One vs One Logs

Not quite sure if this is a good idea but presenting - a thread for "1 vs 1" combat logs. Speaking as someone with a lot to learn without that many avenues to learn from, I think a thread like this might come in handy.

Purpose - 
  • teach/learn/ask questions
  • post casual logs
I've started experimenting with a "fraps" take on logs, since this gives a more accurate scope of timeframe, etc.

Runewarden vs. Monk(Micaelis)

Is this an unavoidable death situation? - Enfeeble/Axekick(Nemutaur)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• Hmm. That's really hard to see, but it looked like you hit guarding and then got double broke immediately into enfeeble/bbt.

Keep track of your limbs and don't target if you know you're set up.

Also, don't realistically be able to 1v1 someone who knows what they're doing, is high level, and has a large pile of artefacts. And is a monk. They can handle anything anyone throws at them and have the capability to kill pretty much every class.

• edited November 2013
    Hugalaz, at least, before Disembowel. Thurisaz once, maybe twice, as well. Did I see falcon?

Lunge is your Purity/Arc followup.

As for defense.. try playing with pre-applying restoration to legs. A long lost art, from back when monks were truly overpowered. Maybe consider a clause in your curing:

if health >80% and legs = broken and prone = true then healthsip = false
    elseif enfeeble or bbt or health < 80% then sip health eat moss end

I can't code, use the proper shit. Also, the fuck, you use Nexus?

Edit: That shit's confusing. Basically, if prone/broken, don't sip if you can tank a BBT. Wait for Enfeeble or BBT before sip/moss.

To delay the prep, try using curare/xentio, or epseth/epteth + nairat. The venoms will break combos, while the cold will extend balance recovery and prevent guarding and dodging. They can only cure one or the other.

Uruz on ground, wunjo/nairat adjacent. I'd say isaz, but can't use wunjo/nairat while keeping opponent enemied.
  • That looks like Mudlet with a nexus compass GUI.

Also thanks this thread is exactly the sort of thing I have been looking for.
  • Two line prompt, only ~40 lines on screen, not gagging any command echos, and 5+ lines for balance recovery. I hate your setup!

Looks like you don't have runeblades versus Micaelis, unless you gag them completely or something.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • @Rom: Doh, that was derpy on my end. The runeblades faded recently without me noticing since I don't pay attention to Hugalaz procs as opposed to Nairat procs. Also, kinda reliant on coloured echoes(Dance, Dance Revolution with a keyboard).

@Mizik: I couldn't use Hugalaz/runes because the room was pre-flooded. I think Isaz is the better choice since it silently strips levitation, a pretty good counter against flyers. Not sure about the coding end, hmm - in disembowelling situations, I think it's a recipe for disaster.

Also, tested out epteth/epteth with Nairat runeblades vs right arm/left leg true parry - Log

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited November 2013
    Cool idea. This was from about 3 months ago (maybe more) of Corr vs. me. (Corr's point of view)

Will try to figure out how to record myself and not be so blurry - youtube too... dropbox sucks.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Ah ha! Sometime I can frontload alot of logs in if I can ever figure out how to get mudlet to log more than like the first hour im on.

http://pastebin.com/LsDdZw3z

Found one.. but couldn't figure out how to get color with it! Darns

• FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey

Caladbolg said:

Speaking of which, how DO you guys get the awesome color logs?
  • KuyKuy
    edited December 2013
    Highlight, right click, copy as HTML, paste it to pastehtml.com or logsty.

There's a screen dump script for mudlet on the forums, and SVO can log HTML for you, too, I think
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Caladbolg said:

Athrax wasn't using his falcon. Also, were you in Mir?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

Caladbolg said:

Athrax wasn't using his falcon. Also, were you in Mir?
    1. (3980h|100%)(3200m|98%)(18781e|99%|15195w|99%)(10S)(nil)(nil)(Athrax)
    2. Athrax's eyes rage with fury.
    3. (3980h|100%)(3200m|98%)(18781e|99%|15200w|100%)(10S)(nil)(nil)(Athrax)
    4. You have recovered equilibrium. (2.64s)
    5. (3980h|100%)(3200m|98%)(18781e|99%|15200w|100%)(10S)(nil)(nil)(Athrax)
    6. Resolving to move as water, you enter the Mir stance.
    7. (3980h|100%)(3200m|98%)(18781e|99%|15200w|100%)(10S)(mir)(nil)(Athrax)

I have my stance saved on my prompt.

• Does Mir offer some damage reduction at the cost of lower attack speed? Kinda surprised you were able to tank through Athrax's artied runewarden damage.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Mir is huge damage reduction.
  • Mir's pretty hefty damage reduction, as far as I know. Not sure what the tradeoff on it is.
  • Either 20 or 25% increase in attack balance and about 10% reduction in damage (of your attacks).
    edited December 2013
    I think it was closer to 15% last time I tested it but I have been dormant awhile.

And normally I can tank everything except curare/prefarar spam. or lunge spam.

But level 2 sip ring helps alot

Also I think I might've been runed. If I remember correctly I earringed to draqoom to use dunathar thought I was in a tower dashed down found lord z said oh shit dashed up he chased and me and draqoom died.

If that's the case I should've been runed since it was the great hunt.

Edit: Had to have at least a Jera my health isn't normally that high.
    Edit: I also have 51% cutting resistance on my ringmail!

• Versus Nemutaur(ow) :

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• You don't need to break arms to stop parry and guarding. You have nairat, epteth, epseth, isaz and delphinium, while he combo's significantly slower than you DSL.

The rest was pretty okay, though. You need two arm breaks on a Monk for your strategy of course. Put paralysis > impatience in your curing instead of the other way around. Don't waste time with curare/something. Sketch Hugalaz more regularly to increase pressure and to bluff about when you may or may not be going for breaks. (Too easy to telegraph otherwise.)
  • Versus Nemutaur(ow) :
    Man ok so the tumble remove armour strat almost worked, I guess Algiz got in the way.
  • Yus, I was looking at the after moss prompt line for some reason. If it weren't for the Algiz, that would have been a 100+% BBT.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Infernal(Roroan) versus runewarden(Exelethril) - Click

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited January 2014
    Would have gotten vivi'ed if he went for 3 limb prep with frenzy.  Also he didn't even parry a leg.
  • Yah, he shifted parry to his arm for vigour while prone, I think. Still, definitely not the best idea.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Maldaathi house duel, Rakon VS Aepas. Won that one, but I think Aepas was missing some venoms and possible messed up his limb count. 

I'll post two against Naah later, after I clean up the spamming. Lost twice, won once. 
  • edited January 2014
    Kinda tempted to go Infernal for vivisect with frenzy but RP loyalty/commitments are in the way. An arm, arm, leg prep without having to bother with bypassing leg parry or torso damage is kinda nice and quick.

Edit : Gravehands are really handy too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Can't use Ghands against city mates. :( 
  • @Exelethril make an alt, yo. You can succeed with Infernal with barely 2.5 skills transcended. May aswell taste it.

Of course, only noobs get vivisected.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    My contribution to this thread: Vivisect is hot *swoons*  :x
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I guess Jurixe is the one that ordered ribs. :D Fine by me!