Bard Combat - tips/strategies/logs

2»

Comments

• Tesha said:
    People can just walk away when you stick something and are ready to finish. Jhui and Mizik used to just fly against me. The problem was, for me, the only thing that would prevent them from leaving was tremolo and that sacrificed herb momentum. No way I was going to add limb damage to the crazy mix of complications, so I changed class!
    If that makes bard combat unviable against good opponents, then so is combat as an apostate or serpent.
  • Iocun said:
    Tesha said:
    People can just walk away when you stick something and are ready to finish. Jhui and Mizik used to just fly against me. The problem was, for me, the only thing that would prevent them from leaving was tremolo and that sacrificed herb momentum. No way I was going to add limb damage to the crazy mix of complications, so I changed class!
    If that makes bard combat unviable against good opponents, then so is combat as an apostate or serpent.
    Apostate at least has gravehands and daemonite to help hinder.

• edited November 2013
    Sidonia said:
    Anedhel said:
    Bashing's not great, but not unworkable.
    #-o bard bashing is good even with a borderline rapier. Get a great weapon and arties and it's phenomenal
    Weeeeeell, for me to consider a class' bashing capabilities as above-average, I'd say they need to be phenomenal WITHOUT a great weapon and arties. Most classes are phenomenal with great weapons and arties, that's kind of the point of them :/

ETA: That's not to say bard bashing isn't good. But compared to the stronger bashing classes out there, it falls more towards the middle of the pack, I would think.
  • edited November 2013
    Anedhel said:
    Weeeeeell, for me to consider a class' bashing capabilities as above-average, I'd say they need to be phenomenal WITHOUT a great weapon and arties. Most classes are phenomenal with great weapons and arties, that's kind of the point of them :/
    They need to be phenomenal to be above average? Don't mind me then, I'll be over here in reality where above average means above average and phenomenal means phenomenal.  :>

Jokes aside, I get what you're saying but I disagree. Bard has pretty great damage output even with 12 str/12 int, not to mention cantata and dwinnu which mean your dps basically never stops. Defensively they're not runewardens, but with tune and a couple of harms it's not bad (continuo is like having 3 boar tattoos all working at once).
  • edited November 2013
    Edit: Nevermind. I'm too tired to explain.
  • It is way past your bedtime, Annie.

• I <3 bard hunting.  It's not as tanky but like when you have hallelujah, continuo, dwinnu and cantata, hunting high affliction denizens is awesome.  In addition, you can help the rest of the team, not just you, not die without actually paying much attention to them.  And you can take like people who don't have curing to hunt places that need curing because hallelujah is awesome.  

But on the other hand, leather armour + tune ==> still not really that tanky.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Tesha Not everyone fights so defensively that they run 10 rooms away every time they think they could possibly be in danger, that isn't fun to most of us, and isn't fun to fight against.

• Pre-traits nerf Horkval, Bard was the best bashing in the game.

Cantata
    Dwinnu
    No drains

Could bash forever and can clear Annwyn twice as fast as Monk. Literally.

Now shit hurts.
  • FASTER than monk you say? Hmmmmmm....
  • Shield + Fairy Ladies
  • Sidhe bashing as bard was so good... cantata dwinnu mmmmm

• XerXer Langley
    Yeah, Dwinnu lets me be more reckless in taking on Sidhe because I can always get out of ropes to run away. Don't Cantata at an inopportune time though, or else you'll be stuck roped while they wail on you and kill you >.>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I jus tank them regardless. @xer u slacking.
  • edited November 2013
    Dunn's right, not worth it.

i'm a rebel

• What is the best way to use the balances? I've noticed that if I don't have EQ, I literally cannot do anything, and it's about 3.5 seconds for me to recover it with a gigue up. Voice and limb aren't that bad, but I find it difficult to imbue combat with the helpful harmonics, such as percussia and minute.

I am stuck standing there for 3.5 seconds, and it takes even longer for percussia to go off, which sometimes will break both arms, but no legs, or one arm and nothing else and stun for .5 seconds. It's a rather frustrating harmonic to work with, since it has so much potential and I just can't figure out how to get here.
  • Percussia doesn't break anything. It does around 1s stun to deaf enemies, double that to undeaf enemies, and ~50% chance to prone them regardless of deaf or undeaf.
  • @Strata Scarlatti is a God. Good luck with Divine class leads.

@kafziel Ahh, that makes a lot more sense.

@Daeir I do, though that's after my jabs.
  • Llyweith said:

@Strata Scarlatti is a God. Good luck with Divine class leads.

@kafziel Ahh, that makes a lot more sense.

@Daeir I do, though that's after my jabs.

You don't want to use auralbless hardly at all (don't use it after every jab). That will make you able to attack much faster. You should also most likely start out without using percussia. It is a very situational harmonic that can be used for small little tricks; it isn't a necessary component of bard offense and is difficult to make use of in most situations because of the long equilibrium.

Minuet is something you just play once and then forget about, so its equilibrium shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't get used when it's played. It gets used later.