How to beat monks.

edited February 2014 in Monk
edit: Apparently you're not supposed to make threads anymore?

Comments

• Can you stop making a new thread every time you have a quick question? There are threads for that.

• Quick combat questions, please. Post there.

• It would appear I have a severe misunderstanding of how forums work.

Also, this isn't a quick question.  I would like to discuss it, without a dozen people talking about other subjects and posting pictures of cats and whatnot.

Now that I've invited the cat pictures, its already hopeless.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2014
    @Shecks - I think I read that you just returned or re-awoke or something, and I can completely understand how discombobulating that can be as I've gone through it myself after just a short hiatus that included some major IC changes were made. But in just the last week I think I've seen you post a new thread about how to fight just about every class. Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration, but there were quite a few class-specific combat threads in addition to some pretty uninformed comments in The Ranting Menace and Quick Combat Questions threads. It just makes me wonder...

• Shecks said:
    It would appear I have a severe misunderstanding of how forums work.

Also, this isn't a quick question.  I would like to discuss it, without a dozen people talking about other subjects and posting pictures of cats and whatnot.

Now that I've invited the cat pictures, its already hopeless.
    Sorry, clearly the wrong gif for this situation.

• Eh, I don't really get all the hate on making threads like this. If it were something simple as "how much physical damage reduction do you get by transing avoidance?" then sure, post to quick questions. But a topic like this could have easily turned into a lengthy discussion on how X class can play defensively against monks, and lengthy discussions aren't very appropriate for the quick questions thread. Plus, I'd rather read thread titles to look for a topic I'm interested in than scroll through pages of posts looking for the same. Plus, searching for a relevant topic would be much easier if tags were used, and tags can only be used in thread topics..
  • You forgot 2.5: Get something that is brighter then the SVO parrying. It is predictable and therefore entirely pointless.