A floccinaucinihilipilificating farewell

Of course, this has been a long time coming; and in fact has been said and done before.  So while I expect the comments of ‘see you in two weeks’, sadly there will be no validation for it. I’m not an excellent writer so bear with me while I try to braindump what the voices in my head are shouting.

I need to re-evaluate my position in the real world and my dedication to the game I have played for so long.  I have little time for recreation and will be gaining even less of it as the year goes on. Some things in my life have to be sacrificed while at the same time, I’ve got to step up and become a better person. Unfortunately, Achaea does not fit into that goal and will be getting the axe.

So first of all, to the various factions currently fighting over Rakon. I’m sorry; I’m sorry for wasting your time and efforts to reconcile Rakon’s position, and helping him move on. @Sartan, while I was deeply saddened on an OOC level bout the manner of Rakon’s departure, know that you did everything right. Everything expected of an Evil divine in a realm ruled by Gods, you’ve done right in this situation.  My farewell here is not due to circumstances surrounding Rakon’s departure.

Achaea has been (one of) my vices for many many years.  From near the end of my highschool tenure, through multiple deployments, homelessness, drug and alcohol addictions, and everything inbetween… I’ve escaped my reality by throwing myself into the world created by @Sarapis and his team.  At times it has been to an unhealthy level to which I spiraled into my ‘need’ for Achaea and failed in my attempts to move away.  We all know how difficult it is sometimes to separate ourselves from addictions though because of the people I have met and become friends with through Achaea, it’s even more difficult to say goodbye. I've met good long term friends from Achaea, people I still speak to regularly even though they've already moved on from here. I've met my wife through this game, and we're still happily trucking along. There's just nothing I can put into words to express the happiness I've received from getting to know other Achaeans through the years.

Like many here, I’ve played Achaea across a multitude of characters (that I’d rather not tell of, sorry) and for many years. We’ve all had bouts of boredom or just plain ‘don’t feel like playing’ sessions. We’ve come back to playing or alting, but at some point it’s just time to give up trying. I kind of feel like the pope in this regard; giving up the position isn’t a bad thing, when you’ve lost the passion and sight for where it should be headed.

So, I’m saying goodbye. I’m hanging up the sabaton, sheathing my Scimitars, and walking off in into the black abyss.

Many of you have at least heard of my most notable main known as Rakon.  But most of you don’t actually know him, or me. So while(if) you listen to rumors of ages past and no doubt the bad mouthing that will come in the future,  just remember that the legend is usually an exaggeration of the man.

As I write this, I have so many things left unsaid.  A cacophony of voices still deluge inside my mind. But for the life of me I cannot place the thoughts coherently enough to paper for others to know. So as these voices quiet down and silence envelops my mind slowly, there’s only one thing left to say yet still languishes on my tongue.

Goodbye and thank you.

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it all after all – Douglas Adams

Comments

• I wish you the best in your Earthly endeavors. If you ever have a solid footing, and time, we will be here.
  • Good luck, and whatever you do, you'll do amazing. I wish you all the best.
  • Come beak and visit some, okay? Not even to play or anything, but I never got to know you and hell, it's sad to see anyone go. I know what it's like for something to consume your life like it sounds Achaea did at times, and I do sincerely hope that you can find time to enjoy our little world again in the future as your life changes around you. And if not, that you'll be able to look back on this time fondly, and not with rage or regret.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • And a merry toodlepip back at you, Rakon-kins. :)

Take care.
  • Wait, what's a Rakon? (cue laughter ... ... yeah, I didn't think anyone would laugh)

Au revoir!
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Bye rakon...sad to see you go. And yeah...I totally understand...achaea is highly addictive. Sometimes you just need a long break I suppose. Maybe I should do that. I wish you luck. I enjoyed rping with you. Farewell.

• Hope that you find happiness.  And sad that I never really got to meet you.  Take care of yourself, Rakon.
  • Aww Rakon :( Who else am I going to bug with my witty insanities.

Be happy.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    @Rakon stay in touch.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Bye Rakon. Hope things get straightened out for you.

I have undressed a god.

• Stay in touch, but have fun elsewhere. Keep things positive and hope to hear from you soon!
    meh

• "not an excellent writer" my ass.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    "not an excellent writer" my ass.

Don't confuse quantity with quality; but otherwise, thanks. 

And thank you to all the well wishes, that in itself is surprising to me but still very much appreciated. 
  • We love you Rakon
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Take care of yourself.
  • Peace.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Good luck buddy, do what you need to do. Had fun playing with you and hope you're back some day if that turns out to be what is best for you somepoint down the line.
  • NocrothNocroth New York, NY
    Hey, man. Good luck. I'm sorry Nocroth and Rakon never got to talk things out in game. The letter exchange was nice!
  • I -just- helped you find a falcon and now you're leaving?? :)

I wish you all the best, @Rakon. Thank you for the short bouts of interaction we had (still holding to my words and opinions of what's going on). Keep true to yourself and maybe come back when you feel ready and content with your path in life. Achaea is a vice, but something you can control yourself.

See you round and take care.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    See you around, Rakon. It's good to know you took so much from your experience in Achaea, which not everyone can say the same of. Our interactions were always fun, albeit short, and I do appreciate the effort you took to get involved however you could. Good luck with everything!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I could do one of these goodbyes and people'd be like "see you in 2 minutes on another thread, Xith."

Anyway you were good at swords and stuff... Didn't know you much, but your name is cool.

"Rakon... And Lonely Islaaaaaand...!!!"

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Well wishes! The real world is full of awesome, so enjoy! 
  • Awww.....and I just got you back! :( 

Good luck, and hopefully you'll return at some point. 

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited February 2014

Saw it at the mall and immediately thought of you. :( bibi

• Good luck, didnt know you well, but anybody who can realize things about themselves with such insight as you just did, has the potential to get done whatever it is you need to. :) Be well!