Help a newcomer.

Hello there! As you might have guessed by the description, I am a newcomer in Achaea. I have been playing for less than two weeks, and have a character with Ty Beirdd (awesome people by the way). Now, I would like to have an alternate character that  can visit whenever I feel like. Since I'd like something different, and I wouldn't want to be in a house, because I don't think I have time for two of them, I was thinking of becoming a Quisalis Assassin. Now, what I'd like to ask is which classes you think are viable for assassinating. I will ultimately decide based on character and RP preferences, but I wouldn't like to pick the worst class for this. What are my options?

Answers

• You're going to want to learn to fight before you join the mark. You don't just pick a class and assassinate people easily.

Why do you already want another character when you're having fun and won't have time for two characters? That doesn't make sense.

• Cooper said:
    You're going to want to learn to fight before you join the mark. You don't just pick a class and assassinate people easily. Why do you already want another character when you're having fun and won't have time for two characters? That doesn't make sense.
    I... like alts. A lot. I want to learn how other classes work, but I don't want to be tied to a house with the other ones. Why the aggression?
    Daeir said:
    Well, I'll be frank with you.

Fighting people that are even somewhat adept at defending themselves is a difficult affair. Becoming a member of the Quisalis also opens you up to attack from other Quisalis members and the Ivory Mark as well, and most of the members of both are well-established, generally quite competent fighters. You're going to run into a lot of trouble if fighting isn't really your thing, though it would be a good way to find out if you like it. Especially if you're not transcendent in one class skill and survival, at the very least.

Classes with the fastest TTK (time to kill) range from Occultists, Serpents, Blademasters and Priests/Apostates, though it naturally differs depending on your own skill and who it is fighting. Pretty much any class except Magi or Bard is suited for solo-ganking/assassinating (due to a reliance on vibrations/harmonics, which are room based and slow to move in), so it's really whatever you feel the most comfortable in. Roll a few alts, bash them to level 60 or so, and you should get a generally good feel for how the class will play for the most part (with exceptions, of course).
    That's very informative, thank you. I think I will start a new character, untied to a city or a house. Level him, and then try to join the Mark when I feel comfortable.