Auctions

Comments

• NimNim
    edited February 2014
    Cathy said:

Pretty sure Zimbabwe suspended the use of their currency in like 2009/2010 and it no longer has any worth. Other than people getting a kick about having a billion dollar note in their wallet.

Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a time machine.
    Can't cost more than 100,000,000,000, go back in time, trade it for cash, win.
    That's secretly why the currency inflated so much to begin with. Sorry. Don't tell anybody. >_>
  • Cooper said:
    And then use it to buy all the bitcoins you can
    And dogecoins.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Use your one hundred trillion dollars to buy me credits, much reasonable!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • I thought it was Skipicus. :(
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Much Logos, so create, very divinity, wow.
  • ... I would like an artefact that lets a mortal initiate one world game a month.
  • edited February 2014
    I am disappoint.  I was expecting Chairman Mao.

@Sarapis
  • I want a head you can manipulate to resemble anyone's features. Then have it as a drinking horn. Then drink booze out of people's fake head.
  • A Platinum Token of Fixing the Credit Market.

Put a few of those babies up but make sure they're gold auctions.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • why the fuck can I not like that more than once.  This has been awful.
  • Daeir said:
    The solution to the credit market is to never, ever have another globe promotion with talismans again
    Highly unlikely! It's one of our most popular promotions, every time. 
  • edited February 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    The solution to the credit market is to never, ever have another globe promotion with talismans again
    Make globes purchasable with gold. Lots of it, but still, gold? (like with mayan crowns)

Perhaps set a maximum number somehow, and perhaps a max each person can buy - or maybe just the latter! One per day per person at a large but not insane amount? Turn it around somehow and use them to get rid of gold, rather than create it.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I like that idea. Part of the attraction of Achaea is the opportunity to advance without buying credits - so you can spend a bit here and there, and make it up by playing a lot. The rate at which you can advance is an important balancing factor: too fast and there is less incentive to buy credits, too slow and there is less incentive to bother if you can't buy thousands and thousands of credits. I could be completely wrong, but that makes sense to me.

I don't have a mind for economics, but I think more gold auctions would help the game in the long run with lowering credit prices.

i'm a rebel

• edited February 2014
    Trevize said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    Make globes purchasable with gold. Lots of it, but still, gold? (like with mayan crowns)

Perhaps set a maximum number somehow, and perhaps a max each person can buy - or maybe just the latter! One per day per person at a large but not insane amount? Turn it around somehow and use them to get rid of gold, rather than create it.N
    Probably not going to be happening. That's effectively us setting an exchange rate, when we want the exchange rate to float freely.
  • Sarapis said:
    Trevize said:
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:

Perhaps set a maximum number somehow, and perhaps a max each person can buy - or maybe just the latter! One per day per person at a large but not insane amount? Turn it around somehow and use them to get rid of gold, rather than create it.N
    Probably not going to be happening. That's effectively us setting an exchange rate, when we want the exchange rate to float freely.
    Makes sense. I'd like to see more gold-type promotions though. As mentioned so many times above, more ways to get rid of gold (not move it), and to make people want it.
  • Yeah, there's no doubt Achaea could use more gold sinks, but buying something with gold that you can get gold back out of is not it. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Isn't that what city creditsales are for? Credits for well below market value, it's a gold sink of sorts too.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Isn't that what city creditsales are for? Credits for well below market value, it's a gold sink of sorts too.
    The problem is that the gold goes to the city. While this isn't bad, and is better than it circulating more for services, it doesn't completely resolve the issue.
  • edited February 2014
    Plus city creditsales are limited to a small amount of credits. Active players are going to raise far more gold than they can buy via city credit sales. The amount of city credits varies per org, too.

I think a flat gold-sink price for the credit market is the best option. Keeps credit prices reasonable, for one, and on top of that, instead of creating other gold sinks that might indirectly lower the credit market, this way provides a direct gold sink for a service that pretty much all players would be willing to use.

Oh, and this probably goes without saying, but these credits should probably be bound.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Maybe one that sells a limited amount at staggered randomised intervals, always 10% below market rate

• Santar said:

I think a flat gold-sink price for the credit market is the best option. Keeps credit prices reasonable, for one, and on top of that, instead of creating other gold sinks that might indirectly lower the credit market, this way provides a direct gold sink for a service that pretty much all players would be willing to use.

This would never, ever happen. From our perspective, there's no such thing as unreasonable credit prices in-game. One player's loss is another player's gain. What you're suggesting is effectively capping the price of credits in gold, thus hurting people who are paying real money to help Achaea. We're fans of letting the playerbase decide what the price of credits in gold should be, and always have been. 

If you want predictable credit prices (that actually get cheaper every single year due to inflation!), you have to buy them from us in currencies we can actually use to pay our bills, and sadly few people accept Achaean golden sovereigns outside of Achaea.

• edited February 2014

I've only been (back to) playing again for the last several months. And in this short time, I've made considerable contributions to the credit market.

Obviously, Achaea needs to pay its bills, and can only do this by relying on the small percentage of playerbase that does actually put real currency into the game. At the same time, broadening the horizons as a free-to-play game by allowing new gaming individuals to partake in specific features of the game and to get away from the "elitist" mentality of it all, I do think there needs to be some way that younger players can get cheaper credits as a whole. There are already measures put in to do this, as they've been stated before (such as city and house credit sales) but this becomes difficult when the playerbase also controls those facets.

I don't think it'd be a terrible thing to allow something like a maximum cap of 100 or so bound credits be purchasable by gold at a low cost (say 3000gp per) and keep it a fixed rate up until a specific point in the characters life. Perhaps by level 50, the player would have either:

A) Made a significant dent or reached the cap of 100 bound credits,

B) Made the decision to not purchase credits at all and use their gold towards other things instead, or

C) Decided they enjoyed the small amount of bound credits they've received and decide to purchase credits through OOC means.

This would address the newer playerbase having an opportunity to get -something- out of it, without being able to rotate those credits into the credit market solely for gold gain. The credits would be bound, so non-transferable to other players (or alts/seconds abuse) and at the same time has literally no effect on the "elitist" playerbase allowing them to set the market value of credits as they see fit in the floating economy the Administration wants.

The only literal issue I see with this at all is the players with large sums of gold just outright purchasing the bound credits for younger players, but as this is not against any rules and wouldn't stop them from doing this in unbound form regardless, I still don't see a down side to it.

Thoughts?

Edit: AUCTIONS PLEASE! I've never gotten to partake in one and I've been hoarding now for weeks. I need my fix, man!

• edited February 2014
    Well I wanna say "alt abuse" but once multiclass comes that may be slightly less of a concern.
    Make it more like 4500 like you see in certain house/city sales and require a minimum level of 40 or 50. A small pool of Bound seems reasonable. If they're alting they still have to buy OOC credits to spend on those credits. And if they sell 75 credits to buy 100 bound, they're really only getting a small boost from that.

ETA If you open that small pool for every existing player it's also a sudden gold sink. Wink, wink.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Yeah, I wouldn't obviously offer the same for every current player. Just like they won't allow a current dragon to go back and redo the opening. It's silly to think that would be allowable or even feasible. Hell, when they redid the tasks system, my tasks are still telling me to reach level 21.... >.> I'll NEVER FINISH