Queue Revision

Allow queued commands to be specified, such as: "QUEUE ADD THORNREND MAKARIOS LEFT LEG" up to a maximum of two commands. This allows the queue to be used for specific actions instead of a LIFO structure which is a pain in the ass when trying to function properly i.e. lighting pipes getting in the way of the Queue.

Comments

• Why does it need a maximum of two commands?
  • Tecton already insisted that the queue wouldn't be made any bigger than two commands. I don't know the exact reasoning, but this functionality change is a first step in making it properly usable in combat - the next is getting it increased to three or four commands at a point when that's feasible.
  • Jovolo said:
    Tecton already insisted that the queue wouldn't be made any bigger than two commands. I don't know the exact reasoning, but this functionality change is a first step in making it properly usable in combat - the next is getting it increased to three or four commands at a point when that's feasible.
    And please let that be soon, 2 is just ... so not enough for so many situations. :(
  • Actually I would rather see a way for commands to be chained into a single sent command, using a delimiter that Achaea recognized. Then queue can be only one long and it would not be a problem. Also solves issues where on bad latency a second/third sent command goes through but the ones before it do not.

So essentially you would send something like: "temper arador¦educe iron arador¦wrack arador paralysis"

Your client sends out as a single command, Achaea receives it as a single command and splits it so the order is always preserved and will not get broken by latency issues or spamming.

I think that would be a much better solution than an ever increasing queue size.

• Arador said:
    Actually I would rather see a way for commands to be chained into a single sent command, using a delimiter that Achaea recognized. Then queue can be only one long and it would not be a problem. Also solves issues where on bad latency a second/third sent command goes through but the ones before it do not. So essentially you would send something like: "temper arador¦educe iron arador¦wrack arador paralysis" Your client sends out as a single command, Achaea receives it as a single command and splits it so the order is always preserved and will not get broken by latency issues or spamming. I think that would be a much better solution than an ever increasing queue size.
    Basically something Imperian already has?
  • Yes. That combined with the queue system would suit most needs.

• edited March 2014
    Bump. Thank you for taking another look at the queue though you made the queue longer before making the queue more fundamentally efficient! Can we revisit this?

@Tecton