Artefact Reset Message.

Suggestion :
  • We receive a first person message when an artefact resets to us - for example : A Girdle of Titans has reset to you.
  • The person wearing our artefact receives a first person message that the artefact has reset : A Girdle of Titans has reset to <owner>.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    This would be nice.

Though my general take is that IRE is slowly taking away the ability to borrow/lend out artefacts.  See gem, veil/hood, any wieldable weapons.  
  • Artefact weapons haven't been wieldable by anyone else since forever, at least in the twelve years or so I've been playing.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    According to the help file it happened in 2005 (so 8-9 years).  Hood/veil was nerfed less than 2 years ago, I think the tuning fork also was nerfed recently and the gem of cloaking change was within the few months.  
  • Well now I just want an artefact Avenger suit. Doesn't matter which one. 

I could rock that Black Widow business.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Well now I just want an artefact Avenger suit. Doesn't matter which one. 

I could rock that Black Widow business.
    Captain America just needs a customised SoA, really.
  • @Achilles It might have officially been then, but the weapons have never been able to be wielded by others since I was playing (~2000ish), they just slowly eliminated all the ways you could force yourself to wield them.

• Announce 939 (January 2002) says "I've standardized artifact weapons in that you can't wield an artifact belonging to someone else (some of them were like this before, some weren't. It was pretty haphazard)".
  • I still don't understand why a mahogany vice cannot be shared, I mean surely the owner cannot be the only person who has the strength to clamp the thing to compress shards?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    I still don't understand why a mahogany vice cannot be shared, I mean surely the owner cannot be the only person who has the strength to clamp the thing to compress shards?
    Artefact weapons cannot be wielded except by their owners. The problem is just that most people haven't figured out how to wield their vices to crush their enemies' heads.
  • Note: It's possible to accomplish something sort of like this with GMCP. Although GMCP won't tell you why something entered or left your inventory, it'll still tell you when it does (unless you're blind, which is weird when, for example, you still get a message for that item, eg. in/outrifting).

Not to say that I disagree with this idea or anything - I think it's weird items can just magically dis/appear without any notice - but a workaround is available in the mean time.

• edited February 2014
    If you want this to happen, gotta make it profitable.  Like this:

Idea:  Artefact that lets you see when artefacts reset.  250cr.
  • Eld said:
    Wysteria said:
    I still don't understand why a mahogany vice cannot be shared, I mean surely the owner cannot be the only person who has the strength to clamp the thing to compress shards?
    Artefact weapons cannot be wielded except by their owners. The problem is just that most people haven't figured out how to wield their vices to crush their enemies' heads.
    COMPRESS HEADS would be so much more disturbing when I think of how I put all the shards into the base and clamp it down into one unified piece that weighs +2000 pounds. What shape would it look like made of heads? Spam?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• PS this would create more spam.  And consequently more tears.
  • Achilles said:
    This would be nice.

Though my general take is that IRE is slowly taking away the ability to borrow/lend out artefacts.  See gem, veil/hood, any wieldable weapons.  
    For some stuff sure, I get it for veils and the weapons. But I think that they won't make all arties non-borrowable since they are like a sneak peak for people without them when they try them out. That way they start saving or maybe even have a reason to buy that last 100-200 credits to buy an artie themselves.
  • Wysteria said:
    Eld said:
    Wysteria said:
    COMPRESS HEADS would be so much more disturbing when I think of how I put all the shards into the base and clamp it down into one unified piece that weighs +2000 pounds. What shape would it look like made of heads? Spam?
    The standard shape of my mom's cooking.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Wysteria said:
    Eld said:
    Wysteria said:
    Probably about the same flavor, too.
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    Not high on the priorities, but a 1p/2p message for artifacts not held by their owners resetting, sure.

Listed.
This discussion has been closed.