Mini pet reactions!

It's kind of annoying that my lil jarbo doesn't like even my closest friends touch it! Can we please get lines for allies? Or at least like fiance/spouse! They would at least be around the critters long enough to not be so scared/timid. Please, I'll make cookies or something! Everyone likes Cyrenian cookies.

(I feel terrible for using that trope as a joke, I really do)

Comments

• I think something similiar to this has been denied before. (Being able to buy custom reactions for crated minipets) and is was denied. The reason behind it being that was one of the perks of having a custom pets vs a crated run-of-the-mill one.
  • no minipets are stupid
  • I don't want custom pet lines just like, let them have the line when I personally pet the mini pet. 

You pet a pygmy jarbo ingratiatingly.
    A pygmy jarbo sniffs at your fingertips, his nose twitching with avid curiosity.

like that, it dodges most peoples hands. I'm just suggesting if not allies, at least fiance and spouse should that reaction too instead of the dodging reaction that some pets do!

Though I do get the point realistically about why it would not happen :(
  • I like that they added this distinction in behavior between owner and all others, and while I sympathize, it could just be chalked up to them being kind of stupid creatures (although the slugs are sentient, so maybe they're just fickle, who knows, Tecton said they aren't to be trusted).  Realistically, they're simple (and inexpensive) creatures, and I can't imagine admin fleshing them out much more than they are.  I don't like it when NPC behavior is inconsistent though, which I think is why this bothers you - in your view the behavior doesn't make sense.  One of my pet peeves is the "vicious" "spitting" camels that nuzzle anyone who pets them (although you can sort of turn that on its ear and make it fun).  As well, all mounts "prick up their ears" like a horse, even though many aren't equine and don't have the sort of ears that would "prick up".  Things that look a bit ridiculous every time you see them.
  • Of course the Cyrenese would suggest this.

But yeah I agree actually. I want to smack my goat kid with a brick when he backs away from my fiancee's petting.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Shirszae : Care to explain why you disagree with my post?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited January 2014
    Tahquil said:
    @Shirszae : Care to explain why you disagree with my post?
     I mostly just disagree with the decision reached. I find it silly since no one's really asking for a custom reaction. I'd understand if this was a pet like the ones they used to sell at Thera, but even those actually had reactions that made sense, from what I recall. It doesn't really compute then for them to not even give that much to a crated pet, which actually costs credits, even if not as many as a fully custom one.

edited for grammar.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• You may have a point, there.  Even before market speculation (which can't be entirely discounted itself), I wonder what the "spread" is to get a pet from a Globe - which would give an idea of how many credits they truly "cost".