HTML5 client updates - Version 2.2

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
We're pleased to announce the release of the latest version of our HTML5 client! Here's some of the details of the changes:
  • Scripting has been reworked entirely: 
    • The entire interface can now be found under the Reflexes tab 
    • Groups and subgroups are now fully supported, including drag and drop and enabling/disabling of groups (including scripting support) 
    • Aliases, triggers and keybinds are significantly improved, they now support sending multiple commands, regular expressions, variable expansions, and much more
    • Gagging, highlighting and text replacement is now fully supported, and much more powerful 
    • Most of the above is now accessible through custom scripts as well 
    • A new scripting manual is available at http://client.achaea.com/help/, explaining the new functionality 
  •  You can now create, import, and export reflex packages, allowing you to share  scripts with other players 
  • The input line now supports tab-expansion of recently displayed words; ideal for all those unpronounceable player names! 
  • The parsing and displaying code should now be much faster and more reliable 
  • Loading and saving of settings from/to your computer is much more user-friendly 
  • The map window has received a number of small improvements 
  • The music volume is now adjustable 
  • Character creation now includes a random name generator 
  • Multiple other small bug fixes and improvements

Settings from the previous version of the client will be automatically imported to the new one. Please note, however, that the import is not 100%, especially if you were using custom scripts. Some features (temporary triggers being the most notable one) will not work anymore - refer to the scripting guide for replacement functionality. 

The Achaean autosipper is currently unavailable, it will be back in the next few days.

Should you encounter any bugs or other problems with the new client, please use the Feedback form (available on the Settings page) to report it. 

Head over to http://client.achaea.com today to check it out! If you're a regular user of the system, please be sure to refresh the page so you have the latest version.

Comments

• Greetings Everyone. I had my own system in the older version of html 5. Will I have to rebuild, or can I import the old system?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    It should update - if there's something that isn't working 100%, just let us know via the feedback form in the settings window.

• My autosipper has stopped working, which was the one originally with the mud in the last version
    Indeed, it will be back in the next couple of days (as noted in my original post)

• edited February 2014
    messed up my defup triggers. its now spamming selfishness.

does this still work?

set_variable("deathsight","1");
    set_variable("selfishness","1");

ect..

cus its not updating my vars.
  • Weird, tried the HTML5 on Firefox browser, because I like the IRE extension on there better :P, and I couldn't type in the command line. Chrome works perfect though! Just thought I would bring it up!
    Hrrm, works fine for me on the latest version of Firefox (26.0) - What version of Firefox are you using?

• Tecton said:
    Hrrm, works fine for me on the latest version of Firefox (26.0) - What version of Firefox are you using?
    it's the same version....idk, maybe I did something to it I don't remember. I restarted the browser and tried it again and it still does the same thing. Only in the Actions area does it not let me click to type. Weird, I use Chrome a lot anyway so it's no big deal to me just thought it was weird.
  • @Achimrst: What addons, user scripts and such do you have installed for Firefox? Possibly one of those is causing some kind of conflict.
  • Antonius said:
    @Achimrst: What addons, user scripts and such do you have installed for Firefox? Possibly one of those is causing some kind of conflict.
    Oh! Maybe, I will disable them one by one!
    Yamato said:
    messed up my defup triggers. its now spamming selfishness.

does this still work?

set_variable("deathsight","1");
    set_variable("selfishness","1");

ect..

cus its not updating my vars.
    You'll want to take a look at the updated scripting manual (link's in the first post) for the details of the change (and examples)
  • AlessondriaAlessondria Cleveland Ohio
    The update today seems to have taken away the ability to manually move around the UI windows to where I would like them in "Move/ resize windows". They all can be stretched left, right and down but not upwards (the exemption being the map window) making it impossible to put a window that would be on the bottom of the screen to its own location on the top. I didn't back-up my settings do now I'm sorta unable to have my client the way I had it, rather, would like it to look.
    Client setting "Hide all chat messages in the main window if they are shown in another tab" appears to have also lost funtionality with the update.
  • I seem to be having an issue where every time I implement some new reflexes and then quit the game, my reflexes go with it. They clear out. I mean, I backed everything up using the export feature but I don't seem to be able to then re upload them it fails....

Anyone else have that problem?
    The update today seems to have taken away the ability to manually move around the UI windows to where I would like them in "Move/ resize windows". They all can be stretched left, right and down but not upwards (the exemption being the map window) making it impossible to put a window that would be on the bottom of the screen to its own location on the top. I didn't back-up my settings do now I'm sorta unable to have my client the way I had it, rather, would like it to look.
    This should be fixed!
    Dragnar said:
    I seem to be having an issue where every time I implement some new reflexes and then quit the game, my reflexes go with it. They clear out. I mean, I backed everything up using the export feature but I don't seem to be able to then re upload them it fails....

Anyone else have that problem?
    Was a small issue that was fixed a little earlier this morning!
  • The download reflex package does not seem to be working. Could you post how the js file for a reflex package should be organized? I am still looking to develop a system for the HTML5 client, so that I have something to point my novices towards. And this change of being able to easily import packages will make that possible.
    Thank you so much for the fix!
    Renoir said:
    The download reflex package does not seem to be working. Could you post how the js file for a reflex package should be organized? I am still looking to develop a system for the HTML5 client, so that I have something to point my novices towards. And this change of being able to easily import packages will make that possible.
    This is fixed now too - just make sure you refresh your page to get the latest version!
  • Thanks, @Tecton! Now to work on my System.
  • Hi @Tecton. I appear to still be having issue. It was partially fixed however, this time the server seems to remember my triggers and that but not the commands that are implied by each.
  • Thanks for the updates! Gonna have to go through my code to see what else might need tweaking to accommodate it, but it looks like the add_temporary_trigger() command no longer works. I'll have to read through the new help files to figure out what to change. Excited about the highlight and gag changes though.
  • edited February 2014
    Thank you very much for all those improvments, it is really wonderful. :)

Has the V1 client changed of url? I have a 404 now.

About the packages: Is there a checking about it before upload? I mean, that at least the JSON is correct? What if the package is crap? Is it simply ignored, or is there an error message?
  • I just wanted to say I am impressed with all of the work you all have done on the new client.  It sure looks sharp!  
    Orzaansyn said:

About the packages: Is there a checking about it before upload? I mean, that at least the JSON is correct? What if the package is crap? Is it simply ignored, or is there an error message?
    V1 is no longer required, the new version will automatically resize to smaller resolutions/disable features to be a lot more mobile/tablet/small screen friendly.
    Zincor said:
    I just wanted to say I am impressed with all of the work you all have done on the new client.  It sure looks sharp!  
    Thanks!
  • edited February 2014
    Just noticed, but the exits on the new map only update when it switches to a new map segment, but when you move within that segment it still displays your entry exits, rather than the new room's.

Edit: The room name doesn't change either.
  • Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:

V1 is no longer required, the new version will automatically resize to smaller resolutions/disable features to be a lot more mobile/tablet/small screen friendly.
    It indeed is. I'm happy with it. :)

And about the packages?
  • edited February 2014
    Orzaansyn said:
    Tecton said:
    Orzaansyn said:

It indeed is. I'm happy with it. :)

And about the packages?
    I've been spending my time messing about with packages, as I still intend to make a System for the HTML5 engine.
    What I've found, if import runs it through JSON.parse, so if the input is valid JSON, it will succesfully import. From there, there are quite a few problems that can arise.

To the Admins, @Tecton in particular, So far, when I import a package, I cannot edit it via the normal method of editing triggers and such, the 'reflexes' Tab. When you switch to the dropdown of the imported package, it does not update the list of reflexes.

EDIT:

It appears that that result is only from packages I've made by hand. An exported package imports accurately. I'll inspect this further and make a more... thorough update here.
    As a developer, I'd rather be able to create my packages in Vim, rather than the web interface.
    Sounds great - if you find out what's blocking your handcrafted packages, just let us know and we'll take a look.