Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see blackjacks / Bop replaced with court jester sceptres.

marotte is a prop stick or sceptre with a carved head on it. The word is borrowed from the French, where it signifies either a fool's (literal) "bauble", or a fad/craze.

Typically carried by a jester or harlequin, the miniature head will often reflect the costume of the jester who carries it.

imageimageimageimage

• Yeah.. I wouldn't enjoy that change. Might as well give me a baby doll head taped to a stick.
  • I think ether disrupt should be changed just for the reason that the user will stay isolated for a time. Maybe at least allow limited actions while disrupting or just change it altogether.

I don't think the skill itself is justified to be ranked high near transcendent as well.

• Kaie said:
    Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    @Katzchen Do you actually read posts before replying to them, or are those wandering eyes flitting back and forth too bad for you to focus on lines of text? I just pointed out the fact if you fly normally, you lose balance and simply get hit by a triggered tentacle tattoo. I guess, we could spend our days reflexing fly and tentacle. Also, @Xith, since I don't know any other jesters currently owning a shackle I have to assume you're calling me a "chicken shit". I find that to be really ironic since you're the mastermind who spent like 30 minutes trying to team me in Moghedu and crying over CT that you're being beat up. I believe that ended with you eventually running home to Ashtan and getting friendly with your city guards.. perhaps too friendly since they killed you soon after.
    I've been a jester and an alchemist and i have to say a jester with a shackle is the most overpowered thing in achaea. Unstripable flight that can be activated while prone, without balance is nuts. Giving alchemists the ability to put mass on an enemy is down right LOGICAL. Since its a freekin symbol already. An alchemist has no chance of beating a jester that uses this tactic what so ever. A jester still has like 17 ways of escaping without a shackle, Kaie you just dont wanna see it nerfed.  Sorry dude, but you still can utilize rubble + banana to tumble into a juggle throwed monolith. You have universe tarot card, you have hermit tarot card. Not to mention the ever hated earring and puppet travel. I would love to see LEAD get tweaked and be allowed to target enemies. It just makes sense
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    The problem with the setup for multislash and SoA in the example I gave, Bbt axk disembowel (finishers) are not effected by SoA because this would be kinda retarded.

By planning to use multislash in the same suitation SoA would need to not absorb multislash as well because it would be a finisher.

But when when your going for a kill against someone with an SoA you already know that it's going to be a bad idea to attempt to use it because if SoA eats more than one or two slashes your not likely to kill your target.

• Bluef said:

Kaie said:

Well, I'm not sure about the rest, but I think SoA functions appropriately. It's designed to give a chance to render an attack harmless. Limbs still get damaged as far as I know. Though if Multislash really is useless, maybe looking for ways to improve it without nerfing other things sounds like a good plan.

Correct: SoAs don't stop limb damage specifically. Some attacks just do more than one type of damage. In that case, the SoA will only block the first type. It may be that what's needed here is a secondary damage type on multislash. 

I don't think any attacks do more than one damage type. Only some denizens have this feature.

Even so, SoA has an equal chance to block all attacks, so long as they are either blunt or cutting and not on the 'finisher' list. It doesn't differentiate 'first or second'.

Though, by this rationale, any infused Multislash should bypass SoA, since typing changes to magic, ice, fire, lightning.

SoA just physical source? Is that even a thing?
  • Mizik said:
    Kaie said:
    Well, I'm not sure about the rest, but I think SoA functions appropriately. It's designed to give a chance to render an attack harmless. Limbs still get damaged as far as I know. Though if Multislash really is useless, maybe looking for ways to improve it without nerfing other things sounds like a good plan.
    Correct: SoAs don't stop limb damage specifically. Some attacks just do more than one type of damage. In that case, the SoA will only block the first type. It may be that what's needed here is a secondary damage type on multislash. 
    I don't think any attacks do more than one damage type. Only some denizens have this feature. Even so, SoA has an equal chance to block all attacks, so long as they are either blunt or cutting and not on the 'finisher' list. It doesn't differentiate 'first or second'. Though, by this rationale, any infused Multislash should bypass SoA, since typing changes to magic, ice, fire, lightning. SoA just physical source? Is that even a thing?
    I can confirm SoAs block all cutting/blunt from denizens regardless of it being first or second damage type in 'two type' denizen attacks. I've had it block both from denizens who do cutting+blunt, shows the block message twice.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Mizik said:
    Kaie said:
    I don't think any attacks do more than one damage type. Only some denizens have this feature. Even so, SoA has an equal chance to block all attacks, so long as they are either blunt or cutting and not on the 'finisher' list. It doesn't differentiate 'first or second'. Though, by this rationale, any infused Multislash should bypass SoA, since typing changes to magic, ice, fire, lightning. SoA just physical source? Is that even a thing?
    I can confirm SoAs block all cutting/blunt from denizens regardless of it being first or second damage type in 'two type' denizen attacks. I've had it block both from denizens who do cutting+blunt, shows the block message twice.
    Yeah, pretty sure that denizen attacks that do two damage types just count as two separate attacks for things like that, so the absorption chance would just be the usual 15% on each, with no correlation.
    Mizik said:
    Kaie said:
    If that was the case only the first slash would be unblockable since multislash only has the first of three slashes infused. since lolmultislash voidop

• Mizik said:

SoA just physical source? Is that even a thing?
    Is there actually a distinction between 'physical source' and 'magical source'? Can you have cutting-type damage that's 'magical source'? Is there any difference? I know for example Hailstorm is blunt-type damage, but the fact that it comes from a magi is irrelevant to how that damage is reduced by armour or resistance defenses; it's just blunt damage. Certain attacks have substantial resistance penetration, or will always bypass SOA, but that's a case-by-case thing.

There's some ambiguous phrasing in a few help files, like the Collar arties which "increase damage done to opponents from abilities that are magical in nature". But the list following the Collar listing in that help file just seems to comprise all PK attacks that deal non-physical damage (ie. magic-, cold-, fire-, asphyx-, electric-, and psychic-type damage). I always thought attacks were broken down into the nine damage types, and 'physical source'/'magical source' was not an actual modifier.
  • Damage type doesn't matter for the collar. For the most part, it just applies to anything boosted by intelligence. Thurisaz and star tarot are blunt (and thus physical) for example, and are affected by collars.
  • Caladbolg said:

The problem with the setup for multislash and SoA in the example I gave, Bbt axk disembowel (finishers) are not effected by SoA because this would be kinda retarded.

By planning to use multislash in the same suitation SoA would need to not absorb multislash as well because it would be a finisher.

But when when your going for a kill against someone with an SoA you already know that it's going to be a bad idea to attempt to use it because if SoA eats more than one or two slashes your not likely to kill your target.
    It's not an ability that's intended to be a finisher, it's just an attack that does damage; even if you're using it as part of some damage based kill strategy that doesn't make the ability itself a finisher.
  • edited December 2013
    Harmonious

Legs you understand languages (non-city) that are spoken.

I think I have used this harmonic a total of once.

I would love to see it work like Piety to give the Bard a better chance of keeping you in room, because outside of a lock or a tremololol spam our hindering is pretty negligible.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Atalkez I use it to troll people who don't know how it works and answer to conversations clearly not meant for my ears sometimes.

It can be amusing but it is pretty pointless.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    Antonius said:

Caladbolg said:

It's not an ability that's intended to be a finisher, it's just an attack that does damage; even if you're using it as part of some damage based kill strategy that doesn't make the ability itself a finisher.
    Right which is why I was suggesting it be made -into- a finisher because honestly who actually uses it anymore.

On this note. Shindo Health trans needs to be changed to a percentage instead of a set number. I just actually realized the more health I have the less tanky I am because of it's set health number and the amount of % based attacks in the game.

Same for Mana trans.

• edited January 2014
    Arditi said:

Shamelessly stolen idea: Add rooftops to urban areas, allow Serpents to swing up into them, people with wings to land on them, etc. You could even add totems up there to get @Kyrra's vote.

Basically, this is to make Noose usable in cities. Not that Noose will kill anyone, but hey, it's flavorful.

I've wanted this for years.

Make it so non-serpents (by giving serpents an ability that gives immunity) have a (relatively small) chance to slide off and land in the streets below if it's raining/snowing.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • RaynRayn thomasville
    edited January 2014
    give sylvans a skill that is viable for hunting "before" they dish out the 1290 lessons for viridian...
    maybe make them be able to double thornrend? dtrend=same as dstab, but with vines? ((they could have two vines going....))

she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • Rayn said:

give sylvans a skill that is viable for hunting "before" they dish out the 1290 lessons for viridian...
    maybe make them be able to double thornrend? dtrend=same as dstab, but with vines? ((they could have two vines going....))

Firelash was moved down a crazy amount already.

Also, if I do my math right, with the changes in credits for levels, you'll have enough to reach Viridian at level 65 - which is plenty low enough to be good with firelash up to there. This is assuming only level lessons/credits, and that you don't spend lessons in groves/concoctions.

Numbers if anyone cares, but I tossed a quick sheet in excel... 150 lessons to start, 5 per level, 5 bound credits at level 7, after that it's 4+level/5 for multiples of 5. (excel formula =IF(MOD(A4,5)=0,A4/5+4,0) - seems right?)

Level - Total Lessons
    5 - 165
    7 - 205
    10 - 256
    15 - 323
    20 - 396
    25 - 475
    30 - 560
    35 - 651
    40 - 748
    45 - 851
    50 - 960
    55 - 1075
    60 - 1196
    65 - 1323
    70 - 1456
    75 - 1595
    80 - 1740

I'm happy with the way things are now. :)
  • RaynRayn thomasville
    Trevize said:

Rayn said:

Firelash was moved down a crazy amount already.

Also, if I do my math right, with the changes in credits for levels, you'll have enough to reach Viridian at level 65 - which is plenty low enough to be good with firelash up to there. This is assuming only level lessons/credits, and that you don't spend lessons in groves/concoctions.

Numbers if anyone cares, but I tossed a quick sheet in excel... 150 lessons to start, 5 per level, 5 bound credits at level 7, after that it's 4+level/5 for multiples of 5. (excel formula =IF(MOD(A4,5)=0,A4/5+4,0) - seems right?)

Level - Total Lessons
    5 - 165
    7 - 205
    10 - 256
    15 - 323
    20 - 396
    25 - 475
    30 - 560
    35 - 651
    40 - 748
    45 - 851
    50 - 960
    55 - 1075
    60 - 1196
    65 - 1323
    70 - 1456
    75 - 1595
    80 - 1740

I'm happy with the way things are now. :)
    got mine at 62, with gifted credits, no conc/no groves, and bought credits, juuuust barely scraping by with 1290.... but thank you for the chart! I was wonering abou t all that stuff!
    she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • Trevize said:

I've wanted this for years.

Make it so non-serpents (by giving serpents an ability that gives immunity) have a (relatively small) chance to slide off and land in the streets below if it's raining/snowing.

Non-serpents, non-blademasters.

Lucaine Pyramides ran through Seleucarian rooftops, carrying a princess. While effortlessly dodging rain(or at least ran in a way that made sure the princess was never touched by a single raindrop.

Blademasters OP.

That being said, rooftop battles would be awesome(because Attack on Titan and other anime productions that feature rooftop fights).

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited January 2014
    Lucaine Pyramides can carry me across the rooftops any day. :x
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:

Lucaine Pyramides can carry me across the rooftops any day. :x

Agreed. Time spent running across rooftops is time spent not writing poetry.

• Expecting all blademasters to be capable of Lucaine's feats is like expecting all serpents to eat their siblings!
  • Iocun said:

Expecting all blademasters to be capable of Lucaine's feats is like expecting all serpents to eat their siblings!

You mean they don't?
  • Iocun said:

Expecting all blademasters to be capable of Lucaine's feats is like expecting all serpents to eat their siblings!

All serpents should get a dirk filled with poisonous acid.

• FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    I'd like to see alertness work while phased like it used to, before this unannounced change went in.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited January 2014
    I was told about ^ tonight. I don't understand why this change was made, and more importantly, why it wasn't announced. The whole point of phase + alertness is to better lie in wait for someone - now we'll have to squint (dir) x1000 to continuously check for our target instead? :/ Why was such a big change not made known before it was made live?

Of course, if this was just a bug and I'm just jumping the gun, my apologies and feel free to ignore it!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs