Public Ouroboros

Probably gonna be rejected, but I'll just throw this out here. I'm sure I'm not the only rogue magi out there, and the class is really one of the most heavily penalized classes for being houseless. If you don't have a House, you have access to neither an MC nor Ouroboros.

I can understand paying for the crystals, I can even understand buying them off other people like any other expendable resource like curatives. Understandably an edge must be given to those who join an org, but at 200 gold per enchantment, that cost racks up something ridiculous. Most of the time our 'tradeskill' becomes reduced to a 'personal sigil factory'. Just for yourself because you sure as hell can't do them in bulk and it's not even worth trying to do something that has to be done in bulk like meteors.

Can we not have it changed to offer a 'per hour' rental as an alternative to an individual enchantment fee? I appreciate the option of paying 200 just to do a fresh necklace of purity and then maybe a 5000 per day hourly rate for doing things in bulk.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Is there a public crystal and stuff in Tasurke?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Not a public MC, there's a denizen that sells them but last I checked the (Crown) Merchants (Collective) was undercutting her on that anyway at much cheaper prices.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ah.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2013
    Allira, the crystal refiner says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
    diamond27830 a shimmering crystal diamond 100 100gp
    disc35000 an opaque crystal disc 100 200gp
    pentagon44249 a milky crystal pentagon 100 100gp
    spiral70728 a dark crystal spiral 100 150gp
    egg71795 a crystal egg 100 100gp
    cube79925 a crystal cube 100 150gp
    polyhedron102934 a sharply angled crystal polyhedron 100 150gp
    sphere120486 a perfect crystal sphere 100 100gp
    cylinder120578 a cylindrical crystal 100 150gp
    torus130222 a finely sculpted crystal torus 100 100gp
    pyramid135062 a pyramid carved of crystal 100 150gp
    wand206780 a slender wand 20 3500gp
    To buy something, BUY FROM Allira.
  • What are the wands even used for?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited December 2013
    You can enchant them with fire/ice walls and firelash I think. But nobody hardly anybody does it because of how fruity it is. That, or it's just more expedient to use rings/gloves. I'm not sure if wands need to be wielded.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Skye said:

You can enchant them with fire/ice walls and firelash I think. But nobody hardly anybody does it because of how fruity it is. That, or it's just more expedient to use rings/gloves. I'm not sure if wands need to be wielded.

they need to be wielded
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited December 2013
    Skye said:

Wands should be enchantable with stormhammer.

On topic, I'm no magi, but I concur completely with Skye's argument, and thought that way for ages.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • It's bullshit. 200 per meteor arrow is a huge dent in finances.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Should get a Project Kyrra in your city.

• Tharvis said:

Skye said:

they need to be wielded
    wp wand
    A slender wand has the following venoms or magical effects on it:
    Icewall

point wand nw
    You raise your hands dramatically and summon an icewall to the northwest.

ii wielding
    You aren't wielding anything in either hand.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Kafziel said:

Tharvis said:

Skye said:

they need to be wielded
    wp wand
    Icewall

point wand nw

ii wielding
    okay guess I was wrong! :P
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Achilles said:

Skye said:

Probably gonna be rejected, but I'll just throw this out here. I'm sure I'm not the only rogue magi out there, and the class is really one of the most heavily penalized classes for being houseless. If you don't have a House, you have access to neither an MC nor Ouroboros.

This applies to every Refugee/Targossian Magi for the past RL year.
    Hi :)
  • Kafziel said:

Tharvis said:

Skye said:

they need to be wielded
    wp wand
    Icewall

point wand nw

ii wielding
    Well, you can use the wands while they're in your pockets, but do you really want to risk a firelash coming out right next of your private parts?
  • Iocun said:

Kafziel said:

Tharvis said:

Skye said:

they need to be wielded
    wp wand
    Icewall

point wand nw

ii wielding
    Well, you can use the wands while they're in your pockets, but do you really want to risk a firelash coming out right next of your private parts?
    That reminds me of a demotivator from several years back.

VOCABULARY
    Having one on the internet makes you more hated than a pedophile with a flamethrowing dick

• Serpents are less penalized than Magis on this matter, since Milking is like... 1/90 of Venoms, and we Transecrete everything anyway. Buuut... our fighters have to buy their venoms from outside sources because of this, while we look at them and just shrug helplessly. Must be pretty much the same feeling for all our magis who're asked to provide sigils and enchantments.

• @Siduri Not having enchanting rooms makes one complete skillset useless. Well not really, but it's expensive to maintain it.

• Well they sunk Shallam and then sunk the Shadowsnakes' estate... it's almost like they're trying to create a need for trade and interaction between people.

Highly suspicious.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • So I think the fact that Enchantment will be separated from Magi hopefully by next Logosmas... means everyone will basically be a public enchanter and the whole thing will be less housing dependent.

I'd actually suggest just skipping a step and either adding multiple enchantment rooms and keeping the cost of 200 (5 meteors at a time with Medallion is only 40 gold per meteor), and/or adding private enchantment, forging, milking upgrades for personal housing.

Has the added advantage of making private houses relevant for than just inscribing Harlot Tarot.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Well portable forges means you can forge outside of public rooms now too. I'd be looking forward to seeing more artifacts like this and perhaps housing upgrades. Is there any real difference between a House upgrade and a housing alternative?

• I'd love a housing upgrade for the different trade skills

• Yeah should probably be housing upgrades instead of portable enchantment. Either way works though since logically you could perform an enchantment ritual anywhere or squeeze your fangs into a vial anywhere. Forging is the debatable one, ironically. You sort of need a forge for that.
  • Xith said:

Yeah should probably be housing upgrades instead of portable enchantment. Either way works though since logically you could perform an enchantment ritual anywhere or squeeze your fangs into a vial anywhere. Forging is the debatable one, ironically. You sort of need a forge for that.

You need the Ouroborosesesses thought.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • They said multiclass was at least a year out, and tradeskills has to happen before that can be done. I'm guessing Vastar/Azatlan is within the next couple of months and I think there are still some classleads from this round? Not sure what else. Probably more newbie fixes.

The hugest thing is the skills each tradeskill is replaced with and the rebalancing therein. Depending on where Magi are in line, I guess it could be a while...

But since this has been a problem for rogue Magi since before houses had to claim classes, and hasn't been helped yet, I don't know if they'll bother fixing it.