20 year hiatus?
    NZ Equivalent is Marmite  (Yes I know there is a UK "Marmite", but in NZ it is sold under an alternate name, "Our Mate" or something like that)
  • I prefer marmite on toast and in marmite and chip sandwiches. I prefer vegemite on baguettes.
  • Is a proud kiwi, thinks marmite tastes like shit :(

(this is not text for a "yeah right" billboard)

I love basically everything else to come from this country ever, but I'll never sully my morning toast with that black sludge!
    Each to their own.  I love using the stuff as a practical joke for people visiting from overseas, letting them try some at breakfast then watching as they treat it like something like nutella and spread it almost 1cm thick when you are meant to use the BARE minimum (thin enough that you can see the toast underneath)
  • @Alkaid we do that with Vegemite here and tell them it's the dregs of beer. It's a good laugh watching their face implode, but then I give them a mini jar of it and tell them to try it as a marinade on roast lamb. Changes their mind pretty quickly as it's pretty good.

• Alkaid said:

Wysteria said:

Are we talking Vegemite or Bovril here?

NZ Equivalent is Marmite  (Yes I know there is a UK "Marmite", but in NZ it is sold under an alternate name, "Our Mate" or something like that)

Marmite, but pa might not

• Marmite on roast potatoes fuck me.
  • Jovolo said:
    Marmite on roast potatoes fuck me.
    Not sure if this means you love it or hate it.
  • edited February 2014
    Love it! Glazed in marmite to be exact.
    Roast dinners become heavenly
  • Cooking ideas arising from this thread! Next roast lamb and potatoes meal will be interesting.
  • Real life hobbits.... making cooking plans for tasty treats. I approve of this thread and I approve of NZers!