Alchemy and Alchemist

Greetings, I think of getting back into the swing of things here and was thinking of switching classes to start anew.
I was wondering which cities if any have a house dedicated to alchemist or at least which city give alchemist the greatest freedom to explore the depth and role play of alchemy lore,
without any hindrance from anything not concerning alchemy.

The RP potential for alchemist are huge and I'm wishing to explore it in more depth. 
I was hoping I would not have to be house-less, but if so I'm cool with that as well ;)

Comments

• Hashan has an alchemy clan that's quite fun. The spiritwalkers allow alchemists, but aren't dedicated to them. I can speak to any of the others.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Hellen is essentially right where Alchemist culture is concerned. However, being the newest class still there are definitely some cities that have integrated the class into their culture better than others. Hashan is a natural fit with its history with astronomy and has given us a lot to draw from as a basis. In Cyrene, alchemy fits in rather well with with the Arcane Kindred's goals and philosophy as well. Ashtan, Targossas, and Mhaldor, I have not seen any noticeable culture develop but it might just be out of my scope. Even with the cities that have intentional alchemy roleplay there will be degrees of depth. From being seen merely as "guys who make us cures" to dedicated organisations integrated into the ideology of that city-state. Once again however, it seems to be the class is being player more and alchemist culture is on the rise, so hopefully there will be opportunities to develop those cultures more in the near future.
  • The Ebon Fist, I'll tell you IC that the Ebon Fist won't stop you from exploring whatever your heart desires, as long as your findings are shared with the Monastery.

EVIL!!!!
    *Animated Signature*

• If you want to RP an alchemist, go do it with @Vayne. He's more dedicated to the class than anyone else I can think of at the moment.  
  • I'm having a lot of fun with the Hashani Alchemists and would highly recommend them for someone looking to explore the roleplay side of Achaean Alchemy. I managed to catch one of Hellen's surgical demonstrations and it was fantastic. :)
  • Even as a Cyrenian I'd recommend Hashan for this one.  It's just a better spot for Alchemists right now.
  • Yeah, @Vayne and Hashan are wonderful for Alchemy. Me and @Tahquil have some pretty fun conversations, but Targ isn't a huge Alchemical hotbed in terms of roleplay.

I have undressed a god.

• At the same time tho, Hashan sux. So there's that.

Still, at least if you roll a character there it won't be long before you end up in Ashtan or somewhere relevant like everybody else.