Auctions

When do you think, or when do you want, the next one(s) to be, and what do you desperately want to see in it?

(Personally hoping for one in October - December period. Please hold one then admin.)

Wings of Awesome would be nice. Most of my ideas are overpowered so I'll keep shtum until I hear other ideas. They can be existing or entirely new, whatever.

Comments

• I want to see ridiculous, overpowered items that should never, ever be sold as artefacts/Shop of Wonders items, and items that can only work in a limited run (like out of subdivision housing plots).  In recent auctions, the player base was against very powerful items, after some admittedly bad experiences with Profit and his veil.  And Profit and his box... and understandably (sort of), admin turned around and plucked some of the favorite SoW items (at least one of which hadn't even had an initial run) and auctioned them.  I hope the lesson has been learned.  
  • I'd really really like an artefact that functions as a wearable split-mind effect.
  • I'd love the option for a custom class @Sena, and was actually thinking about it yesterday. It would no doubt cost me ridiculous amounts, or anyone that would win it, as well as taking a lot of interaction with admin in balancing it and creating appropriate thematics. It would be amazing, though.
  • Custom deathsight, enter/exit message, shouting voice, etc. have always appealed to me.

A version of the Stardust Flask that doesn't have a cooldown, so essentially a permanent starburst tattoo that also saves you a tattoo slot.

Something that provides infinite uses of a specific venom.
  • edited February 2014
    My hopes and my dreams.

Gone.

Really though. If the class was created in coordination with Tecton and the ACC to properly balance it, 100,000 dollars wouldn't be enough? That's a small fortune there!

A cool auction artefact would be a deathsight that works for resurrections and deaths, and provises a location.

'Antonius has been slain by Sarapis'
    You see the death occur at Targossas barracks, in Targossas.

'Antonius has been resurrected by Tesha'
    You see the resurrection occur at Targossas barracks, in Targossas.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I don't believe that, considering Alchemists rolled out a couple of years ago and I seriously doubt it brought in 100k in revenue since then.  Most skills would be customized messages with maybe a few really unique abilities (a la Occultist refresh) thrown in.
  • I think that lifesight would be a pretty cool idea, let you know whenever anyone revives, through any means.

X has emerged from the cave.

X has been restored to life by the World Tree.

X has been resurrected by Y.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Achilles One typically tries to learn from one's mistakes rather than repeating them. ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm the most qualified person on the planet to tell you what it's worth to Achaea, and a custom class is not something we'd do for $100k. Feel free to offer it! You already know what answer you're going to get though.

• I would totally buy a personal icon if one was auctioned.  Long as it didn't come with like, vulnerability to icon wars.  Just, you know, needs iconic shards to keep it up and replaces your house icon if you have one with whatever sphere you pick.  Same cooldowns on changing it and everything.
  • Occultist refresh was -way- easier than a complete new class. Occultist really didn't need that much work. The refresh for all practical purposes added about five new abilities and took away about 2-3 things they could do that were over the top. Considering that, there are still issues even with that small update when it comes to balancing, and there was a lot of ACC input during the design stages there. End of the day though, new classes need new cool mechanics or they're just boring reskins. New mechanics are hard to balance.
  • edited February 2014
    Makarios said:
    Occultist refresh was -way- easier than a complete new class. Occultist really didn't need that much work. The refresh for all practical purposes added about five new abilities and took away about 2-3 things they could do that were over the top. Considering that, there are still issues even with that small update when it comes to balancing, and there was a lot of ACC input during the design stages there. End of the day though, new classes need new cool mechanics or they're just boring reskins. New mechanics are hard to balance.
    It goes way beyond that even in terms of cost. The real cost (both direct and indirect) is the ongoing balancing and, possibly more importantly, the additional complexity the class forces on everyone else via combat or other mechanics. That may be worth it when you're talking about a class lots of people will enjoy, but it's a huge problem when only one person is enjoying the class and everyone else is having to adapt because of it.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    honestly, with multiclass coming this way, essentially all the classes that get new skill trees can be seen as new classes, something tells me we'll all be better off if they can focus on balancing that without having to calculate another completely new class in
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Best part of this thread is when Sarapis said Alchemists were a terrible idea. Can we delete them yet?
  • Sarapis said:
    Even US $100,000 wouldn't be worth it for a custom class for us due to the ongoing balancing work it would create. 
    Awwwwww. There goes Mime. :(
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • We put in mime in around May of 2013 I believe, in the form of the new emote system. Mime to your heart's content! 
  • warning: only half serious

If we delete jesters, that'd make room for a new class, right?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited February 2014
    a Grandmaster's Hammer - Adds 10 refines (chances to add to stats) to any item forged while holding/wielding it, while also functioning like a normal Hammer of Forging.

the Belt of Yen-Sorte - Allows the wearer to change the stats of an artefact weapon to any other artefact weapon's, so long as they work with the abilities in the Chivalry skill tree (no changing rapiers into artefact dirks, for instance). Functions on the same balance time as a morphing weapon. Would allow a cosmetic change (read: ditch rapiers) to someone without an imbalance to mechanics. The only thing I could see this doing is allowing rapier-fast battleaxes that can also shatter, which doesn't seem like an issue given how fast you can swap out weapons.

an ingot-filled strongchest - Produces steel at 5/Achaean day, with five 'slots'.

a jeweler's glass - Allows the wearer to see stats on wielded items or worn armour (essentially, weaponprobe on someone else)

OP AS FUCK BELOW THIS LINE -----------

"The winner of this auction will be allowed to redistribute up to 20 points each on up to two artefact weapons."

the Bow of Iocun - A level 5 artefact bow.

• Language learning token again please.
  • strongchest should be a SoW item. Hammer should be deleted from this thread because :( don't get my hopes up. Belt of Yen-Sorte should be resolved issue with the weapon system overhaul. Let's call it a jeweler's loupe instead and have it able to be attached to my specs, so I don't have to customize them.
  • Sarapis said:
    That may be worth it when you're talking about a class lots of people will enjoy, but it's a huge problem when only one person is enjoying the class and everyone else is having to adapt because of it.
    I wouldn't imagine that a class few people would enjoy would get approved anyways. Or if by "one person enjoying the class" you mean a private class that nobody else can use, that wasn't the intention, I just meant something publicly available the same as any other class (probably no factional classes either), with the auction winner just getting some say in what the class is.

Still understandable that a new class is unnecessary and not worth the cost.
  • I completely lost it at this:

(Ashtan): You say, "I wish he'd avast."