Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• Ah! I've never used tables before. I'll try that!
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited December 2013
    Hi everyone - Weird problem. If I click the "map" button on mudlet, it immediately blows up mudlet. By "blows up" I mean, it freezes, then pops a window saying a problem occurred and mudlet has to close.

In an attempt to remedy the situation I have tried the following things:

1. Uninstalled mudlet mapper via package manager, close/restart mudlet. Did not help.
    2. Uninstall/re-downloaded and re-installed mudlet. Did not help.
    3. Deleted and re-downloaded the newest mudlet mapper, then installed via package manager. Did not help.

Any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

edit:

nevermind. Fixed, thanks very much @dragonknight you brilliant person you.

For anyone else having this problem, here is what Dragonknight had me do and it worked like a charm:

(Mudlet Clan): Dragonknight says, "I'm saying go to C:/Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/.config/mudlet/PROFILE_NAME_IN_QUESTION/ and delete the map folder and map download folder. You probably want mudlet to be closed during this because I hope it wouldn't just resave your map when
    you close it to restart."

^this worked -perfectly- and will save you heaps of time not doing all the stuff I tried to do first.
  • do AREALOCK
    then try to lock the area at the top that is just blank.

Might work!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • @Cathy I believe that solution is for instances of it crashing when you use GOTO not just opening the map.
  • @Cathy I believe that solution is for instances of it crashing when you use GOTO not just opening the map.

Me too, but it's the only guess I have!

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Is anyone else trying to run Mudlet in iOS 10.8.5?
  • I have a thing in a script like -

cechoLink("<red>[Read]", [[GUI.designBox("design stuff", "Design reason: ]] .. DB[name].reason:title() .. [[?",

"Delete", "removedDesignReason("]] .. name .. [[")",

"Nothing")]], "read course", true)

-- and the - removedDesignReason(  .. is a script, and it keeps bringing back an error

expected (to close  '(' at line 1) near 'Muffins'

but for the life in me I am unsure how to fix this, Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance
  • edited January 2014
    You probably want to use single quotes around the argument, otherwise you finish the string of the fourth argument of GUI.designBox without concatinating. In other words, the second argument to cechoLink looks like that:

GUI.designBox("design stuff", "Design reason: WhateverReasonHere?", "Delete", "removedDesignReason("Muffins")", "Nothing")
                                                                                                      ^Here is something wrong.

• edited January 2014
    the muffins is different name every time so its the fact im using ..name.. which i the issue, im unsure  where to fix it... @keneanung

.. it runs of an alias like ^design (\w+)$ ...

local name = matches[2]

then the above code ^ so somewhere between "removeDeignReason("]]..name..[[")" ... is the error

the error with muffins was me testing it
  • I know, I just wanted to show, how the code looks like, that gets run when you click on the link. To fix the problem, you will need to make your code look like this:
    cechoLink("<red>[Read]", [[GUI.designBox("design stuff", "Design reason: ]] .. DB[name].reason:title() .. [[?", "Delete", "removedDesignReason(']] .. name .. [[')", "Nothing")]], "read course", true)
                                                                                                                                                   ^I changed this from double to single quote

• Thank you @Keneangung .. not bringing back errors just not firing the script I just see

removedDesignReason('Muffins') .. and a failed command line heh but least it's not erroring, Thank you
  • Looks like your removedDesignReason method contains an error as well. Happy debugging :P
  • nah, the removeDesignReason works if I do lua remvedDesignReason("Muffins") I think its classing it as an Alias and not a script/lua if that makes sense :P
  • Erm right. Not the removedDesignReason, but the GUI.designBox should have the bug. Maybe you send() the fourth agument?
  • nope, no bug, its sending the removedDesignReason, like its an alias, I'll figure it somehow hehe
  • Herenicus said:
    Is anyone else trying to run Mudlet in iOS 10.8.5?
    I am, and I'm having the same problem with importing and installing packages that you posted on the Mudlet Forums. Did you ever find out how to resolve that?
  • Okay so I'm recently coming back into the game and I kind of need a mudlet for dummies with the basic commands and making matches and stuff like that, is there a different scripting language available for Achaea? I loved DR through stormfront
  • Mudlet runs on lua.

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited February 2014

I posted this to another thread, but you'll find it useful, too.

Nizaris said:

Read this like a novel, start to finish. But, don't read everything! Read from LuaTypesTutorial to FunctionsTutorial; the rest is (largely) irrelevant. Under "Lua Standard Libraries", I recommend the following: CoreFunctionsTutorial, MathLibraryTutorial, StringLibraryTutorial, and TableLibraryTutorial. 

Read this like a cook book, a little here, a little there, and only as you need it. It's all useful, but it's something that you go back to over and over again as you need it. 

(3) Mudlet gui functions (geyser) [ http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Geyser
    Useful if you want to make your Mudlet look pretty, and/or useful. I personally use geyser to track opponent afflictions delivered/cured. (Really handy for an apostate, or any other affliction class). 

(4) Mudlet migration guide [ http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Migrating
    Probably a very good place for you to start. The front matter of it is written for people migrating from Nexus, but there is a sizable section devoted to CMud/zMud migration. 

(5) Youtube, for just about anything that you want to do, is excellent for tutorials. Take Vadimuses' user page (one of the authors of Mudlet) for example [ https://www.youtube.com/user/Vadi5 ]. He has a few tutorials there. Also, just try a search for "mudlet tutorial" on Youtube. 
    Also, @Keres had another pretty useful list here.
  • Some people have really long and hard to type names and it's a real pain when switching targets. I know that Achaea recognises partial names so if your name is Quetzacthulthucotl, you can still be targetted as Quetz or the like, but triggers will still feedback the full name. The annoying part is that I only echo things happening to my current target (to avoid getting confused), and if I use a partial name for my target, the triggers don't echo properly. Is there any way I can fix this? An example of my currently existing echoes:

Line: ^(\w+)'s aura of weapons rebounding disappears\.$

Input:
    if matches[2] == target then

deleteLine()

cecho("AlertBox","\n<green:ghost_white> "..matches[2].." REBOUND DOWN \n ATTACK")

cecho("\n<green:ghost_white> "..matches[2].." REBOUND DOWN \n ATTACK")

end

• Something like:
    if matches[2]:find(target) then
    end
    should work.
  • You could try this:

if string.find(matches[2], target) then

But it'll kind of break a little bit if you target Kei and Kein or Keina's rebounding drops.

Other than that, and I think this is part of the NDB package that comes with Svo, but it supports tab-completion of partial names, so you can type Quetz<tab> and get Quetzalcoatl or whatever their name is.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • When you are targetting, type in Quet then press tab and it'll auto fill the full name.

• Thank you!
  • Tab completion is a Mudlet feature, really great thing.
  • How do I highlight something specific like...

(Cyrene):

Just that part, none of what people say afterwards?
  • edited March 2014
  • Jacen said:
    Haha, thanks!
  • So I've been poking around the Mudlet Manual just looking for things I didn't know about, and I have a few questions:

What is supported in the config.lua file right now? Just this?
    mpackage = "blah"

Is there a tutorial or example code on the functions getModulePriority() and setModulePriority() ? From what I understand, these functions allow you to get or set the priority of each module, which determines the loading sequence. What I don't understand is how you set the priority of a module before you load it, since mudlet/lua won't know about the module until then.

Basically, I'm considering modularizing my curing system (what little of one I have) and I'm struggling to understand how I could handle dependencies.
  • Just the mpackage is supported for now, as detailed by the docs

@setModulePriority(): I imagine it would work on a restart, since you set that and Mudlet would remember it outside of the module.