Sometimes I'm bored and want to script stuff

JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
edited October 2012 in Curing Systems and Scripts
For Mudlet
But I don't know what to script. Right now I'm working on an IH target script that uses GMCP (I had to start over because instead of clicking new folder, I clicked delete ><).

When I'm finished with this script, I won't have anything to write so I'm looking for ideas or requests* to keep me occupied in my down time. Please note- I don't do GUI stuff, I hate working with GUIs. I also will not write a curing, bashing, or any other kind of 'system', I just don't have the patience for it. I like to write little scripts that make things easier. Most of you know me from the old forums and the kinds of things I like to write, so try to stick to those kinds of things.

Basically, my hope is to flood these new forums and become as prolific for little scripts as I was on the old forums.

*-I am terrible with actual requests. I will not be charging anything for these scripts, but if you want to donate for the cause when the script is finished, I won't stop you.
I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.

Comments

• Not that I actually have a suggestion.  But I came from playing Dragonrealms, where you have to ... you know ... actually WORK at a skill to improve it, so I oddly often miss scripting and writing scripts.   *sniff

So um, yeah.  Good luck, you've got my support and stuff.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited October 2012
    Aww.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited October 2012
    @Idelisa: What is this I don't even
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Idelisa said:
    Not that I actually have a suggestion.  But I came from playing Dragonrealms, where you have to ... you know ... actually WORK at a skill to improve it, so I oddly often miss scripting and writing scripts.   *sniff

So um, yeah.  Good luck, you've got my support and stuff.
    I did like that system in DR, and remember it well. I never did "get into" DR as I was already a fairly big Gem player, but that was one of the differences about DR which I liked a lot.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Well, this thread has definitely been productive.
  • Just a suggestion, but if you like scripting and are looking for a challenge, have you considered doing some of the HTML5 client stuff?  Seems to be a new frontier.
  • Well, I do have a question, or you can help me make it... better. I have an extraction script that works off of SVO and I'm kinda twitchy about it working with SVO, I'd rather it actually work without it. 

This is... the basis of what I have: 
      if gmcp.Room.Info.environment == "Natural underground" and sulphex == true then svo.doadd("extract sulphur") else end

how would I change the svo stuff to create a queue of some sort?
    meh

Actually, I have a GMCP extraction script on my website. It's pretty simple and easily modified too. I don't think all of the possible environments are there and for it to automatically extract everything you have to have autoextract on (which only extracts when you walk).
    and @Aoklin I don't really want to learn a whole new client, sorry!
  • @Jonathin yeah, it doesn't have all of the areas and you have it specify that only one prime can be extracted from certain areas and now you can extract all three primes from... Natural underground, constructed underground, mountains, and magma caves.
    meh

Oh, looks like its due for an update then!
  • Well if you need help with it, I'll offer to help and such!
    meh

• A script that keeps dragon breath summoned while in dragon form would be wonderful, if you come across some extra time to code it.

edited October 2012
    I actually have one for Zmud on my site (which I could adapt to Mudlet), although I have no idea if it works. If you could PM me the lines needed, if it takes balance or eq, and any and all relevant information I could probably whip something up after I finish this GMCP IH target script and then the forging script someone asked me to make.
  • edited October 2012
    I second the forging script request, as it would be greatly appreciated! :)

ETA: If you need lines or anything, just shoot me a PM.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

Fortunately, I have all the lines and have a table of the comms needed already made. I just have to get around to finishing up the structure and adding the functions to the triggers/aliases.
  • As a previous requester of scripts something about a thumbs up. The extraction script is still working fine for me, I just had to add magma caves as an extractable location. But yeah, would totally request again!
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Idelisa Has DR gotten any worse since the inception of DR platinum?
  • edited October 2012
    Daslin said:
    @Idelisa Has DR gotten any worse since the inception of DR platinum?
    @Daslin I will message you since Jonathin is grumpy.
  • One thing that I'd like to see is an improved Pacts script. I use the original, but its count is almost always wrong and doesn't take into account PACT END <x>. I would make this myself if I wasn't trying to learn my own gui.
    Okie dokie. If I'm still having issues with the GMCP IH targeter, I'll say f it and move onto the forging.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why that script was having so many issues for other people. I'll import it later and take a look.
  • edited October 2012

I can recommend Mosr's scripts!
    edited October 2012
    Sorry that I couldn't get that vibe countown thing working properly for you, @Triak. I feel bad, but I just couldn't get Geyser to cooperate properly. :(

That being said, I'd be more than happy to share the script I have now. It uses a userWindow though, but you can click to dampen and click to embed.
  • Weather tracking please. Specifically I want to raise my hood in snow and heavy rain, have it lowered in clear weather and inside buildings. Tell me what info you need for this.
    edited November 2012
    I can probably come up with something.

1) Finish GMCP thing. 95%
    2) Dragon Breath
    3) Update gathering script
    4) Forging
    5) Update pact script
    6) Weather tracking script. (May have to update before long because weather may be added to GMCP)
  • KuiKui Vancouver, Canada
    I'm desperately looking for a good limb counter for mudlet for monk class. Something that accounts for my knuckles, and is flexible to account for strength, stances, and could also work if I changed class. I've tried to do it myself but i get confused. I also work a lot and really dont have the time to learn to script.

Thanks in advance!
  • If you wouldn't mind sparing a few minutes to write/explain a simple gmcp "whats in the room script". I've tried and vaguely succeeded...then subsequently broke my attempt to create one with out gmcp. This did not get much better as I cannot work out how to call the gmcp.Char.Items.List thingy and get anything at all out of it. Please help. (My goal was to create a mini console which housed what items/denizens were in the room. And it worked...for a short time.)
    edited February 2013
    Check out this thread: clicky

The room items value is shared with the inventory value, so if you request your inventory, it'll overwrite the stuff in the room. You just have to loop through the table and echo it to your miniconsole.
  • Jonathin said:
    For Mudlet
    But I don't know what to script. Right now I'm working on an IH target script that uses GMCP (I had to start over because instead of clicking new folder, I clicked delete ><).

When I'm finished with this script, I won't have anything to write so I'm looking for ideas or requests* to keep me occupied in my down time. Please note- I don't do GUI stuff, I hate working with GUIs. I also will not write a curing, bashing, or any other kind of 'system', I just don't have the patience for it. I like to write little scripts that make things easier. Most of you know me from the old forums and the kinds of things I like to write, so try to stick to those kinds of things.

Basically, my hope is to flood these new forums and become as prolific for little scripts as I was on the old forums.

*-I am terrible with actual requests. I will not be charging anything for these scripts, but if you want to donate for the cause when the script is finished, I won't stop you.
    I want a stormhammer script for when I wtfesplode three people at once in group combat. Plz.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    would like a falcon observe script that announces the targets (or enemy list) health (useful when sniping).