commissioned GUIs

13»

Comments

• Is there any documentation on how I could get started (When I have the opportunity) or a template I could download as an example? I'm very interested in the channel/chat capturing, the map and the borders.
  • Documentation on how to do this in Mudlet? Yes, it's all where the documentation is (manual in the wiki).
  • edited November 2013
    @Jovolo

I still haven't made a background, and a lot was just changed, so it could be a little cleaner. But here you go, if it helps!

Here's my UI currently:
    (look at the bottom of the UI script for samples for sending chat and updating the bars)

Here's the room items tracker:

Here's the room window updating script:

Here's the char sheet updating:

Also, these four pages I found useful when starting:

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • These are amazing. Better start saving for credits again.
  • edited November 2013
    @Zulah I summon thee...

How much would you charge just for a background image? The UI would be mine, I just need images (and I'm not quite done with my UI, but almost!).

I would want four images, if possible. One background for each side (left/right), and one overlay for each, primarily transparent with the same dimensions as the background, to give borders to the UI boxes, making the whole thing seamless.

Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I don't know if it'd help, but you can make transparent labels and then use QT to make borders around the transparent labels. Also, you can make a label behind a miniconsole (or another label I suppose) and use QT to radius the corners or something. Just make the bg label 5px or so bigger on all sides (so +10 to height and width) and you've got instant borders around your elements.

Not as pretty as Zulah's stuff, but it works.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Very nice guis. You have me brainstorming!
  • Jovolo said:

Is there any documentation on how I could get started (When I have the opportunity) or a template I could download as an example? I'm very interested in the channel/chat capturing, the map and the borders.

there is a geyser ui template on the mudlet forum

• edited November 2013
    Jonathin said:
    I don't know if it'd help, but you can make transparent labels and then use QT to make borders around the transparent labels. Also, you can make a label behind a miniconsole (or another label I suppose) and use QT to radius the corners or something. Just make the bg label 5px or so bigger on all sides (so +10 to height and width) and you've got instant borders around your elements.

Not as pretty as Zulah's stuff, but it works.
    I appreciate the thought. My script is actually set up so I could do that easily, I tried it, but I saw Zulah's and decided I wanted to try and make it look better... then ended up discarding that idea for now and blending it in with the black background.

@Zulah: disregard my previous question for now, I'll catch you later on that, I'm going to go with what I have. Besides, you look busy. :p
  • @Zulah ... I just have to say OMG! These are some very sexy GUI's.

You've got me thinking about commissioning one from you already, I have to think on what I'd like though, so I'll get back to you once I have an idea.

I also want to wait until I get my new monitor first!

I'd trade the boyfriend for one but he'll likely want one himself being a fellow Achaean. Once he sees them.

so, I totally have to get one first! :p

Elaina x

• @Zulah These are simply amazing, and I would definitely love to purchase one.
  • edited January 2014
    This almost makes me want to get into Mudlet. I wouldn't know where to even begin trying to do anything even remotely close to this with MUSHclient. -.-
  • Garadross said:

This almost makes me want to get into Mudlet. I wouldn't know where to even begin trying to do anything even remotely close to this with MUSHclient. -.-

I'll teach you how to start making MUSHclient better.

Throw it away.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Oh no you did NOT JUST DISS MY MUSHCLIENT.

@GARADROSS YOU DO YOU OKAY MUSHCLIENT FTW

F U @KUY

• Hasar said:

Oh no you did NOT JUST DISS MY MUSHCLIENT.

@GARADROSS YOU DO YOU OKAY MUSHCLIENT FTW

F U @KUY

No wonder you're so good at fighting in retardation in groups.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • edited January 2014
    Trevize said:
    @Jovolo

I still haven't made a background, and a lot was just changed, so it could be a little cleaner. But here you go, if it helps!

Here's my UI currently:
    (look at the bottom of the UI script for samples for sending chat and updating the bars)

May I use your script too??? please??  

And is there a place to find all the gmpc commands that are available?

<<I am a total newb at this>>

Edit: Zulah, your guis are amazing!  I <3 the images.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Thank you! <3
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited January 2014
    Averi said:
    Trevize said:
    @Jovolo

Here's my UI currently:

May I use your script too??? please??  

And is there a place to find all the gmpc commands that are available?

<<I am a total newb at this>>

Edit: Zulah, your guis are amazing!  I <3 the images.
    If I post it, anyone can use it. Never really cared much for exclusivity.

edit: that room items tracker is horribly outdated. I've fixed a ton of problems with it. Hm. Only problem is I broke it into a few different scripts for ease of editing. May post up later. When I get a break from this work stuff.
  • @Ourania Well, you can still give him a crown or two in order to get a nice Gui with your picture on it, and meters for your essence. And an heretic tracker that reports the location of all Order enemies and Targossians live. That could be worth it.

• You could totally make that a reality with Mudlet as well
  • Siduri said:
    @Ourania Well, you can still give him a crown or two in order to get a nice Gui with your picture on it, and meters for your essence. And an heretic tracker that reports the location of all Order enemies and Targossians live. That could be worth it.
    That changes with the phase of the moon!

Also, set up a 'zap random order member' button, a 'fling random person in the moon to the room' button, and a 'disorient' button that, every 15 seconds for the next 10 minutes, moves your target to a random room a few rooms away with no warning and no message.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Trevize @Ourania Can I have the disorient button? Just for funzies? I'll only use it like, twice. and NEVER in combat, I swears.
  • I love how pretty these GUIs are!

Hmm...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Ourania said:
    *looks at my plain black mudlet* Yes... Well... I'm a god :P But I really want swirly orbs... But seriously, these are beautiful. They add another dimension into the immersion of MUDs.
    *titter*
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.