[Mudlet] Another denizen targeting script

Heya!

As I promised in the other denizen targeting script I post my own targeter here for comparison, reference and so on.

!!THIS NEEDS SVO TO WORK!!

The Idea: Each area has a list of possible targets that is priorized.

Whenever you get into a room, it tries to order the things in the room by that priority to attack.

New possible targets are added by killing them once.

Use "kconfig bashing" to toggle the script on and off.

"kconfig bashing prios" shows the list of known areas.

"kconfig bashing prios <area name>" or click on area in the list shows the target prio list and lets you manage it.

The keybinding F2 starts the automatic attacking, F3 lets you flee into the last room you visited. To change the direction use "flee <direction>" to set a new direction.

The script fires the events "keneanung.bashing.targetList.changed" on any change of the target list and additionally "keneanung.bashing.targetList.firstChanged" on changing the next target (with the target as argument).

Please let me know, when you have issues, ideas, bugs etc.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7146752/Bashing.xml

Comments

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    It's useful, but, for this one, I'd have to say that, the alias seems to just turn the continuation on, with no way to turn it off.  Which is why I assume you added in the flee command, to make use of the queue feature.  And the macro itself has no confirmation message when it is turned on, either.  But other than that, it's a delightful script and I'm using it to test for viability in high-level grounds.
  • edited February 2014
    Agrias said:
    It's useful, but, for this one, I'd have to say that, the alias seems to just turn the continuation on, with no way to turn it off.
    I am not quite sure what you mean by that. The alias "kconfig bashing" should toggle the complete script on and off (and does that for me), it is not ment to stop attacking midway.
    And the macro itself has no confirmation message when it is turned on, either.
    This is true and might be someting that needs a change, thanks for the feedback!
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Despite the shortcomings that I find (pausing midway is a survival tactic of mine, but that's easily worked around) this is an incredibly useful script.  It only works on things you already have killed, and won't activate if you're in a different zone, which means I don't have to worry about leaving it on, or activating it accidentally while I'm in a city or anything. 
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Specifically the priority mechanic.  I'll be using this script for the rest of my life now.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Also, though I'm sure there probably isn't a way around it at all, but the script is entirely defeated in cast darkness, since I'm assuming there's no GMCP input when that happens.
  • ShadracShadrac Denton, TX
    Hey K,

I'm trying to use this and it's picking stuff up great - unfortunately with I hit F2 it uses the DOR command that SVO has set up natively.

Do I need to remove that trigger to use this one?
  • You can remove or disable the Bashing makro in Mudlet, yes. It's in the 'keys' section.
    Shadrac said:
    Hey K,

I'm trying to use this and it's picking stuff up great - unfortunately with I hit F2 it uses the DOR command that SVO has set up natively.

Do I need to remove that trigger to use this one?
    I got this figured out with the help of Agrias.

Thanks - this script is amazing.
  • Agrias said:
    Also, though I'm sure there probably isn't a way around it at all, but the script is entirely defeated in cast darkness, since I'm assuming there's no GMCP input when that happens.
    Not sure, but does keeping Nightsight up help this?
    Zincor said:
    Agrias said:
    Not sure, but does keeping Nightsight up help this?

No, it doesn't effect this.
  • edited February 2014
    All right. After quite a while, I managed to work in some changes.

- New configuration overview (kconfig bashing)
     - automatic shield razing. You can configure whether you want to use that feature and which attack you'd use for razing.
     - Allow toggling of the "F2" button
     - give feedback on using the "F2" and "F3" buttons
     - minor bugfixes

The download has moved to github: https://github.com/keneanung/Bashing/releases

Next edit: Looks like I have been sloppy about the last release. Shielding was broken. This is fixed now, thanks @Shadrac

ETA: Restart mudlet/reset the profile after installing the new version, it messes up otherwise.

If you have anything else, feel free to post here, fork the script on Github and send in pull requests etc
  • I just want to thank you for updating this script. I enjoy the new echoes, and you fixed the only two things, in my personal opinion, that could have been done a bit better. As a Knight, that razing is super important. As a Monk, not being able to toggle the script off and bouncing off their shield twice has always been rather annoying. This script has helped me immensely. I also enjoy that I didn't have to re-update my previously prioritized areas. Thank you! Well done.
  • @Keneanung Im having some trouble.. I installed it, switched the attack enable command to \ and the flee key to = and the flee key works, but if I walk into a room and hit \ nothing happens, though the echo does execute about nothings gonna stand in our way and what not. It doesnt seem to know any areas or denizens to attack or something, not quite sure. Am I supposed to add these myself?
  • you have to kill them yourself once for it to register the denizen/area to the script, then it will attack on its own after that. 

There's also an alias you have to use to enable that registration process, can't remember what the alias is right now though

• edited March 2014
    Jacen said:

There's also an alias you have to use to enable that registration process, can't remember what the alias is right now though

It's
    kconfig bashing toggle
    or
    kconfig bashing
    and click on the option.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Great script, @Keneanung !

Thanks for sharing :)

• After some great repsonses and requests, I'm proud to present release 1.3 of the Bashing script.

You can download it here. The link also holds the changelog for those interested :)
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Ridiculously useful script here.  This is what got me to dragon.
  • Hello again. I was sitting here using your hunting script and thinking to myself. I'm unsure if this is something you could possibly do, but I think it's worth the shot of asking.

I was wondering if you could implement and option for Monks that would allow the Monk to continue hitting the next priority target after it has slain something. For example, I am hunting a gnoll, and a mingruk walks in. I slay the gnoll with a sdk, but I would like to then uppercut/uppercut the mingruk. Currently, the script stops after it slays something, and then does another full combo when you've recovered balance. If this is possible, perhaps make an alias that can toggle regular or monk hunting? This would make hunting as a Monk that much faster/better. If it is possible, I'd be willing to pay for this specific addition. Please let me know!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Oren said:
    Hello again. I was sitting here using your hunting script and thinking to myself. I'm unsure if this is something you could possibly do, but I think it's worth the shot of asking.

I was wondering if you could implement and option for Monks that would allow the Monk to continue hitting the next priority target after it has slain something. For example, I am hunting a gnoll, and a mingruk walks in. I slay the gnoll with a sdk, but I would like to then uppercut/uppercut the mingruk. Currently, the script stops after it slays something, and then does another full combo when you've recovered balance. If this is possible, perhaps make an alias that can toggle regular or monk hunting? This would make hunting as a Monk that much faster/better. If it is possible, I'd be willing to pay for this specific addition. Please let me know!

The issue with this is triggering the change in target in time for the next blow. If you're using COMBO <target> SDK UCP UCP, as most monks are for hunting, the target is set in the initial command, and won't change in between. If you're using three separate commands, SDK <target> followed by UCP <target> followed by UCP <target>, then you have more of a chance. However, as the commands to uppercut are likely to already be in transit to the server before your client receives the "You have slain" message, it's too late to change the target, unless you have an inconceivably low ping.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I gave that some thought and I think this might be possible by just sending another KILL command with the new target.

This will however give additional "off-balance" lines for the first parts of the combo (the ones used to kill the former target). Another issue of this is that it bypasses svo completely and might mess up in certain situations.

• edited June 2014

I must be doing something wrong! I setup everything as far as i can tell, like raze, and bashing etc, the system is on, but it doesn't seem to do anything, other than show me a list of what possible targets there are in more location when denizens leave or enter. It isn't razing, it isn't targeting, it doesn't autoflee or warn me when it reaches the warning limit. The F2/F3 functionality works but I have to manually target each denizen.

I'm sure it's something I've just overlooked, help?

• There is a svo macro that is in the way. You can disable the svo folder in this section or delete it.
  • That fixed it, and it is amazing.  :D

• edited July 2014

First off, this script rules, thank you so much for sharing.

[Ignore the rest of this message, figured it out!]

• Vaetra said:

I must be doing something wrong! I setup everything as far as i can tell, like raze, and bashing etc, the system is on, but it doesn't seem to do anything, other than show me a list of what possible targets there are in more location when denizens leave or enter. It isn't razing, it isn't targeting, it doesn't autoflee or warn me when it reaches the warning limit. The F2/F3 functionality works but I have to manually target each denizen.

I'm sure it's something I've just overlooked, help?

Having this problem on another character, works fine on Zuko.. But my other character is dabbling with Wundersys so, the new alias doesnt come with SVO cause I dont have SVO! Help please?

• Keneanung said:

!!THIS NEEDS SVO TO WORK!!

Zuko said:

I dont have SVO! Help please?

This might be your problem...

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Getting a 404 error on the dropbox link!

• Keneanung said:
    You can download it here. The link also holds the changelog for those interested :)
    I switched to github hosting my releases with version 1.3 or so... That way I can automatically publish pre-release builds as well :)
  • Perhaps I am missing something, but is there a way to change it from kill command to doing a different attack?