Introduction

Hiya!

I have some experience with MUDs but took a long break after moving around the country with my previous job. I wanted to try a new community and a new experience, so here I am!

There seems to be a lot to read, which is wonderful! So I'm trying to get myself acquainted to the commands, the world, and the atmosphere. I previously played a charismatic merchant/explorer who attempted to stay fairly neutral in order to do business and hear gossip from all sides.

I didn't see a lot on the Alchemist in the help files, so I went with Druid for the ability to make concoctions and (hopefully) ride the third rail between Good and Evil factions. If my assumption is completely wrong, I'd love some input on what class/es would be a good fit. Likewise, if anyone has any helpful tips or links for a Newbie Lv 10 Druid, that would also be much appreciated.

- Cass (Qarri)

Comments

• Sentinel might work better, since they are excepted into the Merchant House.

But welcome regardless!

I have undressed a god.

• Thanks!
  • Oops, I used an emoji symbol and it broke the rest of the message.

It seems I didn't readily notice the lack of Grove for Sentinel due to their more urban nature. That's what I get for reading up on classes at 3am. Perhaps a re-roll is in order.

Also, I'd be greatly appreciative for advice on clients. I've used MushClient and Mudlet in the past, but wasn't sure if one was better than the other in terms of scripts and ease for this game. Anyone have thoughts on personal preference?

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised at how polished the HTML5 web client is. I'll be using it when on my work laptop for sure.

- Cass
  • Welcome to Achaea!

We're continuing to work on the web client and it'll only get better!
  • edited February 2014
    You don't need to reroll, people are pretty forgiving of new characters finding a place, and as long are you are under level 30 I think you can reset all your lessons learnt.

Most people use mudlet nowdays, though that maybe because there is a good curing system available for it.

Welcome too.
  • Thank you for the welcome.

The web client is lovely! Truly. Kudos to the designer/s. It was a great first impression of the level of detail, and amazing amount of features, the game had to offer when I was searching around for a new MUD to sink my time and teeth into.

- Cass
  • edited February 2014
    @Accipiter I see, I will look up info on what I need to do to accomplish a change. Thanks!

- Cass
  • As long as you don't Embrace your class (HELP EMBRACE in game for all info) you get 99% of all lessons spent on your class skills back. Changing class is as easy as finding Certimene, quitting your current class and asking her about becoming your newly desired class. Very easily accomplished and you can get any necessary help in game from Guides or citymates.

Mudlet is the client you should go for. It has two excellent curing systems available, a clan in game for live support, and it is the most popular across the game. The HTML5 client is also excellent for casual playing.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Welcome!

(Someone needs to bolster the Alchemist help files methinks, can't let anymore slip by.)
  • Thanks @Jovolo for the information. I was able to change to Sentinel and get my introduction with the Merchants last night.

@Vayne I agree! I normally try to make informed decisions for making a main, so I figured I'd get chummy with some alchemists in game and figure them out for later use, perhaps.