Heartseed redux

Comments

• I'm on mobile. Its not working. Halp
  • Dunn said:
    Jarrel is the Achaean Jesus of serpents. I have a textfile of a conversation with him labelled "If I ever go serpent".

Imu, @Jarrel bear.
    Reported for blasphemy against @Daes.

Jarrel has not arose from the state of permadeath as the prophecy demands. He is no Achaean Jesus.  Maybe like an Aristotle or something.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Tesha said:
    Shecks said:
    People (like Tesha) like to say things like: "Strata doesn't have any problem locking me, maybe you just suck."... but at the end of the day, a lot of high-end serpents are singing the same tune.
    Is this an appropriate reaction when people quote stuff you never said? :/

I don't believe you ever said that. You can WTF this anyway though.
    I thought this was supposed to be another thread about [insert @Shecks complaining that an entire skillset is OP because he died from it]. In this case - heartseed - of which I have zero experience with. I don't get to fight tree-people very much. Last time I fought @Rangor or @Rom (while he was sentinel), I did my best but they kicked the shit out of me.

Times changed, people changed (turned into failtroll bitchasses), curing systems got better (luv you vadi), classleads get shit changed (see: nerf). @Jovolo and @Cooper have been around a long time. You both have a lot of knowledge, but 1. I'm am an old achaean soul from 2000-early 2001, and 2. Since Strata was born, I haven't seen Jovolo doing much of anything except switching classes and being forums combat expert. I am no combat expert at all - but I am flattered that there are a few mis-informed folks running around saying crazy stuff like "Strata besss serp evarrrrr." I'm a shitty combatant who is "okay" at serpent because I actually try to do stuff besides snipe.

It's my opinion that "serpents of old" quit playing serpent because they claimed "it was too boring" - when in reality, improved curing systems and many folks buying arties made serpent too difficult for them to win. The level of serpent expertise on forums from people who switch classes every week and have put only a minimal effort at best into serpent is pretty ridiculous. If you want to put your money with your mouth is, go serpent and stay there - and do something beyond lupine whoring and going dform when you need to 1v1.
  • I had an alt that was a serpent that killed pretty much anyone that couldn't kill him in 2 hits. Was fun for a while but missed being Dragon level and my arties on Cooper. Also did priest and bm on that char, and most recently an infernal alt. Got bored of that in about two weeks though because frenzy op

• Moneeyy. If only
  • Jovolo said:
     @Xith - Why did you wtf my previous post? I can provide you with examples of why you were wrong if you like.
    Kay.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited February 2014
    @Strata you have mastered the art of forum combat. Mix in a little bit of modesty and feign the opinion that everyone else has, and you're already two points up on me in forum battle prowess. If you hadn't told me literally the opposite thing in game, I'd totally buy it. No worries though, staying popular is pretty important (not sarcasm), so I don't hold it against you. I'd probably enjoy the game more if I could do it, but I have too much pride. I surrender, I'm going back into forum obscurity, and going back to just enjoying the game. Who knows how long that'll last...

I'll help with your replies, trolls:

Jovolo: lololol

Daeir: Good.

Silas: See you tomorrow / auto-WTF
  • Settle down.
    You learn pretty quick that the ultimate solution to having problems with other classes being abusable is to learn how to abuse your own in return. 

Also @Strata is immune to flattery and befriending. He's kinda like Jack Sparrow that way. You don't know which side he's on cause he keeps cannoning himself from ship to ship.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    Xith said:
    Settle down.
    You learn pretty quick that the ultimate solution to having problems with other classes being abusable is to learn how to abuse your own in return. 

Also @Strata is immune to flattery and befriending. He's kinda like Jack Sparrow that way. You don't know which side he's on cause he keeps cannoning himself from ship to ship.
    Yea d00d. serpent RPz.
  • edited February 2014
    Not sure what else there is to discuss about heartseed. We've gathered it's not op already and the details have been covered.

I also don't know how I came across as a troll

• I never said it was OP, I was just asking for a simple explanation of how it worked, because I have never seen it before.  Someone did this, then it degraded into a couple of people insulting me for forum points.
  • AitoxAitox South Africa
    edited February 2014
    Alright, I need some legit advice about Sylvan:

a) I usually prep a leg and torso, then
    b) I break leg (swing staff, since you can do it off EQ) break torso, heartseed,
    c) My opponent always cures out of heartseed before it goes through.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is eclipse even useful? I tried to work it into my combo after I break a leg, but that seems to save my opponent salve balance I need to pull of heartseed? Halp!

• Leg/prone, leg, wait for resto apply to second leg (or don't if you doubt their prowess) then heartseed, break torso before they stand. This is the most simple legit heartseed setup, and (I think) isn't going to work for you without max EQ speed unless they cure funky or don't diagnose/manually apply. Buy a flail, transfix people. Eclipse sucks outside of gimmicks (it hides heartseed apply, and maybe the following messages but I'm not sure on those) as far as I'm concerned, since you can't do much about their tree without relying on illusions.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • AitoxAitox South Africa
    @Rom, thank you very much!
  • This thread should be about how Shecks can still find time to complain after serpents get this hugest set of buffs in I don't know how long.  I don't even think Decan has been complaining lately.

• edited February 2014
    Serpents who are dex-specced with thoth's can basically spam random dstabs of curare, kalmia, slike, gecko, prefarar and just snap at a random time somewhere in the middle and 99% of the game will get locked.

Edit: oops forgot vernalius in there just in case they have fitness

Cooper said:
    Serpents who are dex-specced with thoth's can basically spam random dstabs of curare, kalmia, slike, gecko, prefarar and just snap at a random time somewhere in the middle and 99% of the game will get locked.

That's pretty much true except for the 99% part. It's more like 85-90%. The rest just run after the first dstab.
  • edited February 2014
    Cahin said:
    This thread should be about how Shecks can still find time to complain after serpents get this hugest set of buffs ever. in I don't know how long.  I don't even think Decan has been complaining lately.
    Fixed.
    Cooper said:

This isn't really true, but its not worth getting into and has nothing to do with original topic.
  • edited February 2014
    @Decan @Cooper  That comment, along with his (this is sarcasm) deep understanding of how affliction classes work, ranks right up there with his claim that shrugging breaks combat.  7000 damage AXK. Fine.  Cure one random affliction: Broken.
  • I don't know whether to click abuse or disagree.

I will just giggle quietly to myself.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited February 2014
    The only difference between @Exelethril's insult and my own, is that you're all (aside from Penwize) on the same side IG, but it meant the same thing, and was just as offensive.  You guys use flagging like you use issues - just another way to metagame and troll people outside of the game that you can't touch in game.  Or can anyone honestly say that they think @Exelethril's feelings are hurt?  I doubt that even entered your minds.  Just another way to "win".

Get a life, people.
  • I'll click like on that post, but only because the abuse flags were too harsh.

• I'm confused, are these Drew Carey Show points?  Or are they literally e-peen...?
  • edited February 2014
    Since you're new here, I'll fill you in: At the end of each fiscal year for IRE, you can trade in all the points you earned over the last year for various prizes.

If you get over 2500 points in a year you get to choose between an Xbone and a mountain bike.

• edited February 2014
    One day, you might come to terms with the fact people don't disagree with you just because of the faction you play in a game.

Erk phone spelling
  • Disagreed because Targ. Can we get back to Heartseed?
  • WHAT ELSE IS THERE