Shield tag for denizens

I was wondering if this is possible, I keep walking into rooms with multiple denizens of the same type, and I am never sure it the shield I am razing is the one I am attacking. I understand that it probably is, it would just be nice to be sure.

Comments

• Doubleslash will target the same thing as raze, which should be the first matching denizen on INFO HERE. I'm not against some kind of indicator that a denizen is shielded but I'm not sure it's really necessary.
  • Im not saying it is either, I assume that the thing Im attacking is the same one that Im razing, it would just be nice to know for sure.
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Use the information from the command INFO HERE or IH and target by that. Then you'll be assured you're only attacking the one mob.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • Knivek said:

Im not saying it is either, I assume that the thing Im attacking is the same one that Im razing, it would just be nice to know for sure.

It's the same one. Now you know for sure.
  • EldEld
    edited February 2014
    Knivek said:
    Im not saying it is either, I assume that the thing Im attacking is the same one that Im razing, it would just be nice to know for sure.
    Unless you're specifying the target by number, "raze <thing>" and "kill <thing>" are targeting the same denizen. For sure. 
  • Yeah, you'll never have a problem razing the denizen as long as you didn't move out of the room and they chased you in a weird order.

All this will do is make auto-bashing even more viable since you'll know for sure if the shield is up, at least right now knights or dragons would waste a balance razeslashing or blasting even when the denizen that shielded drops their shield.
  • Nemutaur said:
    Yeah, you'll never have a problem razing the denizen as long as you didn't move out of the room and they chased you in a weird order.

All this will do is make auto-bashing even more viable since you'll know for sure if the shield is up, at least right now knights or dragons would waste a balance razeslashing or blasting even when the denizen that shielded drops their shield.
    Like when there's fifteen or more blasted things in the room and I lose count trying to catch that specific one attacking. Ugh.

That said, answers are on point. You attack the first thing that matches your target on IH. Nothing complicated about it.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited February 2014
    Having a gmcp update for shield dropping would be pretty nice, since there is no way to trigger it other than triggering pretty much every single npc attack line separately. The multi-target things is also a good point - there are a lot of times I'd rather just hit a different target than wait around for an npc to attack. Sidhe lady's in a shield/rope loop come to mind.

Not a needed change, but it would be a convenient and appreciated one.
  • Knivek said:
    I was wondering if this is possible, I keep walking into rooms with multiple denizens of the same type, and I am never sure it the shield I am razing is the one I am attacking. I understand that it probably is, it would just be nice to be sure.
    In other IRE games the denizens that are hostile to you in a room appear red in the Info Here. I wish Achaea's had that. It would make some things infinitely easier.