New rune?

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Given Runewardens as knights don't get a lot of the perks of paladins or infernals, I am not really keen on runes having to be activated on top of the balance cost to sketch in the first place.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Lol what is this thread

• Hasar said:
    Lol what is this thread
    It's a fun place, where you talk about runes.
  • Kyrra said:
    Given Runewardens as knights don't get a lot of the perks of paladins or infernals, I am not really keen on runes having to be activated on top of the balance cost to sketch in the first place.
    No, it ticks normally, but you can activate to instantly grant the effect and consume the rune.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Yes, let's give runewardens a way to regularly trigger transfixation. /sarcasm
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Not just runewardens who use runes, I'm sure they can make it Shaman only. I mean runewardens get fancy runeswords
  • Daklore said:
    Yes, let's give runewardens a way to regularly trigger transfixation. /sarcasm
    I believe they would still have to sketch the rune... and then it consumes bal/eq (and the rune) upon activation, making it hardly any different than a web tattoo. Or any different than current passive nairat triggering.

If you read people's posts, all of these things were stated.

Xith said:
    Marax said:
    I understand why an alarm rune isn't the best idea. But I feel like activating your rune would be a nice touch. It would be difficult to have, say, a wunjo/nairat combo hit because of balance (I think activating both runes at the same time would be OP, between web, bind, and this, [I -don't- know combat for sh*t] hindering someone would be too easy).

Dig the $person triggered your Wunjo rune in <area> (not room), though.
    Sounds neat. Could make wunjo balanceless to activate and give other runes an eq on par with web tattoo. Not a huge change. Given that it consumes the rune and you have to resketch, I'm not sure how powerful it makes any other combos. Mainly just gives you a guaranteed heal or cure from those defensive runes.

• Transfix has a much longer writhe time than web. Without a diadem or quick witted most people will writhe out before you recover equilibrium, not the case with transfix. Also no artefact to prevent transfix.

There's just no reason I can see why either class possibly needs something like that.
  • Antonius said:
    Transfix has a much longer writhe time than web. Without a diadem or quick witted most people will writhe out before you recover equilibrium, not the case with transfix. Also no artefact to prevent transfix. There's just no reason I can see why either class possibly needs something like that.
    I do, mostly because as a Shaman you stand there and don't attack for long periods of time.
  • Whose fault is that.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Yeah, just switch class @Achimrst. Duh...its only like a few hundred dollars.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • edited January 2014
    It's not the class' fault

LEAVE SHAMAN ALONE!
    Change fashion to deal damage too.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I guess cursing people went out of fashion. Hee.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Cursing people is so 2006
  • Marax said:
    I like vodun too much to change ;-;
  • NimNim
    edited January 2014
    Achimrst said:

Marax said:

I like vodun too much to change ;-;
    Jester. You get vodun AND tarot! Also some other skill set, I think. Whatever it was called.

ETA: No, forums. I am a quoting wizard. YOU bow down and despair!
  • Don't get me started on tarot, i was an occultist until like 2011ish
  • Antonius said:
    Transfix has a much longer writhe time than web. Without a diadem or quick witted most people will writhe out before you recover equilibrium, not the case with transfix. Also no artefact to prevent transfix. There's just no reason I can see why either class possibly needs something like that.
    Are you suggesting that an EQ consuming rune is somehow any more powerful than the passively activated transfix that you can wait for them to hit while totally on balance yourself? Still not following. 
  • @Xith: "Wait for them to hit" is exactly it. There are a lot of ways to mitigate runes, evade being one of the most obvious, by having control over when you hit it. As an offensive skill, it may be a bit different.

That said, saying you'll recover balance/equilibrium on a suggested ability that currently doesn't exist before someone can writhe out of transfix is a fallacy. For all we know, Tecton could get really drunk and make it cost 1d6 hours of balance time just to hardcore troll runelorists!
  • Why. This brings nothing, it isn't going to happen.
  • As was already mentioned, the ability to combine this with totem propping is a little absurd, and you do already have raido, which is one of the best anti-bashing-gank abilities in the game.
  • Just lol

• Jovolo said:
    Why. This brings nothing, it isn't going to happen.
    I think it brings a lot of things, you draw some runes and activate them to better fight those classes who BW into the room or evade into the room. It's just another strategy to use in those cases and is situation. As most of Shaman abilities are.
  • Why do you need to transfix people who blackwind/astralform into a room, or evade into a room when those abilities are specifically designed to not activate ground runes? With the same logic, you could have just asked for ground runes to activate when an enemy enters the room regardless of how they enter it rather than introduce an entirely new function.
    The main thing is that they don't activate the runes passively, taking balance (and equilibrium even). They evade in and get attacks off. There's no difference with Magi transfix.
  • @Achimrst: It would be situational if it only worked on Necromancers, Occultists, Serpents and Blademasters, but that wouldn't be the case. It's not just a new tool to deal with people who have specific abilities designed, in part, to avoid runes, it's a new - and in some cases extremely powerful - tool for use against absolutely everybody. One that I just don't see a need for.
  • Man having an activate on choice Nairat, Isaz, Tiwaz, Dagaz would be so funny and overpowered. No way this'll happen though.