Arena - blocking abilities, Envenom Arrows, etc.

I run out of arrows in literally every arena event I join.

I've found a solution, which is to bring a full quiver of every single venom type.

Is that really necessary, or can we just get rid of this?  It's pointless.

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Could we just make it so when you pull an arrow out of your quiver it doesn't lose its venom and dye? Doesn't make sense anyhow and that way since you don't actually lose the arrows in the arena, they're just in your inventory, you can put them back in when your quiver is empty. Yes? No? I just never got why you have to clean off the arrows to take them out of your quiver. Should be able to hand people a bundle of red prefarars or blue delphiniums or whatever the hell.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Kenway said:
    Could we just make it so when you pull an arrow out of your quiver it doesn't lose its venom and dye? Doesn't make sense anyhow and that way since you don't actually lose the arrows in the arena, they're just in your inventory, you can put them back in when your quiver is empty. Yes? No? I just never got why you have to clean off the arrows to take them out of your quiver. Should be able to hand people a bundle of red prefarars or blue delphiniums or whatever the hell.
    Even with this, it would still be possible to run out of envenomed arrows, so it still does not solve the problem.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited January 2014

And no, its not possible anyhow, arrows don't have venoms outside of quivers, that's not how they are coded.

It -could- be possible to just make shooting arrows in the arena not use up arrows in quivers, which would solve the problem.

Alternatively, just let us envenom more.

@Shirszae Your nine word poem takes up half of my screen.
  • The arena is meant to mimic out of arena fighting in most regards. If you run out of arrows in the arena you would have run out of arrows in a real fight.

If you are shooting 250 arrows every time you enter the arena you should learn to use your other abilities better.

• edited January 2014
    I only have 30-75 arrows of one venom, and I frequently -do- envenom arrows in long, team-based fights, outside of arenas (just like any other serpent).  It only takes a few seconds...
  • This gets brought up all the time; it might even be on the list already (I don't want to check on my phone). It would be nice but I feel like there might be a reason it hasn't been done already, or at least it isn't anywhere close to being a priority.
  • I can see this being annoying. I expect we can compromise somewhat and allow serpents to envenom. Knights won't be able to since they don't get free venoms outside the arena.

We'll look into it.

• Always looking for ways to screw knights over! /sarcasm

But really :(
  • We're changing things up a bit. Serpents have had it hard enough for too long.
  • Cooper said:
    The arena is meant to mimic out of arena fighting in most regards. If you run out of arrows in the arena you would have run out of arrows in a real fight. If you are shooting 250 arrows every time you enter the arena you should learn to use your other abilities better.
    So Occultists can throw hundreds of tarot and not lose their utility, while Serpents are forced to use a diminishing resource in an area that gives infinite use for every other class in a similar situation? It's like telling an Occultist "Hey you get to keep the card, but only as a blank."
  • Or delete bows.
    Jkjkjkjkjkjk.....!!! 

But seriously....
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited February 2014

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4039                                     (01/31/2014 at 16:41)  
    From   : Tecton, the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Ideas and changes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some new tweaks and changes from IDEAS and The List(tm) have been put live over the past few days, 
    here's the details:

- Serpents can now ENVENOM arrows in the arena.
    - ALLIES will now indicate if it is mutually held.
    - WALK TO will now show how many rooms you have left on your journey.
    - Looking in a room will now indicate adventurers dismantling city destruction tanks.
    - Shadowcloak messages will now respect customised descriptions.
    - RNA <section> will now read the last article in the specified section.
    - SCRUBing graffiti will now only use 10 sips of water, rather than the entire contents.
    - PROBEing containers will now show the number of contents and its maximum capacity.
    - AFFLICTION <LIST|SHOW> will now give information about specific afflictions.

Thanks, admin.  I feel loved.