Why Gods are awesome.

The Divine voice of Scarlatti echoes in your head, "How about a wager, then? An honest roll between
us."

You tell Scarlatti, the Great Bard, "I would consider it a great honour."

The Divine voice of Scarlatti echoes in your head, "Should you triumph, you shall owe Me an artwork
of your choosing, and if you stand as victor, you shall earn My favour."

The Divine voice of Scarlatti echoes in your head, "Fair?"

You tell Scarlatti, the Great Bard, "More than fair, aye."

On the edge of a mist-shrouded lagoon.
Shimmering from the trees, a string of azure tea light lanterns flickers, the lights reflected on
the lagoon waters.  Scarlatti, the Great Bard is here, an attending harmonic shrouding His presence
in sublime resonance. He wields a crystalline master painter's palette in His left hand and a golden
lyre in His right.
There are no obvious exits.
You are transported by the power of the Divine.

With a flourish of His arm, Scarlatti bows deeply.

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "We shall use your die, so you know My roll is fair and true."

Scarlatti grins mischievously at you.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You roll the dice and as they tumble to a stop you see that one shows a 3 and the other a 3.

Scarlatti assumes a casual posture, nodding in approval.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says to you, "An even hand, not bad."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says to you, "When was the last time you gambled with a God?"

You say in a hallowed voice, "Not since the Messenger still walked among us."

You say in a hallowed voice, "He really didn't like it when Hugo beat Him at blackjack."

Scarlatti nods in understanding, His expression saddened despite a grin.

Your fingers glide over the face of a tattoo resembling an Ace of Spades and it glows brightly, the
outline of the Ace highlighted with a gold light.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says to you, "I built an entire theatre to one up Him, hundreds of years
ago now."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "It was the Year 350 celebrations."

You say in a hallowed voice, "I remember that, yes. I believe that was before I joined His order."

Scarlatti nods His head emphatically.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "That was when He established bookies. Cost Me a pretty penny to
retain the orchestra, but couldn't let Him hog all the attention."

Scarlatti chuckles long and heartily.

Scarlatti holds out His hand, rubbing His fingers together.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says to you, "My turn to roll, I believe?"

You give a pair of ivory dice to Scarlatti.

Using the small amount of knowledge as a Seeker in the Gambling God's clan, you manoeuvre a gambling
chip marred with char marks over your knuckles with a nervous look on your face.

Scarlatti blows lightly on the dice, keeping them where you can see them at all times.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "Don't fail Me now, Brother."

You watch as Scarlatti rolls a pair of ivory dice. They come to rest with one showing a 1 and the
other a 3.

You chuckle long and heartily.

Resonant laughter marks the Great Bard's amusement, His rich baritone subsiding to meld with the
lingering harmonic.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "Looks like His shade is still watching over you, in His way."

Scarlatti gives a pair of ivory dice to you.

You smile and say in a hallowed voice, "Luck favours the prepared."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "I like to tell My followers."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "The more you practice, the luckier at music you get."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You say in a hallowed voice, "An excellent credo."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says to you, "Your reward, then, and where shall I return you to?"

You say in a hallowed voice, "You can put me somewhere interesting. I'm in the mood for a bit of
excitement."

You grip your sides and chortle madly.

You say in a hallowed voice, "...as long as it's not Bad Luck Burrow."

You shiver violently.

Resonant laughter marks the Great Bard's amusement, His rich baritone subsiding to meld with the
lingering harmonic.

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "Are you a dragon, lad?"

You say in a hallowed voice, "No, but slowly climbing the ranks."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "I'll spare you from Ageiro then."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "I'll send you where it all started, then. The first chapter of that
bloody battle. In memory of Him."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard says, "Walk in song."

Scarlatti, the Great Bard has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for
approximately 3 Achaean months.

You say in a hallowed voice, "Thank you, M'Lord."

Centre of Caer Witrin town plaza.
There are 5 blood-stained chunks of marble here. Shedding its glorious luminescence, a lightweaving
of a female white dragon is suspended here. The pale countenance of the Lord Bard stands here,
filling the room with whispers of creations yet to be made. Iridescent flames flare magnificent and
bold from an elegant celestite torch planted here. A Caer Witrin villager kneels at the edge of the
unfinished mosaic, carefully placing tiles. A tiny 'loves-me-not' flower bobs its head gently in the
wind.
You see exits leading northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, and northwest.

You are transported by the power of the Divine.

It's little things like this that make this game so great at times.  Honestly, with how much time and effort I put into the Order when Hermes was still around, this meant a very great deal to me.  So this is an indirect thank you to those Gods who do things like this.  I just felt I needed to share it.

Comments

• I haven't had the opportunity to interact with Scarlatti in a while since I haven't been to Cyrene in a hot minute (and have even less occasion to do so at the moment considering), but man, I always loved it when I did (the few times that I did) and I was always vaguely jealous of the people in his order for what I feel is good reason.

Good stuff and thanks for sharing.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.