Auctions

Comments

• Sarapis said:
    @Trey Don't worry, there IS a weapon system change coming and knights won't have to run around like they're Louis XV French dandies any longer.
    For the love of all that is good and holy, please tell me that we might be able to swap away from duality (and hopefully still can be speed knights) :(

• I'm all for customization auction items.

They add unique things to the game which make people feel special.

I don't like the combat-geared ones because they disrupt balance and I don't want to spend the money to buy them.

I suggest the zap auction item.

Once per Achaean year you are allowed to zap another adventurer, who will instantly die and be forced to embrace death. You may only ever use it on a person once, then they are immune forever to it. May not be used in world events including large scale RP events, FFAs, etc.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    edited February 2014
    I would like an artifact that lets me cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I would like boots of evasion. I just want to evade everywhere. But it's not like I have credits for that!

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    something tells me @Penwize would pay so much money for that bow of eagles
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Trey said:

The only thing I could see this doing is allowing rapier-fast battleaxes that can also shatter, which doesn't seem like an issue given how fast you can swap out weapons.

Wouldn't be an issue anyway. As far as I recall Shatter speed is fixed, weapon speed just affects balance recovery. So you'd recover balance well before the shatter connects but you'd only be doing a crap amount of limb damage.
  • Valdus said:
    I would like an artifact that lets me cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring.

Herring of Deforestation - You may CHOP TREE WITH HERRING in a forested room, which will grant you one or two wood commodities. A room may only be harvested once a month. 

• Here, have a few random ideas from the mind of me. Some probably already exist in one form or another, or were before, but I missed over the past ten years, but WHATEVER:

Psionic Phylactery. Allows you to use the age-old PSYCOMBAT skill from Telepathy that I think got removed like ten years ago.

Chameleon's Deathmask. Allows you to mask Deathsight messages you generate as coming from a specific damage type/skill.

Endless Decanter. POUR [alcoholic drink] INTO DECANTER and get as drunk as you want with as much [alcoholic drink] as you can stand!

Shard of Etrian. Boosts generation of Essence/Devotion(/Karma please <3) by some amount.

A statue. Can we erect statues as it is? If not, give someone a statue in the world.

Portable Shrine. Mobile Worldburn, it's not overpowered at all! Really! (It totally is.)

A Pebble of Logic. Drop it in a room with a shrine and Logic over Faith dampens shrine powers, for as long as they last in the game.

A Monocle of Decay. Lets you see the exact day transition that objects will decay on.

A lit firecracker.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Kei said:

Endless Decanter. POUR [alcoholic drink] INTO DECANTER and get as drunk as you want with as much [alcoholic drink] as you can stand!

If you QUAFF DECANTER, it should count as an alternative form of heartstop, but instead you explode.

I have undressed a god.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Gibbi said:
    Kei said:

If you QUAFF DECANTER, it should count as an alternative form of heartstop, but instead you explode.
    Just quaff fairy nectar. Basically does the same thing with sparkles.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Lupine Crossbow: It's a level 3 bow. But it's also a crossbow. Same damage, same accuracy, same speed, but infinitely more style. Hey, you set a precedent with your Lasalian Bagpipes.

Ekanelian Stiletto: Instantly splices or cancels a wormhole once per Achaean month. This is mainly to see who has the envious quality of "most disposable income" and "least regard for Serpents", really. I can't believe I'm suggesting it.

Arditian (or insert your own synonym for 'refuses to partake in melee ever') Bowstring: Attaching this to your bow/crossbow (hint hint) removes the need for a quiver or arrows. SHOOT <person> <dir> <venom>/SNIPE <person> <dir> <venom>.

Prince Slith's Disguise Kit: Allows you to ASSUME IDENTITY <person> once per Achaean month, assuming that the person you wish to assume is currently assuming the role of a corpse. Once you have assumed their identity through the grisly process of skinning/borrowing their vocal cords, you will appear to be the poor schmuck to bystanders. The assumed disguise will quickly unassume upon hostile action.

• As far as I know crossbows are technically already available, they just cost more than the standard artefact bows because you have to email artefacts@achaea.com to get them made.
  • Antonius said:
    As far as I know crossbows are technically already available, they just cost more than the standard artefact bows because you have to email artefacts@achaea.com to get them made.
    I was told otherwise. And I'm still bitter.

• Odd. I've had people say they were given a price for it...
  • There may be some reason that bows specifically can't be changed to crossbows, but I think 500 credits is usually the price quoted for changing the base item type of an artefact.
  • Sarapis said:
    Even US $100,000 wouldn't be worth it for a custom class for us due to the ongoing balancing work it would create. 
    I will pay $100,001 for a telekinetic class? :D

(not really, that's a good chunk of my mortgage)
  • edited February 2014
    Rexia said:
    Agreed. We can call it "monk", and have it be focussed around martial arts in addition to telekinesis. It should have telepathy too, would fit well with telekinesis.

Edit: Actually, monk has less telekinetic-ish abilities than I thought. Really just one, maybe two. Not sure why I was thinking there were more.
  • edited February 2014
    Sena said:
    Rexia said:
    Agreed. We can call it "monk", and have it be focussed around martial arts in addition to telekinesis. It should have telepathy too, would fit well with telekinesis.

Edit: Actually, monk has less telekinetic-ish abilities than I thought. Really just one, maybe two. Not sure why I was thinking there were more.
    Fists are kinetic, but they really lack in the 'tele' department.

Edit: Also monks are boring, I was really thinking something totally focused on mental abilities. Not mental abilities + punching people in the face. Not that it'd ever happen, but I'd happily pay $100,001 imaginary monies for it.
  • Sena said:
    There may be some reason that bows specifically can't be changed to crossbows, but I think 500 credits is usually the price quoted for changing the base item type of an artefact.
    I paid 700 to have the power of an artefact I owned added to an existing item (which was how I was told the process worked). If people are being quoted, or even only being charged, 500 credits then @Tecton has some explaining to do!
  • edited February 2014
    We could club together and pay like 200,000 Zimbabwean dollars for a new class...

EDIT: 
    200,000.00 ZWD=552.639 USD
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Cathy said:
    We could club together and pay like 200,000 Zimbabwean dollars for a new class...

EDIT: 
    I already have a trillion dollar Zimbabwean note, like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg
  • Sarapis said:
    Cathy said:

EDIT: 
    I already have a trillion dollar Zimbabwean note, like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg
    That's a 100-trillion dollar note! Sheesh, you must be poor if you only have a trillion dollar note.

• Sorry, 100 trillion note. I saw them available online a couple years ago and thought to myself, "My only chance to have 100 trillion dollars!" Was a must-buy. I think it cost me around $2.50 in US dollars.
  • Xithbabwe
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Sarapis said:
    Sorry, 100 trillion note. I saw them available online a couple years ago and thought to myself, "My only chance to have 100 trillion dollars!" Was a must-buy. I think it cost me around $2.50 in US dollars.
    If that's actually true cash that sucker in!
    100,000,000,000,000.00 ZWD=276,319,425,255.60 USD

• Yes you could erase 1/3 of the deficit for 1 year. Help us.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Pretty sure Zimbabwe suspended the use of their currency in like 2009/2010 and it no longer has any worth. Other than people getting a kick about having a billion dollar note in their wallet.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:
    Pretty sure Zimbabwe suspended the use of their currency in like 2009/2010 and it no longer has any worth. Other than people getting a kick about having a billion dollar note in their wallet.
    Sounds like the perfect time to invest in a time machine.

Can't cost more than 100,000,000,000, go back in time, trade it for cash, win.